Sharpen Your Blades for the Officer

Sharpen Your Blades for the Officer

It was suppose to be a simple robbing before the police arrived and Jimin found himself holding a young officer hostage in one of Busan Bank's locations.

Jimin just wanted to affiliate himself with a gang that would protect him. In his neighborhood no affiliation meant being beaten by everyone; joining one of the gangs would at least mean a break from one of the many gangs that had their bases near his home. Luckily his muscled body and strong appearance won him a chance in the biggest of the gangs.

After an initiation tattoo (which was more painful that he would like to admit), constant training on how to fight with and without a weapon, and several harsh punishments, the only thing left to do was the initiation crime. Of course he wasn't alone in the beginning, but one gunfight later he was the only one still alive.

He had been smart enough to hide behind the counter and not come up until it was all over, although, he thought, that probably wouldn't earn him a lot of credit in the gang.

When the gun fight was finally over he could hear the rapid breathing of one of the officers. The officer groaned. The lights were off, the only light illuminating the scene was the outside lights from the police cars. There were bodies everywhere covered in gunshots and blood. 

Jimin took in a deep breath and sneaked his head over the counter, observing the fallen man. As soon as he saw him reaching for his radio Jimin pulled up his gun, shaking with his finger on the trigger and yelled.

"Don't move!" The fallen officer looked up at Jimin, he seemed surprised to see the boy.

"Put the gun down, boy." He said quietly, moving his hands up above his head.

"Who are you calling a boy!?" The officer didn't look much older than him if older than him at all.

"How old are you? 16?" The officer looked up at Jimin.

"I'm 20 you piece of ." Jimin walked towards the officer and pressed his gun against his forehead, "Now I suggest you shut your mouth before I blow your brains out." Jimin gulped and hoped the stereotypical movie quote would intimidate the guy underneath him.

The officer chuckled underneath Jimin. "We aren't that different after all."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Jimin pressed the gun harder against his head.

"I'm 20 as well." 

"So?" Now that Jimin looked at the officer closer he could tell he was also very young. His skin was clear and his hair still colored; he hadn't been through enough stress to start graying already. "Aren't you too young to be a police officer?"

"Are you too young to be a gangster?"

"Pst." Jimin stared down at the officer, trying to find out the best way to end this.

"What's your name?" The officer suddenly said.

"That's none of your damn business, now shut the up, I will pull the trigger if you don't."

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, officer in training. Kind of. You?"

"Jeon Jungkook." Jimin whispered under his breath. "I'm..." He looked around, remembering that he wasn't suppose to tell anyone his real name.

"Just Jimin." He finally responded. "Uh...Gangster in training I guess."

"Put the gun down, Jimin. We can work this out." Jungkook moved his hands from above his head.

"Don't move!" Jungkook stopped his movement, "Why? So you can arrest me and throw me into an cell to rot for the rest of my life?"

Jungkookd chuckled, "Let's just talk. I can help you get off with just a couple of months."

"Oh, yes, that sounds great! I have a better idea," Jimin took a step towards Jungkook, pushing him into the ground, "I could kill you right now and you won't say a word to anyone. That way I won't go to jail at all, isn't that great Officer Jungkook?" Jimin's hand shook and sweat slid down his forehead from the intensity of the situation.

Jungkook smirked, staring at Jimin. He reached out with his hand to Jimin's hand and placed his own over it. "If you're so sure you can do that why haven't you already?" He grabbed Jimin's gun and took it on his own hands as the other let go of it slowly.

"It's okay Jimin, I won't hurt you."

Jimin looked around the bank. Behind him all of the other members bled out on the floor, in front of him police officers laid on the polished rock, already dead.

Meanwhile Jungkook unloaded the gun and threw the cartage to the other side of the bank. He slowly stood up facing Jimin for the first time.

"I'm gonna call in reinforcements, okay?" Jungkook reached for the radio on his shoulder when he felt a sharp pain on his neck.

Jimin looked at him with a sadenned expression, a hint of panic reached his eyes. Jungkook's legs buckled under his weight. His hand held the wound that poured blood onto the floor but the energy drained from his body at an alarming speed.

"I'm so sorry." Tears fell down Jimin's eyes as he stared at the young officer quickly bleeding out on the floor.

He waited until his eyes shut and his skin turned pale, only tainted with his own blood on the outside.

Quickly Jimin ran to the leader of his group, who laid on to the floor, his body already cold and pale.

He took the bag where the money was suppose to go and ran behind thr counter. He filled the bag, avoiding the dye packs like he was taught, and ran away from the bloodbath.

 He would never forget the first time he killed a man.