Chapter 1 - First Day

Complicated Connections

First Day of School - Aeyoung's POV

 

Ughhhh. School's back. Why does god hate me?? - Aeyoung said disappointed. She looked over at her pet Gerbil, Rocky, envious from seeing him sleeping in his cage all curled up in a ball.

 

Lucky bastard…. - Aeyoung said while walking out of her room, shutting the door behind her. She continues downstairs, skipping breakfast, and puts on her shoes. Heading out, she puts in her earphones and walks to school.

 

She walks through the front gates feeling the disappointment grow stronger as she walks even further. She spots Mark and MinHee walking ahead of her and the feeling slightly lessens. She runs up through the middle of them and wraps her arms around theirs necks.

 

Hey guys! I haven't seen you in awhile. - Aeyoung

 

Yo - Mark

 

Hi - MinHee

 

Soo what do you guys think? Hating it? Loving it? I don’t care? - Aeyoung asks.

 

Ehmmm, I'm okay with it. Don't hate it but don't love it. - MinHee

 

I don’t care. - Mark says expressionless.

 

Yeah yeah whatever Mr. Cold Guy. Okay right when we get our schedules meet by the stairs on the first floor, alright? - MinHee

 

Yup - Aeyoung

 

Mark puts his thumb up.

 

MinHee walks off to get her schedule with Mark and they separate. Aeyoung walks to her booth. Grabbing her schedule,  she waits by the stairs for MinHee and Mark.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

MinHee's POV

 

Almost out the door, MinHee is stopped when her mother calls her.

 

MinHee-ah! - Mom

 

Yes Omma!! - MinHee

 

Aren't you gonna eat some porridge before you leave, sweetie? - Mom

 

I already ate a banana. - MinHee

 

Fine, fine. Are you leaving now? - Mom

 

Yuuup. - MinHee

 

Wait for Mark! - Mom

 

Aissshh - Minhee sighed in disbelief. She always has to wait for Mark and he's so slow in the morning, which makes them miss the bus. They're rarely on time.

 

Let's goooo - Mark

 

Heeeey, look who's on time today. - MinHee

 

Shut up. - Mark

 

What's the reason? Huh? - MinHee

 

This is my last year dummy. Of course I'm gonna be on time for the first day. - Mark

 

Riiight - MinHee

 

The Tuan siblings hop onto the bus. They arrive at school and walk out together. Mark was about to separate from MinHee but Aeyoung suddenly pops up behind them, wrapping her arms around them both. They talk a little before they all separate to get their new schedules, MinHee having mixed emotions about this year.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

SunHi's POV

 

Yay! School is baaack!! Whoo! - SunHi screams excitedly probably waking up the whole apartment floor.  She picks up her dog, Lucy, and spins her around. Setting Lucy down, she quickly puts on the outfit she choose last night and runs downstairs. She grabs a pop tart and sticks it in then sits down on her couch. Checking the time, she bites the pop tart and goes to brush her teeth. Before leaving her cozy apartment, she slips on her shoes, gives Lucy one last hug, and shuts the door.

 

SunHi arrives at the front gates and spreads her arms wide open, embracing the happy feeling she  is having right now. People walking by give her strange looks but she doesn’t care. Opening her eyes and looking straight ahead, she sees Jungkook walking with his earphones on.

 

SunHi runs and jumps onto Jungkook's back, making him almost fall.

 

AHHHHH!!! - Jungkook

 

JUNGKOOK! - SunHi says giddily.

 

SunHi! You can't just jump on me like that! - Jungkook

 

Awww come on. Don't be like that best friend. - SunHi says while messing his hair.

 

I'll forgive you if you get off of me. - Jungkook

 

At least carry me to the entrance. Pleeaaase?? - SunHi says, begging.

 

Aish, fine. - Jungkook says while picking up SunHi a little more so she doesn't fall.

 

They walk to the entrance and SunHi jumps off.

 

Thank you very much Mr. Horsey. You get one carrot as pay. - SunHi says. She kisses the palm of her hand and slaps Jungkook's cheek.

 

Ow… - Jungkook whispers.

 

Meet me back at the stairs. I need another ride. - SunHi waves goodbye and skips off to get her schedule.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

RaeLin's POV

 

RaeLin wakes up from her nightmare. She had to dress girly for the rest of her high school life.

 

Oh wait. It's true. - RaeLin sighs deeply. For the past two years, she'd have to dress up like a girly girl instead of her normal tomboy-ish self. She hated being fake but what else could she do to fit in? It's definitely better than being bullied.

 

She sighs once again and gets up to put on her clothes. She grabs her skirt and throws it on in disgust. Putting on a sweater and some high knee socks, she treads downstairs. She says high to her mom and sister, and rolls her eyes at her brother.

 

Hey omma, where's appa? - RaeLin

 

Oh you know, out on business, like always. - Mom

 

Awww I wanted to see him before my first day. - RaeLin

 

Sorry honey, maybe next year. - Mom       

 

Okay. I'll be going now. Bye omma. - Raelin says while kissing her mom goodbye.

 

Bye Nairi. Bye stupid. - RaeLin

 

Hey when you come back I wanna know if you saw any cute boys, okay? - Nairi

 

Nairi!! - RaeLin says in embarrassment.

 

Hey I wanna know! - Nairi

 

No. Goodbye. - RaeLin

 

RaeLin leaves her house at arrives at the entrance later on. She meets up with her queenka "friends" and Jimin. She curses in her mind and instantly puts on her pissy mode.

 

O.M.G!!!! My main es! - RaeLin

 

Oh no you didn't. - Crystal

 

Did I stutter? Ha no. - RaeLin

 

Omg. This is why I love you. - Victoria

 

Hahaha yaaas - Luna

 

Let's go. - RaeLin

 

She lets them walk slightly ahead of her so she could mentally gag. She was about to catch up with them when she spotted Jimin. Before running to Jimin, she tells the girls that she'll see them later. Jimin was literally her only real friend.

 

Jimin! - RaeLin

 

Hey babe what's up? - Jimin

 

Stop. Please. I already gagged today. - RaeLin

 

Your "friends?" - Jimin says while doing bunny ears with his hands.

 

You have no idea. - RaeLin

 

They set off to get their schedules while talking about the queenkas.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Aeyoung's POV

 

*Hmm I wonder where's Mark?

 

Boo! - Mark jumps out and scares me.

 

You ing idiot don't do that to me! - I yelled and punched his arm.

 

Haha sorry. So who do you have? - Mark takes my paper.

 

Give me my paper back! - I tried to get it back but he's too tall.

 

Shorty. - Mark made fun of me.

 

I told you to never call me that! - She yelled and failed to get her paper back.

 

Lets see which classes we have together. - He moved the paper down

to her level. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Name: Kang Aeyoung          Birth: 05/12/99

Student ID#: 6917403         Grade: 11th

 

History - Mr. Kim SeokMin [Room 903]

Trigonometry - Mr. Kim JongDae [Room 162]

AP Chemistry - Mr. Lu Han [Room 818]

Japanese 3 - Mr. Wu YiFan [Room 310]

Hangul - Mr. Do Kyungsoo [Room 211]

Dance - Mr. Zhang Yxing [Room 915]

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Mark Tuan          Birth: 09/04/98

Student ID#: 6021583   Grade: 12th

 

AP Trigonometry - Mr. Byun Baekhyun [Room 163]

Physics - Mr. Kim Byung Joo [Room 821]

Japanese 3 - Mr. Wu YiFan [Room 310]

AP Hangul - Do Kyungsoo [Room 211]

Adv. Martial Arts - Kim Hansol [Room 910]

Dance - Mr. Zhang Yixing [Room 915]

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Really. - Aeyoung

 

I'm happy. Except that I have Trigonometry again. - Mark

 

How do you have Trigonometry again? - MinHee

 

I have to retake it. - Mark

 

Good job. - Aeyoung says while putting her thumbs up.

 

That is so like you. Why is it that we only have guy teachers? - I look down at the papers.

 

Remember. This used to be an all guys school with all guy teachers. Didn't I already tell you this? -  He took his paper.

 

Oh. Right. We have one class together. That's surprising, considering you're a senior - Aeyoung

 

Hey be happy we have that class or else we wouldn’t be seeing each other. - Mark

 

Yeah yeah. Don’t worry I'm happy. See? - Aeyoung says smiling sarcastically.

 

He pouted.

 

Pabo. - Mark

 

Ya! - Aeyoung

 

MinHee walks up to them waving her schedule in the air.

 

Guys! We only have one class together. - MinHee

 

At least it’s the best one. - Aeyoung

 

Martial arts is the best. - Mark

 

Okay well thank you Mark. That's all the time we have today. See ya next week! - Aeyoung says while running off.

 

Just kidding. - Aeyoung

 

She quickly turns around and runs back to Mark and MinHee, wrapping her arms around their necks once again. Mark messes her hair.

 

Mark! That's my hair! - I tried to get away but he's too strong.

 

See you later! - MinHee leaves to meet with Dk.

 

Bye! - Mark and Aeyoung

 

Haha your funny. He smiled.

 

How am I funny? You ruined my hair. - Aeyoung pouted.

 

I'll make it up to you for your hair. I'll buy your lunch for you. - He sighed.

 

She continued to pout.

 

Alright I'll also sit with you. Just for today. -  Mark gave in.

 

I'm not short! - Aeyoung tried to reach for her paper.

 

Shorty shorty haha! - Mark puts the paper close to her then brings it back up so she cant reach it.

 

Come on! You are almost there! - Mark continued to play around.

 

You're a child! - Aeyoung started to jump.

 

Oh now shorty's jumping. What a great show. - He teased.

 

Aeyoung jumped but didn't realize she jumped forward so as she was landing she landed on Mark.

 

Alright calm down shorty. I'll give you your paper back. I had my laugh. - He handed her the paper.

 

Sike! - He pulled it away again.

 

Mark! - Aeyoung yelled with a little touch of sadness. He then gives her back her paper and messes up her hair.

 

Ya! Come on lets go! - Aeyoung says grabbing his hand.

 

Why are you holding my hand? - Mark said acting like a little kid.

 

Because you will get lost and I don't want to be left alone. - Aeyoung says continuing to walk.

 

Aish. But people will get the wrong idea. - He said now acting like a normal teenager.

 

I don't care. We could always prove that it isn't true plus everyone knows to never date your best friend. - Aeyoung says still walking now side by side still holding his hand.

 

My hands are sweaty. - He removes his hand the Aeyoung wrap her arm around his neck, pull him down to her level and ruin his hair.

 

Hey! What the hell! - He escapes.

 

Uh huh now you know how I feel. - Aeyoung looked at him

 

You can be really annoying sometimes. - Mark fixes his hair.

 

So rude. - Aeyoung says. She hugs him before he enters his class room and waves goodbye. *Hmm. Small class.* She look through the door then walks to her class.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

MinHee's POV

 

*Where's Aeyoung? I'm all alone again.*

 

She finally spots Aeyoung and Mark walking towards her.

 

Lemme see your schedule. - Aeyoung

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Name: MinHee Tuan          Birth: 06/04/99

Student ID#: 6426553        Grade: 11th

 

AP Trignometry - Mr. Byun Baekhyun [Room 163]

History - Mr. Kim SeokMin [Room 903]

Japanese 3 - Wu YiFan [Room 310]

AP Hangul - Do Kyungsoo [Room 211]

Chemistry - Mr. Park Chanyeol [Room 817]

Dance - Mr. Zhang Yixing [Room 915]

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Really. - Aeyoung

 

I'm happy. Except that I have Trigonometry again. - Mark

 

How do you have Trigonometry again? - MinHee

 

I have to retake it. - Mark

 

Good job. - Aeyoung says while putting her thumbs up.

 

Guys we only have one class together! - MinHee

 

At least it’s the best one. - Aeyoung

 

Martial arts is the best. - Mark

 

Hey guys, have you seen Dk? - MinHee

 

Haven't seen him. - Mark

 

Who? - Aeyoung

 

Nevermind. - MinHee

 

MinHee spots Dk walking with Joshua. She runs over to Dk, waving godbye to Mark and Aeyoung.

 

Dk!! - MinHee yells excitedly.

 

MinHee-ah!! - Dk says while picking up MinHee and spinning her around. He sets her down and the high five.

 

Girlfriend? - Joshua asks.

 

NO. - MinHee and Dk instantly reply, a pink blush forming on their cheeks.

 

Best friend. - Dk

 

Ahhhh. Makes more sense. - Joshua

 

Lemme see your schedule. - MinHee

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Lee SeokMin       Birth: 02/18/99

Student ID#: 6736564    Grade: 11th

 

Hangul - Mr. Do Kyungsoo [Room 211]

History - Mr. Kim SeokMin [Room 903]

AP Trigonometry - Mr. Byun Baekhyun [Room 163]

Japanese 3 - Mr. Wu YiFan [Room 310]

Chemistry - Mr. Park Chanyeol [Room 817]

Dance - Mr. Zhang Yixing [Room 915

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey we have three classes together!! - MinHee

 

Awesome!! - Dk

 

They fist bump and make and explosion sound.

 

Looks like I only have ne class with the both of you. - Joshua

 

Really? - Dk and MinHee

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Hong Jisoo          Birth: 12/30/99

Student ID#:6547662    Grade: 11th

 

Hangul - Mr. Do Kyungsoo [Room 211]

AP Chemistry - Mr. Lu Han [Room 818]

AP History - Mr. Oh Sehun [ Room 412]

Chinese 2 - Mr. Choi Jun Hong [Room 316]

Trigonometry - Mr. Kim JongDae [Room 162]

Dance - Mr. Zhang Yixing [Room 915]

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Wow. Someone did this on purpose! - Dk

 

Like who? - MinHee

 

The principal. Duuh. - Dk

 

MinHee flicks his forehead and he cringes in pain.

 

Hey that actually hurt. - Dk

 

Sorry Oppa. - MinHee says pouting.

 

Let's go to class lovebirds. - Joshua

 

YA! - Dk and MinHee

 

They all go to their individual classes.

