Introduction

Acceptance

It was all in blurry, the next thing I know I am waking up on an unfamiliar bed in an empty room with few books on the small wooden bookshelf. I look out to the window to see the daylight, I covered my eyes then rubs them, adjusting to the sunlight hitting my eyes.

What is this place? Where am I?

I decided to go out of the room, feeling nervous as I approach the door, reaching out to the door knob when there was a knock from outside.
I blinked my eyes a few times before opening the door to be greeted by a boy...man? How do I describe him? He looks like the same age as me.

He has papers with him and a pen; he looked at me then asked, "Jiyoung? You are Kang Jiyoung right? You need fill something up-" he handed me the paper and the pen without any expression as if this was his job for a long time now.

I took the paper and pen hesitantly and read what’s in it. My eyes widen in shock as I look at what I am about to fill out.

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
Date of Death:


Death. Wait what death??!

"What is this? I do not understand..." I muttered

Is this some kind of joke? I do not understand how anyone could give this kind of joke. I snicker slightly while glancing at the guy in front of me giving the i-know-what-you-are-feeling look-- no wait it's more like i'm-used-to-this-reaction.

“This is a joke right?” I handed out the paper back to him with an annoyed face.

"It's okay; everyone's pretty much the same on their first day here. I was like that too" he shrugged then leaned his body by the door.

"Try to remember everything then fill that up, pass it to me when you are done. I'll be at the lobby downstairs" he said then walks off.

I am still in shock, I don't have any idea what is happening. I tried remembering everything... What happened actually-

I walked to the bed then stares at the paper while I try to remember everything- then suddenly like a flashback......


I see myself waiting on a car it is my friend’s car- when suddenly another car is approaching, it keeps horning as if it's an emergency. I was in a panic, I tried getting out of the car but I can’t.

The bright lights from the car hit my eyes and the next thing I know…. it crashed to the car I am in.

The scene changes, I am in a hospital bed being operated by the doctors. All are serious- operating materials being passed on, nurses to doctors. Blood, my blood it's all over my body. My face is cover with blood too- my head is bleeding. What happened here???

I walked to a corner crying myself out, while looking at the scene in front of me.

After some minutes a beeping sound was heard. I can see panic from their faces. Paddle for cardioversion being pushed through my chest. My heart isn't beating anymore- I am dead.

They laid down the materials, you can see despair on their faces.

"Time of death June 15, 2015, 8:00 pm" a doctor said.

I want to scream, I was covering my mouth while crying... Noooooooooo!

 



Then I was back at the room, I was panting hard catching my breath. I placed my hand over my chest, I cannot feel the heartbeat but I can feel pain.

What is this really? What is happening, I want to go back....

I looked at the paper again then slowly fill it up while i feel tears streaming down my face.

Full Name: Kang Jiyoung
Date of Birth: July 15, 1994
Date of death: June 15, 2015


Thepen fell off my grip then I lay on the bed lifelessly- oh wait I am dead already who am I kidding.


I stayed there for a while crying my heart out. I cannot accept this; I need to go back.....