Chapter 10

This is our love story

 

 

The car ride home was silent. Neither of the two girls said anything. Only the sound of soft music playing and the occasional swipe of the windscreen wiper. It was raining, just a little.

 

“Yuri?”

 

Tiffany was worried. Yuri hasn’t said anything since they got on the car, ever since they left.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“You alright?”

 

Yuri turned her head towards Tiffany, “Yeah. But she’s not.”

 

/Flashback/

After receiving the text message from Yuri, Taeyeon and Tiffany rushed down to Blanc & Eclare immediately. 

 

When they arrived, they saw the security guard sleeping at his post. Taeyeon stomped towards him and grabbed his shirt. “WAKE UP! DO YOUR JOB AND LOOK AT THE SURVEILLANCE CAMERA! WHICH LIFT IS JESSICA IN?”

 

Taeyeon was angry. She didn’t want to lose her cool in front of Tiffany but this concerns Jessica and she really couldn’t be bothered about the security guard right now. 

 

Shocked by the outburst of Taeyeon, the security guard quickly scanned through all the surveillance camera. Knowing which lift Jessica and Yuri is in, Taeyeon ran off with Tiffany trailing right behind. 

 

 

———

 

 

It’s been almost an hour since the lift broke down. 

 

After crying for a long time, Jessica gradually fell asleep in Yuri’s embrace, her head resting on Yuri’s shoulder and her right hand still clutching onto Yuri’s shirt. Yuri didn’t stop caressing Jessica’s hair, afraid that Jessica would start crying again the moment she stops.

 

Yuri texted Tiffany earlier, letting her know that she was stuck in the lift. She would had spammed Tiffany non-stop, rushing her but her phone battery was flat and there was nothing she could do now but wait and pray that Tiffany saw her message.

 

Yuri looked down and traced Jessica’s features with her eyes. The girl is beautiful but seeing her tear-stained face broke Yuri’s heart. She never want to see that ever again.

 

Just then, some shuffling and a loud voice came from the other side of the lift.

 

“Yuri? Are you in there?”

 

“Yuri! Is Jessica alright?”

 

Yuri was thankful that both Taeyeon and Tiffany found them. “Y-yeah. Could you get us out of here?”

 

In a span of a few minutes, the lift door was forced open, revealing Taeyeon at the other side. But the lift was half way below the level so Yuri and Jessica had to climb their way out.

 

“Hey. You guys alright?” 

 

Yuri looked at Jessica’s sleeping face and looked back at Taeyeon. “She’s not.”

 

Taeyeon frowned and leaned half her body into the lift, offering her hand towards Yuri. “Come on, let’s get the both of you out of here.”

 

Yuri gently shook Jessica’s shoulder to wake her up but the latter just snuggled herself closer to Yuri, with no signs of letting go. Hence, Yuri decided to just carry Jessica and walked towards Taeyeon. “Taeyeon, grab Sica first alright? You can’t get both of us up at the same time.”

 

Taeyeon nodded her head and Yuri gently passed Jessica to Taeyeon. Jessica’s hand was still clutching onto Yuri’s shirt and she didn't let go until Taeyeon whispered something into her ear. Jessica let go of Yuri and clutches Taeyeon’s shirt instead. Then Taeyeon moved away from the exit so that Yuri could get out of the lift too.

 

Taeyeon bid Tiffany and Yuri goodbye as she carried Jessica towards her car and drove off, leaving the other two girls worried.

 

/End of Flashback

 

Tiffany sighed.  “She’ll be alright Yuri. She will be.”

 

 

———

 

 

The bright lights shone through the window, indicating that it is noon and a certain girl was still lying in bed, fast asleep. Just then, another girl entered the room.

 

“Oh my god. When did my cousin become such a lazy ? Wake up Yuri! It’s noon. Get your out of the bed! We are going to be late!”

 

Yuri groaned and waved Tiffany off. “Go away…”

 

“Oh no you did not ask me to go away.” Tiffany went to the end of Yuri’s bed, grabbed her right leg and dragged Yuri off the bed and to the ground. 

 

“AHHHHH! I’M UP ALRIGHT I’M UP!”

 

Satisfied with her doing, Tiffany dusted her hands and left Yuri alone in her room. Yuri laid on the floor. It’s been a week since the whole incident in the lift. After which, both Jessica and Taeyeon didn’t turn up at the office for the entire week. It worries Yuri a lot but Tiffany kept on telling her that everything is alright and she doesn’t have to worry. 

 

Sighing for the nth time for that week, Yuri stood up and went to wash up. 

 

After her normal routine, Yuri headed towards the kitchen and made herself a cup of Ma. As she turned around to head towards her living room, she almost choked.

 

“Yoong?? What are you doing here? Who let you in? Why didn’t I see you just now?”

 

“Well, hello to you too unnie! To answer your question, I am here to look for you.  Tiffany unnie let me in.  You didn’t see me because… well, because you are Yuri unnie. I don’t have an explanation for all the weird things that you do.”

