Gifted

Gifted

 

Yifan wasn't exactly sure when he had lost all of his team shirts to Chanyeol, but it did appear that every time he saw his boyfriend he was wearing one of shirts from Yifan's national team. Yifan didn't mind, it was y but at the same time, he did have to wear them when he was going to trials and games with the Chinese national team. He was a lacrosse player  and also worked in a small business as a very senior adviser. Chanyeol was just his boyfriend, long term. Yifan had a daughter from a previous relationship and the little girl adored Chanyeol. She'd look at him like he was the sun in her world. Yifan knew he was lucky to have such a great man in him and his daughter's life.

Chanyeol had - literally - crashed into his world, on a lacrosse field to take him out before he took a shot at the goal. Yifan wasn't really sure how they'd got from the shove to where they were now. Yifan had been the one who asked Chanyeol out and taken him on a nice date - and was then pleasantly surprised when Chanyeol was cool with the idea that Yifan had a little girl. Yifan came out into the living room where he found his daughter Lili drawing with Chanyeol at the coffee table. "Have you seen my practice shirt? I have to get going."

Chanyeol shook his head but got up, telling Lili to be good and finish her princess drawing as he walked through into their bedroom. "I'm pretty sure I washed it and put it back in the draw where you banished all your lacrosse things to when you got injured last year. Are you nervous about your first training session since you tore your ACL?" Chanyeol asked going through the wardrobe. "Did you pack your knee brace?" Chanyeol said as he opened up the second drawer looking for the shirt.

"Yeah, I packed it. Are you gonna be ok with Lili?"

"Yifan!" Chanyeol said looking at his boyfriend. "I work as a teacher of kids a little bit older than her and we're adopting a two year old and you're questioning if I'm going to be ok looking after one five year old. I've been living with you two for three years and you don't  trust me with her." Chanyeol said pouting before finding the shirt and throwing it at Yifan.

"Channie, you know what I mean, are you guys gonna be ok for two or more hours without me, for the first time in over a year." He said wrapping his arms around his boyfriend and giving him a gentle kiss. "I know you two are gonna be great, but I just wanna make sure you two are ok being alone."

"We're gonna be great, we're gonna draw more princesses and maybe if Lili's lucky we might just watch a princess movie." Chanyeol smiled at Yifan and then shook his head. "We're gonna be fine, just worrying about your knee while you're gone."

"The doctor said it would be fine." Yifan said quietly, "and I need to start training now to get back into the national team in time. It's not like my injury got me cut" He said quietly, Chanyeol just nodded. Chanyeol had been cut from the Korean national team shortly after he moved in with Yifan because he'd received an injury to his spine and they decided he'd never be fit enough to play internationally again. "I'm sorry"

"No, don't, I was the one who was riding the motorbike." Chanyeol said quietly, "and Lili needs me to be home anyway, it wouldn't be functional if we were both elite athletes, she needs a dad who's not on a meal plan." Chanyeol mumbled, "plus you're the one who lost out as my six pack isn't being maintained by me going swimming everyday. I still get a boyfriend with an amazing body." Chanyeol smirked a little before letting go of his boyfriend. "You're going to be late and I have princesses to draw."

Yifan walked out the room, shoving the shirt in his bag and going out to say bye to his daughter giving her a kiss and laughing when Chanyeol whined for a goodbye kiss too. He left and got in his car, as he was driving towards training he couldn't help but think about how lucky he was. He had the most supportive boyfriend in the whole world, and his daughter loved the man too. He was ready to be with Chanyeol for the rest of their lives and they'd put in an application to adopt a little boy. It was all so exciting, he had everything going for him and his family but lacrosse was still his whole life. He didn't know what he was if he wasn't playing lacrosse, Chanyeol had adapted to not being able to play again but when he was out for over a year he didn't know what to do with himself. He was just afraid of going to practice.

He came home and found the two most important people in his life asleep on the sofa. He moved to pick up Lili, smiling when she moved in her sleep to rest her head on him. He smiled, Chanyeol had got her in her pajamas and ready for bed before they'd fallen asleep. He tucked the little girl in and kissed her forehead, he looked up and saw Chanyeol in the doorway. He smiled and went with him to their bedroom, both of them stripping down to their boxers and getting into their bed. Chanyeol wrapped one leg around Yifan's waist and gave him a deep kiss. "I can feel how happy you are to be back playing." He mumbled. "We're seeing little Tao tomorrow, we're getting so close to bringing him home." He smiled as Yifan traced a finger down the scar on Chanyeol's back from his spinal surgery.

"Your back is doing ok right? I'm just worried about you picking up Tao again and hurting yourself."

"I want to be like other parents Yifan." Chanyeol said, Yifan was still tracing down his scar.

"You need to look after your back, you know you do. He weighs too much for you to carry him. I just don't want you getting yourself into a situation where you need more surgery." Yifan kissed Chanyeol gently, affectionately. "Lili's mom is going to pick her up at ten, and then we're going to see Tao. Next time we're going to bring Lili so she can meet her brother."

"You know her mom hates me." Chanyeol said looking at Yifan, "I picked up up after last weekend and she really hates me."

"She told me she likes you, because of how good you are with Lili. Remember the first time she met you."

"I was in your bed." Chanyeol looked at the other, "We hadn't even woken up, and she knocked and you just let her in!"

"I didn't let her walk into my bedroom, she wasn't taking no for an answer. And she happened to find my y boyfriend in the bed."

"We'd been drinking the night before, I looked a complete mess." Chanyeol whined a little. "Your ex saw me , she saw everything." He whined a little, "She hates me."

"Hey when you had just had your surgery she came over when I was at work and looked after Lili and you, she has some compassion for you." Yifan was still rubbing Chanyeol's back, he always did, it was his favourite thing to do. Sometimes he kissed over the scar, as if he could make it better. Yifan looked at the other. "Don't worry about her." He sighed a little, kissing him again. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said before snuggling into Yifan. Chanyeol sighed and then closed his eyes and kissed Yifan's neck gently. "I love you so much."

Yifan was the first to wake up, he got up and got dressed, he wanted to get everything ready for his ex's arrival to pick up Lili, he went into the little girl's room and gently shook her awake. He moved to pick her up and start getting her dressed. Gently brushing her hair and tying it up in cute bunches before making her breakfast. He smiled at her as she excitedly told him about her night with Chanyeol and how they watched a Barbie princess movie together. He laughed a little when she told him how she wanted to be a princess just like Barbie.

"I know baby, you're gonna be the best princess in the world." he said with a small laugh.

"My brother will be a prince right?"

"Yeah" Yifan smiled, "He's going to be a prince." Yifan smiled as his daughter ate her breakfast, he'd got so lucky in his life to have his family and he wouldn't change them for the world.