I Want to Drive with You

I Want to Drive with You

“I think I’m dying!” Junmyeon yelled out as he clamped hands over his mouth and jumped out the car as Yixing followed.

Junmyeon released his bodily fluids on the mountain side as Yixing rubbed his back.

“Hyung, sorry. I’ll try to drive better.” Yixing said with total remorse. “I didn’t know you’re motion sickness was that bad.”

“It’s okay, how much longer?” He said as he looked up towards the endless amount of mountains. “Five hours.” Yixing answered.

“Oh god.” Junmyeon said and continued his eruption.

 

                                                                      ~Earlier that day~

“Junmyeon, let’s take a trip.” Yixing called to Junmyeon. “Where?” Junmyeon asked.

“I was thinking the mountains. But, your motion sickness. Is it bad?”

“It’s okay, as long as you drive.”

“Really? It’ll take seven hours though.”

“Yes, it’s not that bad.”

“Yes! We will leave today!” Yixing shouted as he dragged Junmyeon off to their shared bedroom.

“I found a cabin and it’ll be great, we can stay for a week. I’ll pay.” Yixing said with a smile showing off his dimples while putting Junmyeon down once them reached their bedroom.

“Oh, showing money. Mr. Big bucks.” Junmyeon joked as he pulled a suitcase from the closet.

He started pulling clothes from all drawers and closets too while Yixing just sat on the bed watching his boyfriend.

“Help me?” Junmyeon asked as he found himself in the middle of a pile of clothes. “Nah, I’m good.” Yixing responded as he laid himself on the bed.

“Oh well, no trip then.” Junmyeon said but then Yixing sprung off the bed onto the floor to join the other in packing for their trip.

“This, this, this, and this.” Yixing said as he threw things into the suitcase. “No, no, no, and no.” The other said as he took the clothes back out. “Why not?” Yixing pouted. “Because you’ll look like the challenger exploded all over your wardrobe and I’m not walking around with that.”

“Sorry.” Yixing said as he found a comfortable spot on the floor and picked out new outfits.

Once they finished, Junmyeon suggested they take a shower. Together. Yixing, of course, was all for it.

They were undressed and in the shower in less than five minutes.

The two were just washing normal when Yixing slapped Junmyeon’s right cheek, leaving a bright red hand mark, and acted like nothing happened. Junmyeon knows how to play and took out the big guns.

Junmyeon grabbed Yixings so tight that he was forced into an automatic kneel. “Apologize.” “I’m so so so sorry, hyung.” Yixing said out as he mustered his best smile. “You are forgiven.” Junmyeon said as he gave him a quick peck on the lips and resumed his washing. Yixing just crawled to the other end of the shower and curled into a ball.

Once they finished washing, Junmyeon packed some food in a cooler while Yixing packed the car. Once done with that, they climbed in and began their trip to the mountains. Or as Junmyeon says it, the ‘Hell Ride to Hell’.

 

At around an hour, they began entering the mountains. At around an hour and 30 minutes, Junmyeon loses it.

“Oh no, Oh my god.” Junmyeon says as he grips the seatbelt. “Pullover.” Junmyeon says that’s almost a whisper.

“What?” Yixing said as he turned down the music. Junmyeon could feel it rising in his body.

“Pullover.” He tried again but it was just a strained sound. “I’m sorry what?”

“PULLOVER THE DAMN CAR!” Yixing the brakes so hard that both of them flew forward only to be saved by the seatbelt. Junmyeon jumped out the car and threw up. Yixing followed behind him.

“Junmyeon, can you make it? Should we turn back?” Yixing said trying to hide his disappointment.

“No, it’s okay.” Junmyeon said as he wiped his mouth. “Give me water and I’ll just go to sleep.”

Yixing nodded in agreement and they climbed back in the car. They didn’t drive with music anymore.      

At around two hours, the sound of screeching tires followed by an “I think I’m dying!” could be heard in the mountains.

“What the is that?” Yixing said looking at Junmyeon’s throw up. “Not sure but I don’t think this is working. How much longer?”

“Five hours.” Junmyeon threw up once again.

The drove once again and Yixing was starting to lose it himself. Junmyeon was digging his nails into Yixing’s arm every time he felt something and Yixing felt as though he was dying. “Yixing, tell me something funny.” “I don’t know any jokes.” “Do you want me throwing up again?” Junmyeon spat as he drank some water.

