Blessed Disaster

Blessed Disaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as I entered the kitchen, I saw my wife cooking our breakfast with her hair tied up in a bun. She turned around and the kids automatically went down from me to embrace their mom.

 

"Mama! We successfully woke papa up!" Jirin and Jaehyun told their mom while Nayoung stayed in my arms.

 

"Wow! Really? Then as a promise, I made your favorite blue berry pancakes!" Those pancakes are their favorite, all three of them. If you want them to do something for you, use pancakes, it works all the time.

 

"Now, I need you two to sit down and wait for the food, alright?"

 

"No problem!" The boys said in unison.

 

"Good morning, honey." Chaerin greeted with a smile and a kiss before kissing our little girl on her forehead.

 

"Good job, Nayoung! Wait there with your brothers for the pancakes, ok?" Nayoung excitedly nodded and went down from me then she went to her own chair beside her brothers.

 

"They listen to you very well." I said to my wife then she looked at me oddly.

 

"Of course! I'm their mother. A child can't disobey their mother especially when you're the one who took care of them mostly." I laughed nervously at Chaerin while scratching my neck.

 

"Sorry, hunchae-ah. I promise you, I'll make it up for you, big time!" I embraced her tightly and kissed the crown on her head.

 

"It's alright. Now, I need you to take care of the kids while I'm away for the weekend." I nodded to her without thinking. Suddenly, I realized what she said.

 

"Wait? This whole weekend?!"

 

"Actually I got an additional weekend because of my work in Hawaii." I can't believe what I'm hearing right now.

 

"You're going away?! For days?!" I looked at her straight in her eyes, just to make sure if she's joking around or not.

 

"I'm serious, Ji. I need to go there because someone famous will have their photo shoot on the island also, the girls will be there and I don't want to miss the big opportunities for my magazine." Now I sense that she's dead serious about it and when she's serious about a thing, she'll really do it.

 

"Guess I can't stop you from going." I sighed desperately. She's never been away for a whole day because she doesn't really trust me with the kids.

 

"Don't worry, Jingyo. I trust you this time. You will have fun, I promise." She caressed my cheek and kissed my other cheek. There's nothing I can do about it so I nodded.

 

"Here's your coffee and the pancakes will be served in a minute. Sit there with the kids." I did what she said and sat with the somewhat hyper kids.

 

"What's happening, kids? Did something great happen?"

 

"Of course there is papa! Mom said that you promised her that you will bring us to the pool today!" Jirin explained while standing on his chair.

 

"She did?" I don't recall having such conversation with Chaerin.

 

"Yes, papa. Mama is going somewhere far for her work and mama told us that you promised to take us to the pool. Is that true, papa?" Nayoung looked at me with puppy dog eyes. I don't know what Chaerin said to them but I can't say no now.

 

"Y-yeah, that's true! Why would your MOM, lie to you." I emphasize mom to let Chaerin know what we were talking about

.

"Oh, is that the pool you're going?" Chaerin puts the plate with two pancakes in front of the kids and innocently smiled at me.

 

"Yes, mama! Papa will take us to the pool today." I laughed nervously at them and immediately tapping a reservation on my phone for four in one of the famous kiddie pool in Seoul.

 

"That's great then, there wouldn't be much people today." Chaerin now puts syrup on their plate before putting mine.

 

"Yeah, you're right." I sarcastically said and glared at Chaerin.

 

"I love you too, Jingyo!"  She did some aegyo while saying that she loves me. Of course I can't get angry with her if she acts so cute.

 

 

"What's done is done. Now, let's eat." As soon as I said that, they picked up their fork and start to eat the pancake that their mother made just for them.

 

Time never seems to be in my favor. Though, it's only been two and half hours since we had breakfast.

 

"Chaerin, hunchae-ah. Are you really going?" I pleaded while I helped her pack her things.

 

"Oppa, if I don't, then my magazine will only have the same topic over and over again until it won't sell anymore. And, I will be blaming you for the rest of my life."

 

"Sorry, honey. It's just that, it's not the same without you."

 

"Awwww. You will learn, Jingyo."

 

"You think so?"

 

"I know so. You’re a father, Ji. It will come out naturally." I finally gained confidence in taking care of the three. After Chaerin packed her clothes for another two and a half hours, Dara-noona picked her up with the other two girls. Chaerin kissed me and the kids’ goodbye before going inside the vehicle. The kids waved goodbye until the car was no here to be seen. I saw the kids' face and immediately went down to their level.

 

"Hey kids. Let's pack up! The early we go, the more time you'll get to play." I examined their faces and they quickly changed their expression from sad to excite. They jumped around and hurriedly run inside the house.

 

"Papa?" I saw Nayoung tugging my shirt, so I picked her up and walked inside the house with her.

 

"Can you help me pack? Mama always packs my thing, that’s why I don't know how to." I chuckled at how Chaerin baby’s Nayoung since she's the only girl we have.

 

"Of course papa will help you!" I kissed her cheeks and went to the thriplet’s room. As I went inside, the boys were fighting over one life jacket.

 

"I'M THE ELDEST! I SHOULD BE THE ONE WEARING IT."

 

"NO! YOU'RE ONLY A MINUTE OLDER AND THE YOUNGER ONE SHOULD BE WEARING IT!"

 

"Boys. Boys!" I put Nayoung down before getting the life jacket that the two were tugging. I stopped in front of them so none of them get hurt.

 

"You two! This jacket is less important than you two being brothers. Remember this, boys. I can buy a lot of life jackets. But you two being brothers are far more expensive than any fortune. Understand?" I spoke softly as possible so none of them cries. Nayoung run towards her brothers and held their hand.

 

"Don't fight please, oppas. Nayoung hates it when the two of you fights." I was surprised at Nayoung's action. I didn't know that she can do that.

 

"Mianhe, Nayoung. Oppa promise that we won't fight anymore." Jirin said and Jaehyun nodded in agreement.

 

"Now that the two of you settled, should we start packing?" The kids cheered and went to get their own bag. I went to my and Chaerin's room to get my own bag and pack my own things. After packing everything I need, I went to the kids’ room and saw the boys helping their sister.

 

"Are boys done packing?"

 

"Yes, papa. We packed extra clothes and our goggles. And look! We have the same goggles." I nodded and chuckled at them. I bend down to help Nayoung to close her bag.

 

"Everything here, Nayoung?" I asked the youngest and she nodded in response. Before I closed her bag, I looked inside to check if everything is there. I did the same to the boys just to make sure that they packed everything they need.

 

"Only one thing is missing."

 

"What is it papa?" Jaehyun asked confusedly.

 

"This." I put the caps that I bought for the kids that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter