Chapter 1

Foolin' Around

 

 

It was cold afternoon and you were busy dancing at one of the studios. You were tired and sweaty but you didn’t care. You just want to forget what happened a few days ago.

/Flashback.

It was Saturday. You were getting ready for a date with your boyfriend when your phone started vibrating. You got a text message from Hoya and Hyosun. You checked Hoya’s message first.

‘Hey baby! Sorry but I think we have to cancel today’s date. I won’t be able to make it since Sungyeol and the guys took me somewhere. They wouldn’t let me go. I’ll make it up to you some other time, okay? I love you! ♥’

- Hoya.

‘A canceled date again?’ you thought. It wasn’t the first time this happened but you understand you really can’t tie him down. He needs time with his friends which is why you just let it go. You checked Hyosun’s message next.

‘Chingu! We’re going out tonight! Come with us because we miss you so much! We’ll be mad at you if you won’t come with us this time, arasseo?! Let’s meet in front of the café near Jiyoung’s house at 7 pm! See you!’

- Sunny.

‘Looks like I won’t be spending a Saturday night alone,’ you thought. It was only 5 pm and so you were able to get ready. Knowing these girls, you would definitely go to a place where you’ll just spend the night chatting, dancing and laughing with one another, not really minding the guys coming over asking for your names and numbers. By 7 pm, you saw them. They saw you and waved happily, you smiled back and hurriedly came over to where they are.

“Yah! We missed you!” Sunny said, hugging you with Hyosun and Jiyoung.

“Yeah! I missed you too! I can’t breathe! Girls!” you said, gasping for air.

“Oh, sorry!” Jiyoung said.

“So where do we go?” Hyosun said.

“Oh! I know this place! It just opened yesterday and it was quite the talk of the town when it opened. Let’s go!” Sunny said.

You guys got a taxi and headed to the place Sunny was talking about. It was bar which opened just over a week ago and it was flooded with people. But still, you and the girls liked the atmosphere of the place, even though you felt something was going to happen. Luckily, Hyosun were able to find the perfect table for you four. You ordered drinks and started catching up with one another. Sunny went somewhere and when she came back he told you and the girls that a guy came over to her and asked for her number and in turn, gave her his number too. She said that the guy’s name was Hoya. You were feeling uneasy upon hearing your boyfriend’s name and so you asked her if she can point out to you the guy. It wasn’t that hard finding him and you were shocked and enraged when you saw it was really him. You came over to your boyfriend with Sunny the paper that Hoya gave to Sunny. You threw it at his face and panic was clearly in his eyes.

“Yah! So this is what you’re doing? Fooling around with girls when you cancel our dates? How can you do this to me and my friend? Why can’t it be another girl instead?” you said, angrily.

“No, please. Let me explain--,” he said but you cutted him off.

“No, Hoya. I don’t want to hear those right now. Save it. Seeing it with my eyes is enough. I’m out of here. Enjoy the night with your girls,” you said, storming off.

Sunny was following you but you told her you want to be alone. You told her to apologize for you to the girls since you can’t stay that long and for ruining the night. You got a taxi and as soon as you were inside, you broked down. That night, you’ve been receiving a lot of messages and calls from Hoya but you just turned your phone off. You don’t want him to see nor talk to him. You needed time to think and to figure out what you’re going to do next.

/End of flashback.

At around 6 pm, you saw someone coming in at the back door of the room. You immediately stopped and just looked at him.

“Still busy practicing? How are you?” the person said.

“What are you doing here?” you asked instead of anwering his question back.

“Look. Let me explain, okay?” He asked coming closer and looking right through your eyes using the glass mirror.

“No, I don’t want to hear them.”

 “Fine then. Let me show you instead.”

“No. Why can’t-----”

This time, he cutted your what you were about to say when he placed his index finger on your lips, while shaking his head.

“Watch me,” he said.

He took out his iPod with its speakers and played Usher’s “Foolin’ Around”. He started dancing. As you were watching him, it felt like he was apologizing and explaining himself to you through his dance moves. Everything that happened between you two until that night came back to you.

And its killin me girl that u have to live with this
Live with the lies i tell
Live with the pain u feel
Knowing the man u love is fooling around
Oh baby said its killin me girl
Said i just dont understand
Why u wanna be with this kind of man oh ho
Why would u love a fool with all the things i do
I know its hard for you
Hard for you to live with him

With the last verse of the song, tears started forming in your eyes and you couldn’t help not cry. When it was over, he came over and your cheek, wiping away your tears.

“I’m sorry,” he said while hugging you tight as if he wouldn’t want to let you go.