Final

Lucky Guess

A/N: One of my so many unfinished drafts... Let's hope it will get me out of the bad writing mood and the fact that I lost all of my work including my almost finished MBS update :'(

 


- Lucky Guess -

 

It was a peaceful day when he finally got to enjoy some alone time away from work, trainings, and nonstop brain wracking. Sitting at a coffee shop by the busy street, eyes curiously scanning his surroundings, he casually sipped from his café caramel, humming as the sweet bitter taste reached his throat, a smile curving his lips as it seemed nothing could disturb his morning.

Well, until...

"Is that a bomb?"

A woman shouted startling everyone around her as people started looking at where she was pointing. When they realized she was right, the panic started and everyone were on their feet running away, knocking chairs on their way out or pushing each other to save themselves. All except Cho Kyuhyun who looked at the sky as if speaking to someone and muttered between his gritted teeth  Seriously?!"

Momentarily closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he stood up and walked his way through the commotion and toward the object sitting next to one of the tables, clearly whoever put it was trying to hide it but it didn't work.

"Amateur"                                        

Kyuhyun kneeled beside it, checked the timer that was now showing that there were five minutes left before it exploded.

Carefully flipping it around to check which kind it was "Tsk... not even the good kind?"

As he was about to open the small lid on the back, came a sudden shout startling him.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Raising his head from where he was squatting, he had to adjust to the sun before he could see the face that was shockingly staring at him.

"What are you doing here? Follow the others!"

"I should ask you the same!"

"Just go"

Not wanting to waste any more time, Kyuhyun turned his gaze to the bomb in hand trying to see where the different wires lead to. He was so focused that he didn't notice the man squatting in front of him as well, inspecting what he was doing until the said man asked "Do you know what you're doing?"

Only getting a sharp look as a response, the man sat silently watching Kyuhyun's every move.

"Can I help?"

"Do you have a death wish or something?"

Kyuhyun could see what felt like an offended look on the man's face but he didn't have time to chat or care honestly.

"Just watch the timer"

Obediently nodding, he confidently informed "Two more minutes"

Rustling between the wires, Kyuhyun carefully inspected the bomb then his mouth formed into a smirk.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Huh? Green" He answered dumbfounded, confused about how the crazy man had time to chat in a situation like this.

"Mine is blue"

Puzzled, the man was waiting for some explanation when Kyuhyun grabbed two wires the blue one and the green one and pulled out a small pincer from his pocket.

Eyes wide open, the man stared in disbelief as Kyuhyun attempted to cut.     

"Go"

"What? No!"

Seeing that the man showed no plan to move away, Kyuhyun stared at the wires for a moment.    

"How much left?"

"Fifty seconds"                                       

Taking a last glance at the man, Kyuhyun sweetly smiled “Nice to meet you, stranger”

Then as if everything stopped, they held their breaths waiting for the outcome. When the clock suddenly stopped and shut off, the man let his body fall backwards as he sighed in relief.

Then when he got over the feeling of almost dying, he gazed at Kyuhyun who was proudly smirking at him.

"Did you just base diffusing a bomb on a favorite color? Are you crazy?" 

"Lucky guess?"

Shrugging his shoulder, Kyuhyun stood up just as the police, the press and the safety force arrived.

"You should go before they start pampering you with questions"

Standing up as well, he dusted his jeans as he stated "I'm gonna have to talk to the police first since it's my coffee shop"

"You're the owner?"

"Yep”

"So that's why you didn't wanna leave?"

"That and the crazy person who seem to watch too many movies that he thought he could diffuse a bomb"

"I did, didn't I?"

Siwon was struck by the innocent look and the blinking eyes that were different from the confident look he had earlier. Before he could reply though, a couple of men walked toward Kyuhyun as he signaled for them that it's safe to come closer.    

"Boss! Are you okay?"

'Boss?'

"I'm okay"

"Waah you seem to attract bombs wherever you go!"

"Yah! All I wanted was a day away from all of this and your silliness"

The duo chuckled at their grumpy boss before they took notice of the man standing next to them.  

"Hi, I'm Donghae and this is Hyukjae. We work for this one"  

Kyuhyun snickered with an eye roll and the man found it amusing how Kyuhyun seemed to have different personalities. He smiled before introducing himself.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Siwon"

"Oh Choi Siwon? The owner of this café, right?"

"How do you know that?" Kyuhyun asked confused.

"Well dummy, we ordered your birthday cake from here"

"Really?" Siwon asked.

"Starcraft cake?" Hyukjae reminded and Siwon's face formed an O.

"Cho Kyuhyun the gamer, right?"

"Yep that's him!"

Donghae cheerfully exclaimed while Kyuhyun threw him a glare before walking away to the police to give his report.

