You Win My Heart

He's Got Me Twisted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark POV:

It's almost past 12 am, and I just got out from my flower shop. I can't believe people are still wide awake at this time. I decided to pass by the grocery store on my way home to buy some groceries. I locked my flower shop and began to walk. My life goes on like this every single day. I wake up in the morning, go to work, come back home, eat, then sleep. I'm actually up for a miracle to happen. But I guess that's impossible. My cousin, Mia, comes to my place often for a visit. She knows how my life is always like this. She may be really young for her age, but she knows the best ways to make me feel better. I picked up some snacks and went to the counter to pay. I got out and passed by an alley. "Again.." I told myself. If only there were other routes I can find to get home, I'd really go for that. I always get this very uncomfortable feeling..and the worst part is, I always have to pass by here, and idiots will just do reckless things. I believe they are more than idiots. I began to brisk walk. As much as how weird it looks, it's safer. I didn't want to get caught up by something or someone.. I bet those bastards are kicking butts. Not that I give any about it. I continued to stroll, but something caught my attention. It was a young man, sitting. But he wasn't just sitting down, he was panting. His head was against the wall, and his hand was placed on his stomach, It looks like he's hurt, badly hurt. I ran to him and tried to ask if he was okay. His face was bruised. It looked like he just got beated up. "Hey, are you alright??" I asked, while trying to keep him up. He couldn't answer. He was dozed off, and he's going to pass out any moment now. I had to do something. I didn't want to leave this poor guy alone..especially not beside an alley. I might not see him the next day if I leave him here. "Hey, hey..!!" I panicked. The young man passed out, and his body fell on my arms. I called a taxi, the driver helped me carry him up to the back seat. I sat with him and carefully placed his head on my lap. He was sweating. I told the taxi driver to hurry up. I started petting his head. This poor guy..

When we reached my apartment, I took him for a piggyback. My groceries were on the hands of the driver. We carefully walked up the stairs to my room. He is quite heavy, but it ain't that bad. Who could have done this to him? But to be honest, I don't even know this guy, and yet I feel so attached to him. But I better stop. No one'll ever know if this guy's a spy or someone who wants to run off with my stuff. But that's not the point right now. He's badly hurt and my task is to patch him up. Finally, we reached the front door of my room. The old man clears his throat. I knew he was waiting for the money. "Oh um..yes, I'm sorry. Here, take it. Keep the change." I smiled. "Thank you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter