Chapter 02;

Memories

Chapter 02;

 

    “I’m not trying to make you feel uncomfortable with this question, I just want to make sure everyone are on a good term so we can have a good start.” Jaewon hyung said, reassuring us with a smile.

 

            “None of us here are on a bad term.” Joonmyeon said, covering up for Sehun and I. “It’s just some of us are not that close with each other yet so we’re somewhat a little bit awkward but since we’ll start living with each other from tonight, we’ll get closer soon.”

 

            Jaewon hyung smiles, giving him a pat on his shoulder before saying, “I’ll put my trust on you, Joonmyeon.” With that, he got up and left the room. At the corner of my eyes, I could see Sehun giving Joonmyeon hyung a grateful looks even though I’m pretty sure he’s doing whatever it takes to avoid my eyes.

 

            The preparations for our debut weren’t easy. There were so many things to learn everyday and we have to make sure we can portray our given images properly or it’ll be a mess. We need to make the dance is perfect; our real personalities will have to be controlled for the mean time. On top of that, we need to make sure every single word is prepared and not just stupid blabbering. Oh well, who blabber gibberish on TV anyway? 

 

            The night arrives quickly while we’re busy immersing ourselves in our practice. Everyone was excited at the thought of living together in one dorm because there will be a lot of companions and they won’t feel alone anymore but I guess I’m not that happy. How am I supposed to live with Oh Sehun who acted like I’m just a past in his life? That sounds dramatic but imagine yourself in my shoes – Do you think I actually want this to happen? Shouldn’t he be touch that I was considering of his health back then?

 

            For a soon-to-be-debut group, our dorm is a bit too fancy – But we have 12 members. It does make senses. We gather around in the living room with our luggage and necessary stuffs being placed down to the corner of the room. Why are we having a meeting again? Can’t we just go to sleep? It’s 12AM for goodness’s sake.

 

            Baekhyun hyung claps his hands excitedly, he’s grinning from ear to ear and just by watching him, you could get a little bit hyped up too even if you’re dead tired. His expression suddenly changed into a serious one as he nods his head a little before saying, “Alright, guys. You probably know how we need to divide our rooms and choose our partners right? Let’s do this like a real man.”

 

            Thanks god, no immature fight over a room.

 

            He held his hand out and continues, “Let’s decide by rock, paper and scissor.” 

 

            Half of the room could almost bang their heads on the walls as soon as he announced that. How mature of you to decide a room by rock, paper and scissor. But we eventually agree after how Baekhyun hyung said that is the only fair way according to his theory. Since when did rock, paper and scissor become fair? For all I know, this game is based purely on lucks.

 

            On the count of 3, everyone showed their own choices. I breathe a sigh of relieve at how I beat Sehun and everyone else so I could choose my own roommates first. Baekhyun hyung pouts, giving me an upset look as his eyes point to Chanyeol hyung and I got the hint almost immediately. I want to share the room with Sehun but looking at our circumstances now, I don’t think this is a good idea at all. I sigh, staring at their faces for a few times before making up my mind.

 

            “I’ll choose Joonmyeon hyung.” I mumble but instead, Joonmyeon hyung gave me a big hug as I fall back onto the couch. He laughs apologetically before getting off me. I turn around but then, I caught Kyungsoo hyung’s eyes and he gave a soft smile. For a moment there, I totally forgot about my first impression of him. He wasn’t the scary hyung that I used to fear anymore. He looks so genuine when he smiles and I feel bad for refusing to eat with him because I was scared of him. “And, Kyungsoo hyung.”

 

            “Whoa, are you for real, Jongin?” Baekhyun hyung asked, staring at me in disbelief. “You couldn’t even eat with him because you thought he’s as scary as murderer- Holy cow, Kyungsoo, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that – “ Baekhyun hyung cries, pleading Kyungsoo hyung who shot him a glare and if no one knows us, they’re probably think Baekhyun hyung did something really stupid which he really did.