 

*I wonder what classes the others got? Oh well I guess I'll find out.

To Trigonometry!*

 

She walks down the hallway and sees Mark walk in the class she's

going to and sees a girl wave goodbye.

 

*That must be the girl he scared.*

 

She walks in and takes a seat. Sitting down while wating, she sees SunHi come in. She was about to go over to talk but she walks in with this guy. She sits back down in sadness and waits for class to begin.

 

Getting bored quickly, she decided to go on her phone for a while.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

SunHi's POV

 

SunHi stands by the stairs waiting for Jungkook. She gets impatient and starts screaming his name.

 

JEON JUNGKOOK - SunHi yells.

 

YOON SUNHI - Jungkook.

 

Jungkook walks to SunHi.

 

I have found my horsey! - SunHi

 

Yeah I'm here. - Jungkook

 

Can I have another ride Mr. Horsey? - SunHi

 

Horsey is on a tight schedule. But first he needs to see yours. - Jungkook

 

Here you go. - SunHi

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Name: Yoon Sunhi               Birth: 08/08/99

Student ID#: 6275642         Grade: 11th

 

AP Trigonometry - Mr. Byun Baekhyun [Room 163]

Hangul - Mr. Do Kyungsoo [Room 211]

AP Chemistry - Mr. Lu Han [Room 818]

Japanese 3 - Mr. Wu YiFan [Room 310]

AP History - Mr. Oh Sehun [ Room 412]

Dance - Mr. Zhang Yixing [Room 915]

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey I have 1st, 3rd, and 6th with you! See! - Jungkook shoved the

paper in my face.

 

Really! - SunHi

 

Yup. See. - Jungkook says while wiggling the paper.

 

Yeah I can see that. - SunHi

 

Good cause I'm not showing you again. - Jungkook

 

Now you definitely owe me a ride. - SunHi

 

After school. - Jungkook

 

Fwwwiineee - SunHi says while pouting.

 

Let's go to math before we're late. - Jungkook

 

Can I have a ride? - SunHi

 

NO. - Jungkook

 

They walk to class together arguing why he wouldn’t give her a ride.

 

Come sit with me. Jungkook picks two seats next to each other.

 

What if I don't want to? - SunHi challenged.

 

Then I'll just force you. -  Jungkook said.

 

You can't force me to sit next to you. I'm a mythical creature. - SunHi

 

Please. -  Jungkook pleaded in a very cute way.

 

*Aish! Jungkook!*

 

Pretty please with watermelon slices on top? - He pleaded once again.

 

I swear you are the death of me. - She finally decides to sit next to him and he gives her a hug.

 

You owe me. Again. - She crosses her arms.

 

Sure. What will it be? - He agreed.

 

Sit with me at lunch. - SunHi said turning to him.

 

Alright. Fine with me. - He shrugged then faced forward.

 

Yo, start a conversation with me. - She flashes a smile and he gives her his infamous bunny smile.

 

SunHi mimics him by copy his smile.

 

Hey I don’t look like that! - Jungkook

 

Yes you do. - SunHi

 

I don’t look that cute. - Jungkook

 

That's what you think. - SunHi

 

Aish. - Jungkook throws a pencil at her.

 

Where did that even come from?! - SunHi asked.

 

Back pocket. - He pulls out more pencils.

 

You are lucky I don't have any. - SunHi rubs her forehead.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

RaeLin's POV

 

Can we please avoid them for as long as possible? - RaeLin pleads.

 

Anything you want, princess. - Jimin says, winking after, making RaeLin pretend to throw up.

 
Dont Be like that - Jimin
 

Haha okay I'll be nice today. - RaeLin

 

Good girl now can I see your schedule? - Jimin

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Name: Kim RaeLin           Birth: 02/19/00

Student ID#: 6872243     Grade: 10th

 

Biology 2 - Mr. Moon JongUp [Room 808]

Geography - Kim Himchan [Room 914]

Hangul - Jung Daehyun [Room 207]

Chinese 2 - Mr. Choi Jun Hong [Room 316]

Geometry - Mr. Yoo Youngjae [Room 160]

Dance - Mr. Zhang Yixing [Room 915]

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Well we have one class together. - Jimin

 

Wow, really? I thought we would have zero. - RaeLin

 

Nope. I'm surprised too. We got dance. - Jimin

 

Yes!! Thank you Jesus! - RaeLin

 

We can be partners too. - Jimin

 

Ehh maybe.. - RaeLin

 

What? Why wouldn't we be?  Jimin

 

Mmmm…. - RaeLin

 

YA! - Jimin

 

Just kidding! - RaeLin

 

3….2….. - Jimin

 

RaeLin runs away and Jimin chases her. They run around till first period starts.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

No One's POV

 

The sound of the first bell rung and everyone seated. The first day on their very complicated life ahead of them has begun.