 

About an hour later, all reports were done and Kyuhyun couldn't wait to get back to his peaceful morning. He didn't even bother to say goodbye to Donghae and Hyukjae who were happily chatting with Siwon.

For some reason he felt odd but he shrugged it off and walked away.

.
.

.

A week later, Kyuhyun was back to work, his head buried in yet another bomb trying to diffuse it, this time it was some idiot nerds who had a bet about who could make a bomb that was hard to diffuse but it didn't go as planned.

The things I have to go through… Don’t they know nothing is impossible for Cho Kyuhyun? Tsk…

Once done, he asked Donghae to talk to the police instead because he wasn't feeling too well.

Walking to his car, he took a seat and closed his eyes for a mere second but immediately snapped them open when images of Siwon popped in his head. He had been remembering the man a lot especially after a mission like this. He thought the man was an idiot to stick around no matter how confident Kyuhyun was when it came to his job.

Deciding to go home for the day, he was about to start the engine when someone knocked on the side window. Turning his head to see who it was, his eyes bulged as he saw the man he was just thinking about smiling at him.

Rolling down the car window, he tried to will away the tiny blush forming on his cheeks and as he cleared his throat, he coolly asked “Are you possibly following me?”

Letting out a laugh that sounded like music to Kyuhyun’s ear, Siwon playfully said “Maybe”

Rolling his eyes, Kyuhyun looked away to hide his smile, pretending to look at something in his bag that was resting on the passenger seat.

“So? What brought you here?”

“Just another day at work. You? I know your café isn’t anywhere near here”

“I was visiting someone”

That got Kyuhyun’s attention as he stared at Siwon for a moment not sure why he felt disturbed about it.

Someone?”

He cursed himself inside his head for the slip, and the smile he got from the man leaning toward him didn’t help.

“A friend

“Oh okay”

He tried to act cool again but with the red cheeks, he looked adorable instead.

“My neck hurts”

Kyuhyun confusedly looked at him with a question mark on his face.

“What?!”

“Are you gonna keep me leaning like this, or are you gonna get down and let me talk to you properly?”

Understanding what Siwon meant, Kyuhyun cleared his throat before climbing out of the car.

As he stood leaning on the car door and Siwon standing before him with hands in his pockets, he seriously didn’t know what was happening to him. He never felt this flustered and he couldn’t deny that the man was gorgeous and that fact was getting under his nerves.

“So?”

Smiling at the impatient man, Siwon asked “You never really answered my question”

“What question?”

“How you based diffusing that bomb on our favorite colors”

“I already said lucky guess”

Seeing the man narrowing his eyes at him, not satisfied about that answer, Kyuhyun sighed before explaining “I’m a bomb diffuser. I know which wire I should disconnect. The colors? That was one hell of a coincidence”

Nodding in understanding, Siwon took a step closer and while leaning toward Kyuhyun’s face he said “So it could count as destiny?”

“If you say so”

“But then if it is, that means that you should give me your phone number”

“Is that so?”

“Yep. What are the chances of you being at my café when all of that happened, and us running to each other now here although we live and work far away?”

Not sure if it was a question or a statement, Kyuhyun just stared at the man not sure how to answer that. It was like the cat ate his tongue.

“Plus… I made your birthday cake. Don’t you think it’s destiny?”

Finally getting out of his tied tongue, he crossed his arms over his chest as he challenged Siwon.

“Let’s say I agree. If this is destiny like you say… what are you gonna do about it?”

Siwon’s eyes sparkled at the clear invitation to make a move and he didn’t waste any time in leaning even forward, hands on the car on each side of Kyuhyun’s arms, trapping him between his body as he dared to have a taste at the tempting lips.

Kyuhyun didn’t move at first, shocked about the soft lips that were pressed against his. He let Siwon play with his lips for a couple of seconds before it was impossible not to kiss back. So wrapping his arms around the man’s neck, he pulled him closer and started devouring the tasty lips.

Smiling at the action, Siwon sneaked his arms around Kyuhyun’s waist pulling him closer as he allowed him to gently ease his tongue into his mouth.

Reluctantly, Siwon released his mouth and pulled away just enough to look into his eyes and smile. Kyuhyun couldn't quite tell how long the kiss lasted, but he knew it wasn't as long as he would have liked.

“O-okay”

“How about that phone number now?”

Kyuhyun managed to prick a smile at the cheeky man, arms still tight around his neck, afraid his knees would give up if he let go.

“I guess I could give you that much”

Chuckling, Siwon pressed a couple of quick pecks on the red lips, and although it was so wrong, Kyuhyun was thankful for that bomb that made him meet this addictive man standing before him with a big dimpled grin.

 

- End -