Eternity

Eternity


Taeyeon walked through the crowded and cold street of Seoul. She didn't mind the cold night at all for she was only thinking about a certain girl that she could not care less from coldness. She pulled out something from her pocket and smiled upon seeing the box that was shining. As Taeyeon was nearing their apartment, she can't help but feel giddy and excited. She opened the door of their apartment and was disappointed when a dark empty house greeted her.

'Where could she be?'. She wondered. She opened the lights and started checking out the whole place. She was about to leave their room when she noticed something on the desk.

Taeyeon picked the piece of paper up and started reading what the letter says. Her eyes started b with tears, "Stage 4. Leukemia."

Taeyeon tried her best to stop her tears from falling. She went back to the living room and decided to wait for Tiffany there.

After a few minutes Tiffany came with wide smile plastered on her face, "Taetae!" She called out. She went to the kitchen, failing to notice the girl she was looking for was just sitting quietly in the living room. Tiffany drank a glass of water before finally walking out of the kitchen. She jumped in surprise seeing Taeyeon in the living. "How long have you been there?"

"I was here already before you arrive."

Tiffany smiled as she remove her jacket and shoal, "It's really cold outside. Have you eaten dinner?"

"Can we talk?" Tiffany frowned and somehow confused by Taeyeon's response.

"We are talking silly." Tiffany chuckled.

"No. I mean talk.." Taeyeon stood up and walked towards Tiffany, "Talk about this." Taeyeon showed Tiffany the letter she found. Soon Tiffany's face went serious.

"Where'd you get this?" Tiffany said with her voice shaking, she took the paper from Taeyeon's hand.

"You weren't being careful hiding your secrets away." Almost instantly Taeyeon's eyed brimmed with tears. "When are you planning to tell me? Or do you even plan to tell me?"

"I was going to tell you." Tiffany reached for Taeyeon but the brunette took a step back.

"When Tiffany?! When?!" Taeyeon shouted as her tears started flowing. "When exactly are you going to tell me that you are enduring this kind of pain."

"I was going to tell you the day I was diagnosed. But you were busy with your family's company, you were going through a lot of stress so I don't want to add another burden to you. I don't want you to worry." Tiffany broke down in tears as she bury her face on her palms. "I don't want to trouble you with my problems. I'm sorry."

Taeyeon felt week seeing Tiffany cry on the floor. She knelt down in front of the girl and hugged her tight.

"We'll go to the hospital first thing in the morning." Tiffany nodded against Taeyeon's chest.

"I'm scared Taeng. I'm scared." Tiffany cried.

Taeyeon hushed the girl. "I'm here. Don't be."

--

It's been 9 months since Tiffany was admitted to the hospital and went under surgery. Leo and Taeyeon hired the best doctor but it seems like her condition only got worse. Everyday since then Taeyeon took care of her. She never left Tiffany's side, when she does it would be because of the company and would only last for a few hours.

"Taeng?" Tiffany called weakly.

"Hm?"

"Remember when you first came to our dorm?" The two girls both smiled remembering the first day they met.

--

(Flashback)

Taeyeon excitedly looked for her dorm room. She glanced at the paper given to her, "Dorm 2 Room 309." She mumbled to herself.

Finally after a few minutes of looking, there she is, standing infront of her room for the next 4 years. She exhaled a huge amount of air before knocking.

She prayed to God that her roommate would be a kind and lovely girl who would get along with her easily. After a few seconds the door opened wide, revealing a smiling girl. Taeyeon's mouth was left in agape. Lovely was an understatement, for the girl standing in front of her was beautiful like a goddess. 

"Hi." Tiffany greeted flashing her famous eyesmile to the girl who can't process everything at the moment. 

A drop of blood suddenly fell from Taeyeon's nose making Tiffany panic. She quickly drag the girl who just woke up from her trance, "I'm sorry.. I.. I don't.."

"Here wipe the blood off your nose." Tiffany handed a pink towel. She placed the huge beanbag across Taeyeon and sat.

Taeyeon took the towel and started wiping the blood stains away, "I'm Taeyeon by the way."

"Tiffany Hwang. Nice to meet you dork."

Taeyeon smiled dorkily, showing her cute little chin dimple.

Tiffany smiled back.

--

(Present)
They both laughed out loud at the thought of what happened that day. 

Taeyeon took Tiffany's hand and intertwined their fingers. "I looked like an idiot that day." Taeyeon chuckled.

