Final

Sleeping on the Job

                Waking up at six in the morning will never be fun. Ever.

            And the saddest part of it is that it wasn’t even voluntary. I have my alarm set for seven o’clock every morning, but I never wake up to it. I wake up six in the morning for no apparent reason.

            Now any smart person would suggest I go to sleep earlier, but being the stupid person I am, I don’t follow that rule. Going to sleep at twelve is healthy right?

            For the first couple of days I functioned okay, nothing a cup of tea couldn’t fix. But my lack of sleep was going to catch up to me, in the worst way possible.

 


 

            I knew that morning that it was going to be a sleepy day. I was sure I could hold out until I came home, but I was already yawning every two minutes during breakfast. I wasn’t going to miss work because I was sleepy; there was no way, so I made my way into the office building.

            I should probably mention the cubicles are grouped into fours, I happened to share mine with Luna, a fellow female who was extremely hard working, but liked her fun as well, her workspace was directly diagonal from mine. Across from me was Baekhyun, he was extremely silly, and liked to take frequent breaks. But it didn’t matter because he was the one of the best employees in our company, so our boss let him get away with it. Finally beside me was the resident prankster.

            I suppose I should explain more about him.

            First, he was a genius. He was ridiculously good at what he does, and I’m pretty sure boss pays him double what I’m getting. But I can’t really blame him, with the amount of money he reels in; I’m surprised he hadn’t been promoted.

            Second, he was the prankster. He loved pulling pranks, anywhere, anytime, and on anyone. The only reason he wasn’t fired was because of the first point. Some stupid pranks he had pulled include, switching everyone’s name plate to the wrong cubicle, superglueing people’s chairs to the ground, gluing mice to the table, injecting hot sauce into the break room’s muffins, and last but not least, stealing all the toilet paper in the building, including the female bathrooms (I cannot fathom what possessed him to do that). He especially enjoyed victimizing me, I don’t know how many mice, chairs, pens, keyboards, I had gotten replaced because he tampered with them.

            Finally third, I may, or may not have a tiny, miniscule, almost non-existent, crush on him. Although he did like pulling pranks and embarrassing the heck out of everyone, he was a true gentleman. He was always extremely perceptive of others, he’s that person to go out and buy you a cup of coffee if he saw you looked tired, or stick a smiley face sticker onto your computer monitor if you looked down. (They were a pain to get off though, but hey, it’s the thought that counts.) And that was probably why I may have developed that tiny crush. Tiny.

            I should probably also mention his name is Kim Jongdae, but he liked to be called Chen. Why? I have no idea.

            When I checked into the building, I hurried to my seat and booted my computer on. I could feel my eyes starting to close as I waited for the computer to start.

            “Good morning!” Chen chirped, too bright and cheery, as he peered over the low wall that separated us.

            I almost fell of my chair, I was halfway asleep when he startled me, “Morning,” I mumbled tiredly, not looking at him.

            “You seem a little fatigued,” he commented, and if I wasn’t so sleepy, I would’ve seen the devious grin blooming on his face.

            “Yeah,” I yawned, “A little.”

            “Try not to fall asleep,” Chen snickered before ducking down and disappearing from my cubicle.

 


 

            I lasted until lunch.

            But come afternoon, I was dead beat. I slumped in my seat and was asleep in, three, two, and one.

 


 

             I was sleep at this point of course, but this is what I imagine happened.

            Chen peeked into my cubicle for the umpteenth time checking if I had fallen asleep yet. When he saw that I had, he ran excitedly into Baekhyun’s workspace informing him that I was finally asleep. They then cackled as quietly as possible thinking about all the evil things they will do.

              Now, Luna could hear them silently plotting, so she catches them red handed in plotting my demise. But the other two were surprised to learn instead of turning them in, she was in the prank. (Curse my life.)

              The three then started gathering supplies, glue, cornstarch, glitter, whipped cream, markers, anything they could get their hands on. And while they were gathering the supplies, they amassed a small army that was set on pranking me. (What did I ever do to these people?)

 


 

               I was deeply asleep when the sound of an air horn blaring as loud as possible woke me. I flailed around before rubbing my eyes, but only to see that there were drawings on my hand. A badly drawn, vulgar, depiction of a meat sausage dominated my right hand. But before I could yell, there was a strange sensation of something, not exactly liquid, but not solid sliding down my back. I reach my hand (the one with a huge, ahem) to feel what it was. I encounter a squishy blob and when I jump up in surprise and disgust, I was drenched. I felt like it was an entire can of paint was dumped over my head. Neon green paint, to be specific. The horrible chemical smell was the only thing I could focus on before there was a little poof, and from what I could see, an atrocious amount of glitter was sprinkled over my bright green body.

                I look around in shock to see the almost the entire floor of employees looking at me in glee, laughing.

                “YOU JUST GOT PRANKED,” Chen, the culprit yelled in joy, “BY CHEN!”

                And if that wasn’t enough, he shook a can of whipped cream and put a generous dollop onto my head before placing a cherry on it.

                I’m pretty sure I stood there seething for a good twenty seconds before I yell, “ARE YOU SERIOUS?!”

                “Come on,” Chen grinned still happy with his prank, “It’s just a joke.”

                 “Well, it’s not a joke when you draw a gigantic on my hand, in Sharpie no less, cover me with green paint that I will never get off, not to mention completely saturated my hair in that stuff. And my clothes are probably all going to the garbage, and the smell will never come off of me. Last but not least, I will probably be a glitter fairy for the next week!”

                   There was a silence before someone whispered, “At least she hasn’t seen her face yet.”

                    I scan the crowd to see Baekhyun whispering to Luna.

                    I pin my glare on Chen, “I SWEAR I WILL EXTERMINATE YOUR VEXING EXISTENCE FROM THIS WORLD,” I yell before storming to the bathroom, leaving a glorious trail of green paint mixed with glitter.

                     When I arrive at the bathroom, it was empty, which wasn’t surprising because everyone was busy pranking me. I started washing the green paint off of my face first, and when I got the layer off, I had a heart attack.

                     My face. My poor, poor face.

                     I wasn’t a vain person, but anyone who saw their face in this state will cry. They defaced my face. I had a gorgeous unibrow, cute Pikachu cheeks, and let’s not forget the wide range of bananas, and not the fruit, decorated my face. (In all colours and sizes.) The worst part? It was all in Sharpie.

                     I won’t lie, I started to tear up. What did I do to deserve this fate? I’m going to be wrapping up my face with a scarf even though it’s the middle of summer.

                    The door creaked open as I was scraping the paint off of my arms to reveal, lo behold, more ding-a-lings drawn in permanent marker. There was also a surprisingly well-drawn unicorn and a very detailed drawing of poop, it was complete with flies and everything.

                     “Sorry,” Chen mumbled sheepishly, looking guilty as I furiously scrubbed the paint off, but it was still staining my skin green.

                      I sighed, looking at the mess that I was in the mirror, “This was way out of hand.”

                      “I know,” he walked over, watching me continue to wash my arms, “I really am sorry.”

                       I turn the tap to shut it, and spun to face him, but before I could speak I watched as Chen struggled not to laugh at my face.

                       “That is it!” I stomp, “I hate you!”

                        When I turned to leave, Chen reached and grabs my wrist, spinning me back to face him.

                        “Okay,” Chen says, staring into my eyes, “I admit that I am a pretty y person. But this y person thinks you are absolutely adorable when you are upset, and finds you stunning even covered in paint, glitter and sausages.”

                         I’m pretty sure I turned bright red, but I think the green paint might have hidden that, “Well, you are a horrible person, but despite all the horrible things you have done, you still have your charms.”

                         Chen’s grin was so bright I struggled not to blink, “So, would you like to go on a date.”

                         “Sure, after all of this washes off,” I look at his expression that looked a little bit disappointed, “Which will probably take a month.”

                          “But,” I started, and Chen perked back up, “I can still give you a hug!”

                           A look of horror dawned on his face, but it was too late. I had given him a huge hug, covering his shirt in green paint and glitter.

                           But the upset expression turned into one of giddiness as I laced my fingers with his and pulled him out of the bathroom.

                           “That was a great confession by the way,” I , “Top notch. In the women’s bathroom right after you pulled the most horrible prank on the girl.”

                            He swings our hands in between us while answering, “But you still like me~”

                            I roll my eyes, “Wait, who drew all the sausages on me anyway? Real mature.”

                            "That,” Chen sniggered, “Was the job of our dear boss, $uho.”

                             I facepalmed.


DONE! Short fluffy Chen-shot.

Pretty much plot less LOL.

(#$uho)

*Searches for Chen fics*

Hope you liked it!

BAI!

(1.7k)