The Perks (of Loving) Kris Wu

The Perks (of Loving) Kris Wu
 
Kris takes his time to warm himself up to others.
 
Some of his friends in class joked about him being the personification of winter. Though it was because he was quite weird in his own little way, flapping his hands and all. Nobody minded though, since Kris always did it whenever the class had to write. People just let him mind his own way, not once have they wondered why he was like that. To be honest, his rather warm personality made up for his weirdness. Once you get to know him, he shows a whole different light. Full of friendly, gentle compassion that you could see in someone and he cares. Like, he cares so much for the well being of his friends and family. 
 
Not too long ago, he met with Park Chanyeol. 
 
Chanyeol liked Kris. Like, like like and it was driving him insane that Kris was sometimes oblivious. Well, he thinks that Kris is oblivious. He was trying so hard, but if only he knew all it took was to say 'I Love You' towards Kris' own face. Everyday, Chanyeol sits next to Kris at the same spot during lunch period. They were always in class during lunch, since Kris disliked the noisy cafeteria. Sometimes, they were both silent with only passing notes back and forth to talk. Kris seemed to be more comfortable using this method to talk. 
 
Chanyeol just went along with it, not wanting to spoil their friendship. 
 
Among the rest of the class, Chanyeol and Kris were almost inseparable. People were already getting the hint that Chanyeol wanted Kris' heart so much. It was funny to watch Chanyeol try so hard. Yet, people were willing to help him try to win Kris over.
 
Latest, by graduation.
 
Oh he was so not going to let go. At least if he could say he loves him. Chanyeol was desperate, now that he only needed to just confess and that would end. It would be all over and Chanyeol could move on from his high school crush. It sometimes sickens him, how lovey-dovey he becomes around Kris. The taller boy never commented about how loud or brash he was, as if he was free to be himself. Chanyeol felt he never had to control himself. He often got into trouble for mindless babbling during class. Kris didn't mind him rambling about things or making strange noises. Yet, he questions why Kris was okay with him being noisy and not with a noisy crowd. 
 
Kris likes quiet, but he detested the silence of being lonely. He fears that people would avoid him for doing his weird gestures and giggling. There was nothing wrong with it, he just needed to move so he wouldn't feel so restless. It wasn't so bad now, but it took him years to control how much he can move to rid of being restless. Kris knows himself better than anyone and would try to improve himself again. Countless of times. 
 
Again. Over and over, stuck on replay.
 
Kris was glad to meet Chanyeol. He was so happy that there was someone who was weird and well, perfect to him in every way. Kris loved him. He loved him so much that he was okay with Chanyeol being noisy next to him. Something that never happened before, where everyone else had to be soft. It was to avoid him getting some form of sensory overload from too much noise. At least the people he knew weren't balloons. 
 
Kris knew about Chanyeol's crush. He wondered if Chanyeol ever thought about just being straightforward about it. Like wouldn't it just save him time to say it out? Unless, there was something more that Chanyeol wanted to do when he confessed? In that case, Kris had an idea what to surprise Chanyeol then. 
 
Graduation was in a week. 
 
---
 
Chanyeol noticed that in a week, Kris had been doing nothing but fold those mini stars. Despite having long, clumsy fingers, Kris seemed determined to fold so many between classes. It was hell, Chanyeol found it hard to talk to Kris during lunch when he was still folding them. He wondered what was so important that made Kris do nothing but fold paper stars. Moreover, quite impressive he could multi-task homework along the way too. 
 
Over time, it got harder to hang out with Kris. Chanyeol thought he wanted to be alone so he went off and did other things. Maybe he should impress Kris with something. Since Kris loved stars so much, he should keep it in mind to get him the stars in the sky. Maybe he could confess to him on graduation day.
 
Of course that afternoon when Chanyeol walked home from school, he noticed something in a store. On display was a beautiful painting of a galaxy that was in purples and blues, with the whites showing various stars in its nebula. 
 
Perfect. Chanyeol thought. Perfect.
 
---
 
The day was nearly over, the new graduates of the school all rushed to exchange contacts. Some cried while others congratulated one another for making it out. Among the celebration, Kris finds a post it note on his desk. 
 
Meet me on the rooftop. It's not noisy there. - Channie :D
 
Kris could only smile, grabbing his bag and peeking into it. Inside was a jar of paper stars, in different colours and sizes. He hopes Chanyeol likes it, he spent the whole week folding them and risked having Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Even his hands ache thinking about it, all his hard work going to waste if Chanyeol doesn't like it at all. Quickly, he left the classroom and made his way up the stairs to the rooftop.  
 
Kris was surprised to find Chanyeol awkwardly hiding something small and rectangular behind his back. Interesting. What could Chanyeol be hiding from him? It looked like a painting of sorts.
 
"Hi." 
 
"Hello."
 
Silence. Chanyeol gulped, attempting to speak first. "Well, I...I kinda asked you to come here because...well..." He gulped, trailing off his sentence while looking away. "Well I really...I do really, well I...Well you know..." He feels ashamed struggling to confess his feelings. Chanyeol could feel tears b his eyes out of shame, making him curse himself. 
 
"I know," Kris assured him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I love you too, you dumb puppy." 
 
At that moment, Chanyeol lets his tears flow free. "I...I got this for you," He sniffed, revealing the small portrait of a galaxy. "I hope you l-like it.." He mumbled, lowering his head. Chanyeol could only hear Kris chuckle. 
 
"It's beautiful. Puts mine to shame..."
 
At that moment, Chanyeol looks up to see Kris holding a jar full of colourful paper stars. It all came back to him, Kris made those stars for him to admire. Something to remember during his old days, looking back into his past. He started to wail really, really loudly which immediately made Kris put the jar down to hug and comfort him. 
 

Oh the perks of loving Kris Wu.