"I don't think so. You were so cute like a little kid!" Tiffany flashed her eyesmile that Taeyeon loves to see.

"I know right. That's why you like me so much." Taeyeon grinned.

"So full of yourself much Taetae?"

Taeyeon smiled. She brushed Tiffany's hair using her fingers and stared at her lovingly. Tiffany found it strange yet sweet. Taeyeon went back to her place and held Tiffany's hand once again, planting a soft kiss that lasted a minute or so, she then rested her cheek against the back of Tiffany's hand.

"I love you." Taeyeon mumbled. A tear fell from her cheek she quickly wiped the tear away so Tiffany won't see.

"And I love you more than anything Taetae." Tiffany smiled clearly unaware of Taeyeon's b tears.

"You go ahead and rest. Okay?" 

Tiffany nodded. "You should too."

"I will." Taeyeon captured Tiffany's soft plum lips.

Sleep seemed to come so fast for Tiffany as she fell into slumber minutes after Taeyeon tucked her to bed. Taeyeon carefully fixed the comforter for Tiffany and quietly left the place for awhile.

"Taeng!" Tiffany's brother called as they bump into each other at the hall. "Where are you headed?"

"I'm just going out for fresh air oppa." Taeyeon smiled weakly.

"Okay. I'll be looking out for Tiffany then. Be safe."

Taeyeon went to the rooftop of the building. She traced the cold railings with her fingers as she inhale the cold air. She pulled out her phone and stared at the picture she and Tiffany shared. Taeyeon soon began sobbing. She poured all the pain she endured while facing Tiffany, while seeing the person she loves so weak and pale. She closed her eyes for a bit as she try to reminisce all the beautiful memories she had with Tiffany.

(Flashback)

"Taeyeon!" Tiffany yelped as a pair of slender arms encircled around her waist from behind. She knew who the person is without even hearing the voice or seeing the face. Just the mere feeling that she feels whenever they touch, she can clearly recognize the girl anywhere. "I'm cooking Taetae."

"I know." Taeyeon whispered and pressed her body tighter against Tiffany's. "I just wanna hug you right now baby."

Tiffany smiled and felt her heart beating like the first time. She could also feel the other girl's beating heart.

--

Taeyeon woke up and instantly smiled when she saw Tiffany beside her. Taeyeon tuck the girl's hair behind her ear. She watched how Tiffany glow under the ray of the sun. She planted soft kisses on Tiffany's face, enough to wake up the girl from her sleep.

"What time is it Taeng?"

Taeyeon glanced at the digital clock placed on the bedside table, "8:30am." 

Tiffany abruptly stood up, she's late for work. "Oh my god. I'm late Taeng. I'm la-" 

"Can we not think of anything else? Just for today, can we stay here? And cuddle?"

Tiffany smiled. They both skipped work and stayed at their little bubble together, cuddling.

--

Taeyeon's track of thoughts was disturbed when her phone rang loudly.

"Hello.."

"Taeng. Tiffany..." Taeyeon almost drop her phone but nevertheless she quickly ran.

"What happened?" She asked breathless.

Leo stood up and hugged the girl tight, "I don't know.." The guy sniffed, "She just, she just woke up screaming in pain."

Taeyeon fell lifelessly on the ground, "I should've been there." she whispered.

The two waited for an hour until the doctor came out with a nurse behind him.

"Well," The doctor sighed. Taeyeon knew right then and there that the next few words of the doctor won't be any good news. "We managed to lessen the pain but.."

"But what Doc?" Taeyeon trembled.

"The bacteria is spreading fast."

"What do you mean Doc?"

"The pain she is feeling would only get worse. The pain killers we're giving her will soon be useless."

"Then give her a different one!"

"You don't understand..." The doctor paused for a few seconds, "The bacteria is poisoning her organs, causing them to fail. Soon her organs will completely not function. I'm afraid to say this but they won't last long. It's all in God's hands now. I'm sorry, we did our best to save her."

"What?" Taeyeon asked, "You're a doctor! You're supposed to treat people! And now you're telling us it's all in God's hand?!"

"I'm sorry but we did our best." the doctor hang his head low.

"You're supposed to save her doc. That's your job!" Taeyeon was about to grab the doctor's collar but Leo stopped her. "You are paid to save people!"

"I'm sorry but it was already miserable when the patient was operated. We could've had save her if it wasn't too late. Believe me all I want is to save the person you love but I can't do miracles as much as I want to."

"It's okay Doc. We understand." Leo spoke softly.

"I'm really sorry." The doctor said before leaving.

Taeyeon couldn't do anything but break down and cry. She buried her face on her palms as Leo caress her back.

"She's a fighter Taeng. Let's have faith."

Taeyeon tried her best to calm down but she can't seem to stop herself from crying.

"Taeng stay strong for her please."

Taeyeon stood up and went back inside Tiffany's room. She held the girl's hand and tried to muster up enough courage to smile but she could only draw a small smile.

"I'll be just outside Taeng." Leo said and went out of the room.

Taeyeon fell asleep leaning her head down on the mattress while holding Tiffany's hand. 

Just then, Leo sneaked inside to check the two girls. He felt pity over Taeyeon who seemed lifeless than Tiffany. He remembered how Taeyeon made his little sister happy and until now it doesn't change.

"It's okay if you don't fight for us little sis. Atleast fight for Taeyeon. Please. She needs you." He whispered through his little sister's ear, hoping that it would reach her dreams somehow.

Leo was about to exit the room when he heard Taeyeon speak to her sleep, "Fany-ah we can't lose you like this."

The next morning Taeyeon woke up by the small sound of glasses touching each other. She looked up and found no one on the bed. When she stood up she saw Tiffany pouring herself a glass of water. She quickly rushed over the girl to assist her.

"Fany-ah you shouldn't be moving around."

"I just want to get myself a water Taeng."

"I know but you should've wake me up."

Tiffany smiled apologetically. Once she was done drinking, Taeyeon carefully assisted her back to the bed.

"How are you feeling?" Taeyeon asked.

"I'm fine." Tiffany frowned as she scan her lover. She noticed how miserable the girl looked. She noticed how Taeyeon's face looked tired. It hurted her. As much as she wants Taeyeon by her side, she can't take seeing her this way. "Taeng?"

"Hm?"

"Go home."

"What?" Taeyeon asked, surprised.

"I said go home. I want you to go home."

"I can't. I don't want to." Taeyeon argued.

"But I want you to go home Taeng!" Tiffany raised her voice as she tried to stop it from shaking, "I want you to rest Taeng. Even just for a day. I mean look at you! You look worse than me. It's hurting me to see you like this. So please go home for a day and rest. If you can't do it for yourself then do it for me." Tiffany started crying.

Taeyeon hugged the crying girl, "Okay. I'll go home. But I'll come back tonight. I'm sorry stop crying." Taeyeon kissed Tiffany's head.

Taeyeon left Tiffany by her brother. She wanted to stay but she doesn't want argue with Tiffany, not in her condition. Taeyeon faced their apartment that used to be so noisy but now it's silent. The gloomy atmosphere saddened her. She thinks that coming back here for the first time in months isn't a good idea. Nevertheless, she obeyed Tiffany and grabbed some rest.

--

It was 10pm and Taeyeon still isn't back Leo called her but she didn't answer. He went inside the room and stared at Tiffany who was watching a sitcom. He smiled seeing Tiffany laugh. But he can feel Tiffany getting weaker by the day.

"Miyoungie." Leo spoke softly as he sit next to his sister.

Tiffany removed her focus from the television and shifted it to her brother. She furrowed her eyebrows seeing her brother trying to fake a smile.

"I know it's hard and I know It's gonna sound selfish but please fight for Taeyeon." A tear fell from Tiffany's eyes as she see her brother trying to surpress his tears. "Atleast fight for her." Leo's voice crack as his tears fell.

Tiffany tried her best to endure the pain she was staring to feel, she wanted to look strong for her family and Taeyeon but the pain was getting stronger. It was more painful and it gets unbearable by the time. She groaned.

"Where does it hurt Tiffany?" Leo panicked but Tiffany could only clutch on her stomach. Leo cried not knowing what to do. "Doctor! Nurse! Anyone! Help!"

On the other hand, Taeyeon was walking towards Tiffany's room. She felt better after getting enough sleep. She bought Tiffany her favorite ice cream and was excited to share it with her but a shout alarmed her. She instantly ran fast and when she got to the room she saw Tiffany clutching her stomach tight. Taeyeon quickly rushed over Tiffany and hugged the girl, she wasn't even aware that she just threw the ice cream somewhere.

Recognizing Taeyeon's warmth and scent, Tiffany automatically wrapped her arms around the girl's shoulder and held onto her shirt.

Just then the doctor came and softly removed Taeyeon away from Tiffany.

"I'm sorry please step back." The doctor said.

Both Taeyeon and Leo cried seeing Tiffany in pain again. Taeyeon couldn't bear it anymore so she decided to step out of the room although she could still hear Tiffany scream. It lasted for a couple of minutes when she finally calmed down and slowly fall into slumber. 

"Doc.." Taeyeon said as she saw the doctor stepping out of the room with Leo. "How is she?"

"Like I said last night, her organs are starting to fail. I'm gonna run another test and see if there are changes."

Taeyeon could only nod before going back to Tiffany's side. She watched Tiffany sleep safe and sound. She watched how slow Tiffany's chest rise and fall. She could even hear her breathe.

"I want you to fight babe but I don't want to see you hurting anymore. I don't know what to do now." Taeyeon's voice cracked but she promised herself not to cry tonight. "How can I be strong when my only strength is hurting. If you go, would I have the strength to wake up every morning without you by my side? If you go, would I last a day without seeing your precious eyesmile or hear your loud yet sweet voice? How would I live without you when you basically became my life? How would I live without Tiffany Hwang?"

Meanwhile, Leo was just by the door, listening to Taeyeon. He sobbed and bit his fingers just to stop himself from making any sound. Leo didn't mind how many times he cried if it's the only to pour out the pain. Why not cry?

After an hour everything went calm. Taeyeon stayed there, still watching Tiffany. While Leo waited outside for the doctor. A few minutes later the doctor came back with the results. His face were unreadable but Leo knew there would be no good news for them.

"Taeng. The doctor is here." Leo said weakly. Taeyeon nodded and kissed Tiffany before following Leo outside.

"I want to come back here with good news but I failed. Her results has gone worst. Her liver is failing and soon her kidneys too." The doctor paused for a moment. He barely knew the people infront of him but he felt sad knowing how things would end. "Her days here are counted."

Taeyeon's heart broke into million pieces. She felt like dying hearing those words. It was the last thing she wanted to hear from the doctor but then again maybe this is the last part of their battle and they have lost it.

Leo as well felt like the world had just swallowed him alive, "Are you sure there's nothing else we can do? Anything?"

"I'm sorry. I really am. But there's nothing."

"How long then?"

"Days or a week. Tops."

"Can we take her home?" Taeyeon asked.

"If you wish for that I could fix the papers and have her discharge by morning."

"Thank you Mr. Lee. For everything." Taeyeon went back inside the room and started tidying things up.

"Are you sure about this Taeng?"

Taeyeon nodded weakly.

--
Taeyeon decided to take Tiffany at their family's rest house. Tiffany was happy to finally see the outside world again. She felt like it has been years since Taeyeon drove her to somewhere. Leo promised to follow them right away as soon as he finish things with his work. 

Tiffany had fallen asleep in the car since it was a long drive. She only woke up when she felt the car stopping.

"We're here." Taeyeon said as she pull out a wheelchair for Tiffany.

Tiffany pouted seeing the wheelchair, "I'm not sitting on that. I'll walk."

"Are you sure?" Tiffany nodded in response. "Okay."

Tiffany smiled at the sight of the pure white sand and the blue ocean in front of her. She squealed in happiness and walked towards the ocean.

Taeyeon soon followed when she finished organizing their things.

"Do you like it here?" Taeyeon asked as she stood beside Tiffany.

"Like it? I love it Taetae. I could spend forever here, with you." Tiffany smiled and captured Taeyeon's lips.

The day went by. Taeyeon was thankful that Tiffany didn't experience any pain. The night was calm, they slept in peace, locked in each other's arms. It was a night Taeyeon wished to have with Tiffany again.

--

Taeyeon cooked non-stop in the kitchen while Tiffany just watched her in awe. The reason why she was cooking a lot was because she invited their closest friends for lunch. Dish after dish, Taeyeon successfully cooked Tiffany's favorite foods which made the eyesmiling girl happier.

Hours later and their friends started coming. Outside was a long dining table which was enough for them. Once their friends all arrived, they started devouring Taeyeon had cooked. Soon after the talking began.

"I remember Taeyeon getting a B minus on her final exam because she and Tiffany fought." Sunny said earning soft chuckles from the others.

