Chapter One

Good things take time

The bell rings accurately at 1pm, signaling the lunch break has started. After the students have fled from their classroom like a whirlwind, there is only one remaining living creature left, still diligently working on her own stuff like nothing happened.

*BZZZ*

The hardworking girl puts down her pen and fishes out the vibrating smartphone from her pocket. She gently slides her finger along the screen when she realizes who the caller is.

“Hi dea—“

“Son Seungwan do you know what time is it now? We have been waiting in the cafeteria for 15 minutes and your girlfriend almost faints from starvation!”

“First of all this is very rude to snatch other’s phone and secondly, Joohyun is not a shikshin like you.”

“Whatever. Just move your now will you?”

“Alright. See you in a bit.”

Seungwan couldn’t help but smile when she think of the mentioned girl. She packs her stuff as fast as she can and head to the meeting point.

 

It does not take long for Seungwan to search for her friends in cafeteria. She flashes them her infamous toothy grin when she spotted a young lady with brown, curly long hair waving at her.

“Sorry guys. I didn’t notice the school bell.”

Naeun rolls her eyes instead of retorting as usual. She’s too busy feasting her noodles.

“It’s fine as long as you are here now. Just go get food with Joohyun.” Chorong, the girl sitting beside Naeun replies as she hands her girlfriend a handkerchief.

Seungwan nods and Joohyun quickly hops from the bench and follows suit.

“What do you want to eat dear?”

Joohyun clings to her girlfriend’s arm, shaking her head. “I am not hungry.”

She blushes at the sudden intimacy. “A-Are you not feeling well?

“Nah. I am just not hungry right now.” Joohyun replies and secures her grip even tighter.

“Let’s take a walk then.” She shyly leads her clingy girlfriend to leave as soon as possible, to prevent drawing more attention from the crowd.

Seungwan is a practical person yet filled with curiosity. She wonders if she had done something good in her previous incarnation. If not, how could she able to make a goddess falling for her?

She examines the girl, now resting her head on her shoulder carefully. Her long eyelashes slightly twitches causing by the autumn breeze. Seungwan adjusts her position as goosebumps could be seen appearing on her milky white skin.

“It’s getting cold now. Let’s go back shall we?”

Joohyun does not respond. She reaches out her hand and places it on Seungwan’s lap. The latter immediately reacts and their fingers entwined naturally.

“Come on. I don’t want you to catch a cold.”

“Way to ruin the mood. Son Seungwan.” She mentally curses her sweet but not romantic girlfriend. Not intended to let go of her warm hand at all. “They are most likely having a moment now.”

Being a smart girl she always is, Seungwan slients for a second, trying to read the lines from girlfriend.

“Seungwan?” Joohyun’s call just in time to catch the spacing out girl.

“hmm?”

“Didn’t you notice Chorong wearing a scarf today?”

“Yes I did.”

“Isn’t it unusual for a person who’s terribly fear of heat?”

“Every change is possible in our life dear. We can easily get used to something or to quit something out of the blue.”

Joohyun removes herself from her girlfriend and face palmed. “I don’t mean that way Seungwan. I mean she's hiding something.”

 

The duo gets back to the cafeteria and run into the leaving couple. Seungwan takes a closer look at the exposing neck of Chorong as she’s carrying her scarf now.

“Chorong unnie do you have a food allergy?”

Chorong tilts her head. “No I don’t. Why are you asking that?”

“There’s several red stains on your neck.”

Naeun bursts out laughing at her sister’s statement. Meanwhile Chorong is blushing furiously and starts landing punches on her girlfriend’s arm.

“It’s all her fault.” She coughs. “How I wish my girlfriend could be as gentle as Seungwan.”

Joohyun quickly drags the said girl away before she can respond. Seungwan daren’t to ask anything, letting the slightly taller girl leads her to wherever places. But still she frowns at the pain on her wrist which she expects to be a tender one.

“Joohyun? Slow down your pace please. It hurts.”

Joohyun does not spit out a single word. She continues walking until they reach Seungwan’s classroom.

“Catch you later.” She drops the clueless girl and walks away.

 

Chorong goes back to her classroom after the bell rang. She slowly approaches her seat and pats her neighbour’s arm.

“Go away!” Joohyun still buries her face in the crossed arms.

Chorong sits down and continues. “I am not kidding when I said how I wish Naeun could be as gentle as Seungwan. I really mean it.” She nonchalantly caresses her neck, reminiscing how crazy the night was.

“Of course she is gentle.” Joohyun finally lifts up her head. “Too gentle that she will never ever do that to me.”

“She what?” Chorong raises her voice while messaging her friend’s reddened temple. “How long have you two been together?”

“Almost a year.”

“You have my full admiration now Bae. It is unbelievable that a per_vert lesbian like you is still alive after a year of no se_x!”

“Errrr Park Chorong!” She keeps slamming her giggling friend’s arm until their teacher arrives.