“Remember when you said you wanted to break up and I chased you to the Han River and you pushed me but I dodged and you fell in and almost drowned and I had to save you.”

“Oh my god, I hate you.” “I remember it clearly.” Yixing said chuckling. “Save me Yixing! I forgive you just save me! You’re so lucky I was a swim coach.” Yixing said as he burst into laughter.

“Whatever.” Junmyeon said as he looked out the window. “How about when you confessed your love for me with a dance and you tripped on your shoelace and fell on the trashcan. You twisted ankle and I had to drive you to the doctor. You were crying like a baby! HAHA!” Junmyeon yelled out as uncontrolled laughter filled the car. “Okay, yeah. I get it.”

Before they knew it, an hour had passed and Junmyeon didn’t throw up. But he had to do something else.

“Pullover the car.” Yixing did so immediately not wanting to drive with throw up smell.

As Junmyeon got out, Yixing followed. “Whoa, what are you doing?” “I was going to rub your back.” Yixing said with confusion.

“No I’m not throwing up.” “Then what’s wrong.” “I have to pee now go away.” “Oh, I’m good. I can watch.” Yixing said as he waited patiently.

“No. Go wait in the car so I can pee. I’m really need to so leave me be.” “Nah, I’ll-“

“I SWEAR TO GOD ZHANG YIXING IF YOU DON’T WALK AWAY RIGHT NOW!” At that, Yixing sprinted away. He had an idea at what would happen.

Junmyeon did his business and they were on the road again. Another hour passed and with only four hours left, Junmyeon felt he could make it. He would’ve but they arrived into jagged mountains and the nausea returned. He did his best to breathe in and out while drinking water but that barely did anything.

“Ugh~” He groaned out as he felt dizzy and lightheaded. Yixing noticed this and asked if the older was okay to which he answered, “On the verge of death but I’m doing peachy.” In a sarcastic tone. He gripped onto the seat and tried to calm his mind as he tried to not think about, “Hey, don’t throw up okay?” Oh no, here it comes.

His hands once again found themselves over his mouth as he gagged trying to hold it all in. At this point on the mountain, Yixing couldn’t pullover unless he wanted to kill them both so he tried his best to reach back and grab a plastic bag but Junmyeon’s gags were getting louder and he wasn’t sure if he could make it.

He placed his own hand along with Junmyeon’s two on his mouth and used his other as he stopped the car and unbuckled so he could grab the bag. Finally doing so, Junmyeon was about to give in when Yixing put one hand on Junmyeon’s head and the other on the bag. Junmyeon released into the bag and Yixing tied knot and discarded it.

Yixing got back in the car and started it up again. They drove in silence for a while until Junmyeon spoke up.

“Sorry.”

“It’s fine.”

“But you look mad.”

“No, because I saved you. If I didn’t I would be pissed. But I’m not.”

“Yay, I guess. I thought I could survive for eight hours. Ugh, eight hours.”

“We have three hours and fifteen minutes left. Yay, progress.” Yixing said as he raised a hand in the air.

Junmyeon laughed and the car slowly filled with chatter once again.

An hour passed and Junmyeon felt less nauseous. He actually started seeing the light in the whole trip and didn’t think this would be so bad. Well, it didn’t seem bad until it became dark out and it just so happened it was full moon and Junmyeon claimed he was hearing things.

“I hear something.”

“The wind.”

“No. It’s a something and it might eat us.” Yixing laughed.

“I’ll protect you. If it eats you, I’ll pull you out. If it eats me, I’ll emerge out of it.”

“What do you think this is? Attack on Titan? You can’t just emerge out of it.”

“Then I guess I can’t protect you. Oh, what will you do?” Yixing joked.

“Don’t say that. I would be-“Junmyeon was interrupted by the sound of howling.

One…two…three times.

“Oh my god. Wolves. We’re going to die. I can’t believe it. All because you wanted to take a stupid trip to the mountains.” Junmyeon cried out as he hit Yixing.

“Hey, don’t distract the driver. Its pitch black out and all I have is the head lights.” Yixing said as he steadied the car out. He could hear the crunch of the leaves underneath the tires.

“Junmyeon, we have two hours and five minutes left, hold it in. Hold it all in. Go to sleep. I wish I could sleep but I can’t. Be happy.”  Yixing said as he stared ahead at the road.

“Okay, I’ll try.” Junmyeon responded as he reclined his chair back and closed his eyes. He tossed and turned before stopping and relaxing into one spot.

He stayed like that for about eight minutes before he decided he couldn’t sleep.

“Yixing.” No answer. “Lay~” Junmyeon tried again using Yixing’s nickname. “Fine, don’t answer.”

He did the same thing again three minutes later and Yixing was on the verge of losing all sanity. When Junmyeon tried the same thing for a third time, Yixing lost it. He stopped the car and turned towards Junmyeon as the other held a shocked expression.

“Look, I love you to death and this is our first trip together for more than two hours but I’m going insane. Looking ahead of myself all day is making me cross eyed. I’m really tired and my fingers are cramping up. My back is killing me and I think I smell like throw up. I’m losing my mind and you are not helping. So please~ go to sleep.” Yixing said I he put the car back into drive and continued driving.

 

“Sorry.”

“I’m sorry too.”

“Don’t be. I was being annoying. Sorry I didn’t realize it sooner.”

“It’s okay. Give me a kiss and I’ll forget about everything.” He pointed towards his cheek but Junmyeon grabbed his chin and moved his head into a kiss. It lasted for five seconds but Junmyeon pulled away as he said, “Look ahead, and don’t kill me.” With a laugh.

At one hour and thirty minutes to go, Yixing felt totally recharged after his kiss with Junmyeon. He fingers felt lighter and he no longer had back pain. Junmyeon was his Advil. Junmyeon had finally fallen asleep and even though he asked for it, Yixing felt like the silence was ripping into his soul.

“Junmyeon~” No answer. “Suho~” He tried using their nicknames for each other.  Still no answer. “Don’t answer, then.” He said and soon realized he was doing the same Junmyeon had did and how easily it happens. He realized he never really put back on the radio and did so at that moment.

Once he turned it on, he heard the familiar “Neomu areumdaun-daun-daun-daun view~” but then changed the station to a song that was just starting.

Take your time
Waenji dugeundaeneun bamiya (Na Na Na Na x2)

So tonight
Dal kkeutkkaji dallyeogabolkka (Yea Yea Yea Yea x2)

“Woo~” Yixing said out loud as he turned up the volume and prepared himself to be slayed by Exo’s vocals.

Once the song was over, another one filled its place.

pisbit seorin bam 2:00 AM
Gonna be stronger
pandanui yeoyureul ilheosseo
Every night
Please girl Don’t stop it

 michyeobeorin ne ape seon
nae gamjeongi bokjaphae So
eojji hal suga eopsneun destiny
neoramyeon eotteohge hagesseo
Wally What shall you do

Yixing turned up the volume even more as he heard History’s “Ghost” float through the speakers. He didn’t realize how loud he was getting until he heard Junmyeon mutter a, “Turn it off” and Yixing did so immediately.

As Yixing was turning up to music, an hour passed and they were soon to reach their destination so Yixing decided to wake up the one sleeping beside him. It take much, just a simple tug of the ear and the other was up swatting away the hand that disturbed him.

They were soon pulling up in front of a cabin with a curved roof that was made of log and everything was made of, well, log. The cabin was pretty small because they only needed on bedroom and one bathroom for the two of them. Even though the quantity was small the quality sure wasn’t lacking.

The inside had a beautiful stone fireplace with a two beige sofas that held brown and beige pillows. The kitchen had a stone counter on top that was smoothed wood and the refrigerator looked like it could hold food for the whole year. The bedroom was beautiful. The comforter had a swirled pattern with a light brown as its background. There was a TV across from the bed and one above.

As Junmyeon wandered around, he found that Yixing had gone missing. He looked around and saw him asleep on the couch with all the luggage cluttered around him. Junmyeon dragged the sleeping to the bedroom and laid him down. Junmyeon untucked the covers and slid himself as well as Yixing under the covers and snuggled up beside him feeling his warmth. They had a long journey and a terrible one for Junmyeon and his motion sickness but they got here.

“Yixing, no matter where, I want to drive with only you.” Junmyeon whispered as he eyes fluttered shut and he fell asleep.

 

 

 

A/N It is completed. I think I have more fun writing one shots than chapters but I enjoy both. Sulay is one of my most liked ships but they don’t get a lot of attention. A one shot of Sulay. And I did advertise those songs a bit and mostly History. You guys should check out History and their album and new MV are amazing. I’ll continue to update and enjoy more one shots from me!