 

            Luhan hyung wins next and to my surprise, he chose Sehun and Minseok hyung. Sehun looks genuinely happy to be chosen and I’m starting to get even more confuse at this scenario. What is going on with Luhan hyung and Sehun? Why do they seem so close? Don’t tell me, throughout this whole year, Sehun and Luhan hyung became best friend – Oh well, Sehun’s only cold to me now. Stupid Jongin.

 

            Baekhyun hyung obviously chose Chanyeol hyung and Jongdae hyung and after another 30 minutes, we’re finally done with the roommate pairing and household chores. Joonmyeon hyung went to shower and I’m left alone with Kyungsoo hyung and none of us are speaking, I feel like I’m going to die from frustration.

 

            “So… Why did you choose me?” Kyungsoo hyung asked. “I mean, you find me scary, don’t you?” He sounds a bit sad by that and I suddenly feel a rush of guilt running all over me. Even though I want to refuse to make him feel better but I eventually nod my head. Surprisingly, he only chuckles back in return.

 

            He turns to me and said, “Don’t worry, I’m not mad. Everyone are saying the same thing because I tend to look at them with such a strong gaze and with a frown and they thought I was mad at them but actually, I have a very bad eyesight so I have to squint my eyes in order to see.”

 

            Man, now I feel so bad for thinking the same way as those people did. I have an eyesight problem too but I wore lens so it wasn’t that bad for me but I totally understand him. You can’t dance around with glasses because it will block your view once you get sweaty and not everyone can deal with lens and he’s probably one of them. There was another silence and I feel the need to start a conversation first because I know Kyungsoo hyung relates to me in many ways. He’s a silence person and you need to know how to approach him first.

 

            I took up my courage and turned to him, “Hyung, you’re actually quite nice.” To that, he smiles and mumbles a soft thank you. “Let’s be closer from now on.” I smile, turning my head to sees him smiling and giving me a kind nod. The night went deeper but all I could hear is the sounds of the three of us moving around on our own beds because neither of us can sleep. Joonmyeon hyung eventually broke the silence, “You guys can’t sleep, too?”

 

            “It must be because it’s a new environment.” Kyungsoo hyung replies, turning to Joonmyeon hyung. Joonmyeon hyung tilts his head to my side to see if I was listening when I stare at him back and he turns back around after getting his confirmation. “Jongin, what exactly happened between you and Sehun? Not that I want to meddle in your business but you know, as a leader, I need to help you two out – “

 

            “I know, hyung.” I smile, seeing how he panics a bit because he’s afraid he would bothers me. “Are you sure you want to know, though? I mean, wouldn’t it be too heavy of a topic to talk about before bedtime?”

 

            “Jongin, if we can’t sleep, at least we won’t be able to sleep together. Neither Joonmyeon hyung nor I want to be asleep while you’re not because you’re keeping something to yourself. We may not be blood related but we’re family from now, aren’t we?” Kyungsoo hyung gave Joonmyeon a look, earning himself an approval nod from Joonmyeon hyung. Now, what good did I do to deserve such brothers?

 

            “Sehun and I used to be childhood friends.” I mumble, staring straight at the wall in front of me even though I’m clearly aware of Joonmyeon hyung and Kyungsoo hyung staring at me in surprise.

 

            “He was the one who approached me first and he was really friendly and bubbly for his first meeting with someone he doesn’t even know. We got really close but then, I just had to move to Seoul and I went to bid him goodbye but his mom said he wasn’t in his good condition and went to bed early and I didn’t want to bother him so I left a letter with his mom. When she asked me if I’d come to school tomorrow, even though I know I wouldn’t but I said I did. I guess Sehun must have waited for me all days at school.”

 

            “But, I know Sehun as soon as he came to Seoul. He was rather chic when we first met.” Joonmyeon hyung mumbles, blinking confusedly to himself. I chuckle, giving him a shrug before he continues, “But strangely, he opens up to Luhan hyung by himself. The kid was very friendly to Luhan hyung.”