 

Yuri rolled her eyes and sat down beside Yoona. “Okay, that wasn’t necessary. Anyways, what are you here for?”

 

“Ah yes! For this!” Yoona opened her bag and pulled out her ipad and showed Yuri. “These are the photos of the studio. It’s almost done. Give it another week or two.”

 

Yuri looked through the photos and then raised her eyebrows, “And you couldn’t have send me these instead of coming here because?”

 

“Because she misses you and she’s joining us later.”

 

Tiffany came out from her room and sat beside Yuri.

 

“And why are you still in your PJs???”

 

 

———

 

 

“Finally you guys are here!”

 

Sunny went up to hug Tiffany and Yuri as they entered the restaurant. 

 

“I am starving and Sunny said I couldn’t eat until everyone arrives. Why did you guys take so long?”

 

“Blame Yuri for us being late.”  

 

“Yah Yah. It’s not my fault that you couldn’t find your way here. I told you to use the GPS.”

 

Tiffany just stuck out her tongue at Yuri.

 

“Yoona Unnie?”

 

“Seohyunnie?”

 

Yoona and Seohyun was slightly surprised seeing each other at the same place. Then Yoona ran towards Seohyun and hugged her tightly.

 

“Aigoo. I missed you. It’s been so long since I saw you” Yoona started showering Seohyun with kisses on her cheeks.

 

“Unnie! Other people are looking at us! And I just saw you yesterday.” Seohyun’s face was bright red.

 

The other girls at the table was shocked at the interaction between the two girls. For Sooyoung and Sunny, all they were seeing was a random girl hugging the hell out of their precious maknae.

 

Sunny coughed, breaking the atmosphere at the table. “You are?”

 

Yoona stopped whatever she was doing and looked at the rest of them. “Oh. I’m sorry. I haven’t introduced myself. I am Im Yoona. I am Yuri unnie’s intern. Tiffany unnie invited me to join you guys and since it was a buffet I could’t say no. Also, Seohyun here is my girlfriend.”

 

“WHAT?”

 

“EHHH??”

 

“YURI HAS AN INTERN?”

 

The reaction between the other four girls was hilarious and Yoona kept a smile on face although she wanted to burst out laughing. “Yeah. I didn’t know Hyunnie was here. I guess this is fate yeah?” Yoona smiled widely at Seohyun.

 

“I can’t believe Yoong’s girlfriend is Seohyun. No wait. More like I can’t believe Seohyun is with Yoong. Seohyun, how do you handle Yoona? She’s a pain in the at times. More like most of the times.” Yuri massaged her temple as she remembered the times Yoona annoys her.

 

“Unnieeeeee!” Yoona whined at Yuri and the rest of the girls just laughed along.

 

“I am starving. Can we start now please?” Sooyoung flashed her puppy eyes at Sunny. 

 

“No. Taeyeon and Jessica isn’t here yet.”

 

Yuri’s body stiffen at the mention of Jessica. She hasn’t seen the girl for a week and she was dying to know if the girl’s okay.

 

Right at that moment, two girls entered the restaurant. “SICAAAAAA” Sooyoung ran towards the two girls and dragged them towards the table. “Sit. Now let’s eat.” With that, Sooyoung ran off towards the buffet line. 

 

“Aish that girl…” Sunny went off Sooyoung with Yoona and Seohyun trailing behind.

 

At the table, the atmosphere was a little weird. The four of them hasn’t seen each other for a week but each of them has different thoughts about this meeting.

 

Is Sica alright? She looks alright. But is she really alright? What if she isn’t alright?

 

… Why is Yuri staring at me?

 

Taeyeon looks so cool wearing that casual blazer.

 

Tiffany’s wearing a low cut t-shirt….. Pink.

 

Just then, the others came back to the table with plates of food. Sunny looked at the four of them and asked the obvious, “okay what’s with four of you just staring at each other?”

 

The four girls just shyly blushed and started to grab some food on the table to eat. Sunny raised her eyebrows at their reaction. Weirdos….

 

“YAHHH. Get your own plate of food. These are mine.”

 

“No. Those are mine.”

 

Sooyoung and Yoona started to argue over food. 

 

“Guys guys. It’s just food. There are plenty for us all.”

 

Sooyoung and Yoona stared at each other. Silently giving each other a countdown, both of them ran off towards to the buffet line, each trying to grab as many food as they can on their plate.

 

Eventually they were being chased out of the restaurant, leaving the other six girls inside eating to their heart content.

 

“It’s your fault!” Both girl shouted at each other.

 

———

Thank you for reading! Yoona appears! Also, we will get to Jessica's problem soon. Soonnnn.  Sorry for the late update. I was busy with my work and not to mention I met Jessica Jung got her autograph just a few days ago. I've met a goddess and I think my life is somewhat complete  >///<