"That's nothing compared to mine." Yuri teased. "Taeyeon forced me to sneak out of the dorm with her and buy Tiffany a chocolate because she was craving for it. We did got her the chocolate but Taeng and I got caught and ended up cleaning the whole cafeteria for a week. They weren't even dating that time." Everyone laughed and agreed upon remembering those times.

"You said that was some kind of school service." Tiffany whispered. Taeyeon had to hide her face from embarrassment.

"Let's not forget Tiffany here. She also had a lot of funny stories." Jessica said earning a glare from Tiffany. But Jessica dismissed it, "When they were going to have their first date, Tiffany spent 5 hours thinking of what to wear. Then she settled for-"

"Tiffany showed up wearing jeans and a printed pull-over. The funny part is, it was Micky mouse." Taeyeon said as she laugh. Tiffany nudged Taeyeon softly.

"5 hours for a jeans and a pull-over. That's awesome Tiff." Sunny said.

"And there was a time when we were walking down the hall, Taeyeon was approaching us and called out Tiffany. Tiffany's face was pink. She ended up entering a wrong class just to avoid Taeng." Jessica said.

"What about the time when Tiffany drank a bottle of beer and she ended up confessing to us about her feelings for her roommie. And then she was denying it the next day. Then she desperately tried to avoid Taeyeon but then she realized they were roommies." Sooyoung said who was busy eating.

Everyone shared their funny stories with either of the couple. Everyone laughed at the roller coaster ride of their friends' relationship. It was like college again. As the night fall, their friends started bidding goodbyes to the couple. Jessica hugged Taeyeon and whispered, "Thank you for making my bestfriend happy." Taeyeon smiled.

Another day went by and just like yesterday, Tiffany seemed perfectly fine. Until the 3rd day. Taeyeon just finished taking a bath and was already drying her hair. She looked over Tiffany and saw the girl flinching. She ran towards Tiffany and took the girl in her arms. Taeyeon reached for the medicine and gave it to Tiffany. Soon Tiffany felt ease. The pain became bearable. Tiffany all of a sudden became so weak that day. She can hardly walk. 

Leo came in the morning and found the couple in the bedroom. He smiled seeing them both sleeping soundlessly. He decided to cook bacon and eggs and toast for them.

Taeyeon woke up by the smell. Curioused, she check the kitchen and found Tiffany's brother cooking.

"Good morning.." Taeyeon greeted.

"Oh morning. I hope you don't mind me cooking.." Leo said as he place perfectly fried eggs on the plate. "How is she?"

"She's fine. I guess."

"Taetae?" Tiffany called, she stood by the door. Taeyeon ran right away by Tiffany's side.

"Hi sis." Leo greeted showing the same smile as Tiffany's.

Tiffany was happy to see her brother. The three of them enjoyed a great breakfast. Although Tiffany was trying her best to show that she's fine, Taeyeon could still feel otherwise. Taeyeon could clearly see Tiffany struggling, she could feel her getting weaker, she could feel her enduring the pain.

Leo and Tiffany stayed at the porch at the back of the house, admiring the beautiful ocean. Tiffany rested her head against her brother's shoulder. Leo adjusted his posistion so Tiffany would be comfortable.

"Miyoung ah. Are you happy?"

Tiffany smiled, "I am." Tiffany paused as the fresh air hit both of their faces, "I was born in a great family and I met the greatest girl I've ever met in my life."

"I'm glad you met her."

"I'm glad you guys accepted her."

"How could we not accept a person who loves you more than her life? I'm sure mom and dad is so proud of you."

"I'm meeting them soon." 

"Don't say that." Leo frowned.

"I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to fight for you guys. I'm sure that's the reason why unnie never visited again."

"Hey save it. I don't wanna hear any of those. Mich is just not that strong enough to see you hurt."

Tiffany began crying on Leo's shoulder. Leo caressed the girl's back. Minutes later Tiffany fell asleep from crying, Leo had to carry her to the bedroom. Taeyeon stayed by Tiffany's side.

"She just cried and then fell asleep." Leo let out a small laugh.

"She falls asleep easily nowadays." Taeyeon said fixing Tiffany's hair.

"Come with me outside for awhile." Leo said. Taeyeon kissed Tiffany on the forehead before following the older guy. "I can't thank you enough for staying by her side all this time, for loving her more than anyone else could and for everything Taeng."

Taeyeon kept quiet.

"You lifted her up Taeng. You made her happy and contented. I don't think anyone else could do that."

"All I did is just love her oppa." Taeyeon smiled.

"Well you're doing great Taeng and I really am thankful." Leo paused, "I'm going back to Seoul tonight. Don't call me if it's bad news." Leo said half joking.

Leo left when the stars started showing up. He kissed Tiffany goodbye and whispered 'I love you' to her ear. Leo hugged the other girl tight hoping it would comfort her, Taeyeon smiled in return before sending the guy to the door.

Taeyeon snuggled next to Tiffany and wrapped her arms around the girl. She kept on whispering 'I love you' to the unconscious girl until sleep came. 

Tiffany woke up in the middle of her sleep because of the pain she was feeling. She tried to get the glass of water but failed and caused it to fall and break into pieces. Taeyeon woke up immediately when she heard the glass break. She ran to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. She assisted Tiffany as the girl take her pain reliever. Taeyeon then wrapped her arms around the girl, comforting her, loving her.

Tiffany held onto Taeyeon's arm tigthly as she endure the striking pain.

"I love the feel of your name on my lips.." Taeyeon started singing, "I love the sound of your sweet gentle kiss." She paused to ask, "Is it helping?" Feeling the girl nod against her chest, she continued. "The way that your fingers run through my hair and how your scent linger even when you're not there." As Taeyeon sing, different memories flashed to her mind, "I love the way your eyes dance when you laugh and how you enjoy your two-hour bath." Taeyeon could feel Tiffany's breathing calm down.

"And I love the way you love me.." Taeyeon slowly laid Tiffany down. "Strong and wild. Slow and easy. Heart and soul. So completely I love the way you love me." Taeyeon finished of the song by kissing the girl gently on her forehead. "I love you Hwang Miyoung."

--

It's been 5 days and Taeyeon knew she's losing time from her grip. The worst part is Tiffany curled like a ball on the bed for hours, in pain. When the pain stopped and Tiffany fell asleep, Taeyeon took the time to cook her a special dinner. When she was done, she started preparing the table. It wasn't fancy but it was enough to be considered as candle light dinner. She took a quick bath and wore simple jeans and her blue denim longsleeves that Tiffany gave her as a present. 

She kneeled in front of Tiffany and softly wake the girl up. Tiffany smiled seeing Taeyeon and managed to mumble the girl's name.

"Let's have dinner."

Tiffany managed to walk normal this time. She linked her arms with Taeyeon as they approach the small table prepared for them. It made Tiffany smile. Her heart melted.

"How'd you do all this?" Tiffany asked, surprised but she was moved by Taeyeon's sweetness.

"I took the time while you were sleeping." Taeyeon smiled.

After eating Taeyeon offered Tiffany a short waltz. Taeyeon encircled her arms on Tiffany's waist while Tiffany rested her arms on Taeyeon's shoulder. No words were needed at that moment for smiles and eye contacts are more than enough. After a few minutes Taeyeon took Tiffany for a walk with arms linked to each other.

"I love you Taeng. I know I haven't said that in awhile but I hope you still know that and feel it."

"Ofcourse I still do." Tiffany smiled before flinching a little a bit, "You okay?" Taeyeon asked worriedly. She was about to ran back to the house and get Tiffany some medicine but the girl held onto her hand.

"Don't leave. I'm fine." Tiffany managed to smile.

Taeyeon hesistantly stayed beside her. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to go get you some medicine?" 

Tiffany nodded and showed her famous eyesmile to assure Taeyeon that she's fine.

Taeyeon smiled back. She missed those crescent eyes.

"Can we seat by the porch Taeng?"

Taeyeon nodded and led Tiffany to the porch. Tiffany rested her head on Taeyeon's shoulder, she intertwined their fingers. Taeyeon responded by holding the latter's hand tightly.

"When you confessed to me," Tiffany started, "I was the happiest. I never liked any surprise that includes a crowd but having you confess in the middle of our university field. I would've never wanted it any other way."

Taeyeon could only smile as her tears brimmed.

"I love it when you smile at me. When your small dimple shows. I love your sweet voice. I love your weird laugh. I love it when you fall asleep next to me and when I wake up with your arms wrapped around me. I feel so secured. I love it when you get childish, when you ruffle your hair and when you touch me. It's the little things that only I know. Those are the things that make you mine."

Taeyeon chuckled, "You just quoted Westlife."

"I know." Tiffany flinched again. She hold onto Taeyeon to stop the girl from running back the house. "I'm fine." 

Taeyeon stayed, "I never believed in angels but when you opened the door for me, everything just changed." Taeyeon took out the ring she bought 9 months ago. "I bought this 9 months ago.." Tiffany couldn't believe her eyes, she wasn't even able to stop her tears as they fall down continuously. "I was thinking, if I would tie down the knot, it will be with you."

Taeyeon wanted to put it ring in to Tiffany's finger but she decided not to. Instead, she put it in Tiffany's palm, "Hold on to this for a moment please."

Tiffany did as what Taeyeon told her, she held the ring tight and safe on her palm.

"I don't know anything about vows but I promise to love you until the very last day I see the sun rise. I promise I won't look for anyone else. And I know promises are meant to be broken but I'm making you an exception."

Tiffany could feel sincerity with her voice. She could feel how Taeyeon really loves her ever since and everyday the girl never failed to express that to her. As much as Tiffany wants to fight, she can't, she had lost her battle with her disease and now she's losing the war with time.

"I know you're hurting bad Fany. It's okay to give up the fight. It's okay if you wanna let go." Taeyeon sobbed. "If letting you go would free you from all the pain then I would. I will let you go even if it means forever."

"Taeng.."

"I can't promise you I'll be okay without you, if I can live the same without you but I'll try." Taeyeon tried her best to wear her most genuine smile. The sweetest one only for Tiffany.

Tiffany hugged the girl next to her. Tight yet loving. It was meaningful.

"I want you to promise me you'll be okay Taeng. That if I ever leave this place right next to you, you would let someone in. Fall in love again Taeng, I don't care who's going to replace me but I'd rather have you love someone again than be alone. I want that to be your vow."

Taeyeon shook her head showing she can't agree. 'God is this it? Are you taking her away from me? I still have two days.'

"Sing for me again Taeng, like last night." Tiffany said. She wanted to hear her lover's voice for the last time.

Taeyeon clenched her teeth. She coughed trying to remove the big lump in . She dried her tears before adjusting herself and let Tiffany sit between her legs allowing the girl to lean back against her chest. 

"When the visions around you bring tears your eyes.." Tiffany slowly closed her eyes. "And all that surrounds you. Are the secrets and lies.."

Memories of them started flashing in Tiffany's mind. From the day she met Taeyeon, from their first date, from their worst fight and almost break up. All the hugs and kisses, all the fuss and fights, and all the songs they sang together. Tiffany placed all of them inside her heart. All those memories brought Tiffany in tears and smile at the same time, for she had the best 9 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 2 days and 6 hours of her life with Taeyeon. It wasn't that long but it was enough for her.

"I'll be your strength. I'll give you hope. Keeping your faith when it's gone. The one you should call is standing here all along." Taeyeon closed her eyes and savor the sad yet blissful moment with Tiffany while it lasted. "And I will take you in my arms.." Tears started falling from her eyes as she continue singing, "And hold you right where you belong. 'Til the day my life is through, this I promise you."

"I love you Tiffany Hwang." She whispered and kissed the top of Tiffany's head.

"I've loved you forever, in lifetimes before. And I promise you never, will you hurt anymore. I give you my word. I give you my heart. This is the battle we've won and with this vow, forever has now begun.." Taeyeon could feel Tiffany's hand loosen from her arms and the latter's body got heavier. But Taeyeon held her tighter. "Just close eyes.." Taeyeon breathed out heavily.

A picture of Taeyeon and her was the last thing she wanted to remember before finally closing her eyes forever. 'Goodbye Taeng.'

"I love you Kim Taeyeon." She whispered softly not even knowing if Taeyeon heard her.

Taeyeon stopped as she felt Tiffany's hand fell and the ring fell heavily from the girl's palm down to ground. Taeyeon fought everything inside her to atleast finish the chorus. She bit the inside of and shut her eyes tight. This is it, this is goodbye. "Each.. Loving.. Day.." Taeyeon choked by each word and finally broke down. She held Tiffany tigther and moved their bodies slowly back and forth. "I know this feeling won't go away. 'Til the day my life is through. This I promise you. This I promise you."

Taeyeon buried her head at the crook of Tiffany's neck, inhaling every scent left off of Tiffany.

Taeyeon held the love of her life for a few more minutes and cried herself out as if she never cried before.

"Saranghae." Taeyeon whispered to the air hoping that somehow Tiffany would hear it.