 

            I made a mental note to ask Luhan hyung what is his relationship with Sehun later when we grow a bit closer. I can’t just go and ask him all of sudden, we’re not even that close yet and plus, isn’t this question a bit too personal? Kyungsoo hyung broke the silence by telling us to go to sleep since we have a lot to do tomorrow.

 

            5 in the morning, everyone woke up by themselves – Nah, with the help of their alarm clocks of course. While everyone else took their turn to shower, Sehun and I are sitting on the same couch but we’re sitting on the opposite end from each other. I guess I was too sleepy to even care if it’s actually Oh Sehun I’m sitting next to so I just dozed off there while waiting for Baekhyun hyung to finish showering. Luhan hyung appears out of nowhere, offering the croissant that he has already bitten a little to Sehun and the latter ate it without hesitation. Luhan hyung turns to me, offering me another croissant since he had two and I don’t care if I’m being rude or not, I just shook my head and continue dozing off. I thought he was going to be offend at how I act but instead, he laughs it off before handing me a pillow so that I won’t have to tilt my head while sleeping in that uncomfortable position. I mumble a soft thanks, avoiding his eyes as I feel a sense of guilt running through my body for the nth times.

 

            “We haven't even debut yet and we have to wake up at 4AM. I don’t think we would even get to sleep after we debut.” Baekhyun hyung complains as soon as he comes out from the bathroom. Joonmyeon hyung who was sitting the closest to the bathroom’s door – because he really needs to poop said, “Isn’t that an obvious fact?”

 

            For the twelve of us to get ready, we took exactly an hour and another 30 minutes for breakfast. I don’t know if Joonmyeon hyung had a bad memory or he’s being too helpful, to think that I had just told him about my relationship with Sehun and yet he still made me sit next to Sehun during breakfast and it was so awkward, I could barely finish a bowl of rice when I usually ate two bowls for breakfast. I give his arm a small pinch but he yelps anyway before whispering into his ear – “Thank you very much for helping.” In my most sarcastic tone of course.

 

            “Your welcome.” He gives me a bright grin, totally oblivious to how sarcastic I sounded.

 

            I internally groan, resisting the urge to punch him in the face. Joonmyeon hyung and his ‘your welcome’ is something that made you just want to puke blood. Everyone start to walk toward the van outside of our dorm while I trail behind Sehun and Luhan hyung. I froze in my position almost immediately when Luhan hyung leans in to brush the hair strands that were getting into his eyes away and Sehun blushes madly at that. Are you sure they’re not dating? Eh, they won’t date each other… right?

 

            “Why are you still standing here? You’re going to get left behind.” Kyungsoo hyung came up behind me, staring at me weirdly before grapping my arm and drag me with him. Sehun turns around as he steals a glance at how Kyungsoo hyung took a seat next to me before turning back because I raise my head to stare at him. You’re already caught anyway, why did you even bother turning away? Geez.

 

            The whole car ride wasn’t interesting, no one utter a words because half of them are back tot heir dreamlands and I dozed off a few times but this particular person next to me is so amusing that I can’t help but to stare at him and wonder to myself on why did I even got scared of him before. I was pulled back to reality when manager hyung called from the front, “Jongin and Sehun, you both will film your teaser together in 3 weeks. Oh and your album jacket will be film in 2 weeks, I know that is too early but the concept has already been decided.”

 

            Sehun and I will what?!

 

 


Hello bellooo!

Chapter 2 is up, phew ;a; I'm sorry for taking such a long time. This chapter isn't that long either and I'm so sorry for that.
Seeing all of your comments and everyone who subscribed and upvoted, thank you so much. That's so nice of you ;__; <3
I'll try to update often since my very last exam (yes, finally!! ;-;) will be in 3 weeks which is quite long from now *~*

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter and if you have any question, suggestion or feedbacks, please do leave them in the comment below! ^^
For those who haven't subscribe yet, if you enjoy reading, please dooo~ It'd mean a lot to me <3

Have a nice day! Until then, I'll talk to you guys later. Byee! <3