Final

Defining Love

If you ask Jihyun what does love mean to her, she can only define it to you. Not just randomly, but the real meaning of love.

 

Why can she only define it? It's because she can't feel it, leding her to not believe in it. But little did she know that the past was just not the right time for her to feel it yet? It's because that one certain person haven't appear in her life yet. 

 

But if you ask Luhan, he will define the opposite way. The most painful and suffering way that always occur when they say you feel love. That's how he define love. Even though he knows that it's that painful, he is still searching for the love that will not make him feel that way.

 

Unlike from each other, one is finding for love and one doesn't have it. Both are not defining love completely. Both are only able to define half of love. Meaning both only knows half of love. Both needs each other to find out the other half of love. That's why both are Defining Love..

 

 


 

 

"Jihyun-ahhh, I need your help again!" Jihyun's lovely best friend named, Nam Heeyoung ranned to Jihyun's seat once she entered their homeroom. "Hm?" Jihyun asked, as she turned her body to focus on her friend. 

 

"I have a question about the project in Math class and I need your help" Heeyoung said before smiling. "Heeyoung that's how you greet your best friend in the morning?" Jihyun replied before writing down their work down onto her school's agenda. 

 

"I can greet you later my lovely friend but help me first!" Heeyoung cried while laughing to Jihyun. Jihyun just chuckled at her best friend. "You won't die Heeyoung, I'll help you during break time" Jihyun replied to the pouty Heeyoung. Heeyoung's pouts turned into a bright smile before mumbling thanks to Jihyun and ran to her desk. 

 

As soon as Heeyoung reached her seat, Mrs. Lee, their English teacher entered the room with a student beside her. "Okay, first class today is English" Mrs. Lee said before all the students groaned. "Shush!" all the students shut their mouth at the yell. "Plus we have a new student that just transfered here. Please be polite as he introduce himself." 

 

Mrs. Lee signaled for the new transfer student to start. He took a deep breathe before starting. "Annyeongshayeo, my name is Luhan. I hope we can be friends, please take care of me" Luhan said before bowing a ninety degrees to the class. 

 

"Doesn't he look hot?" Heeyoung mouthed from her desk to Jihyun. "Pftt, hot my " Jihyun mouthed back and rolled her eyes. "Luhan you can go sit beside Park Ji Hyun. Jihyun raised your hand" Mrs. Lee said. 

 

Jihyun lazily raised her right arm as Luhan walked down pass the students and sat next to Jihyun's left. "Annyeong! I'm Luhan, I hope we can be friends and seat buddy" Luhan exclaimed and smile before helding out his right hand for a handshake. 

 

Jihyun smiled back and took Luhan's handshake before replying, "I'm P-" "Park Jihyun" Luhan cut Jihyun off and then smile. *dadum dadum* Jihyun blinked a few times from the sudden body temperture and took her hand back. 

 

Times have fly by so fast that it's time for lunch already. Jihyun had already exited out with Heeyoung to the school's canteen. "You know what? That new transfer student look so hot and cute! You're so lucky to have him sit next to you!!" Heeyoung sequeled in her high pitch voice, fangirling. 

 

Luhan's smile then came flashing back into Jihyun's mind. Jihyun just shrugged off as she continued walking, with Heeyoung next to her. 

 

In the corner of the canteen, there sits twelve handsome boys, laughing and eating. It's Luhan and his group of friend called EXO, known as the kingkas of the school. "How's your first day of our school?" Suho asked Luhan. "That's right hyung. Is the girls at out school pretty?" Sehun, the maknae asked right after his hyung. 

 

"It's good, everybody is very friendly" Luhan replied with a smile before biting his food. "Told you Luhan. You should have moved to our school sooner" Xiumin said before hanging his arm over Luhan's neck. Just then Luhan suddenly remember what to ask his friends.

 

"Perhaps, you guys know the girl name Park Ji Hyun?" Luhan asked, chewing his food slowly. All of the members stop at his sudden question and went quiet. Luhan notices no one talking so he look at them, only to have everyones eye on him. "Did I ask anything wrong?" Luhan asked, innocently, with his eyes widen. 

 

Chanyeol put on a fake cough for the members to come back to their sense. "Who did you said?" Baekhyun asked, with a face of his. "Park Ji Hyun.." Luhan replied. 

 

"Did she catch our Luhan hyung's heart?" Lay sang, waving his hand in the air with Chen, D.O, and Suho. "Ahhh, Park Ji Hyun!" Chanyeol exclaimed remembering who she is. "She's quite popular here, right?" Kris said, asking the others to clarify his answer. 

 

Just like Kris think, the members nodded making him proud of himself. "What's the reason for her popularity? She's pretty?" Luhan asked out of curiosity.

 

"There's no specific reason" Chen said, thinking hard. "When was it? When she started to get popular?" D.O asked them with his cute and squishy eyes. "Isn't it back in freshmen year?" Xiumin asked them. 

 

Just then it hitted all of them except Luhan. "Ahhhh, because of that quote" Baekhyun said before rubbing his nose. "What was the quote again?" Suho asked, also thinking with s. 

 

"Love is something enternal, something that happens once.. in a life time" 

"I can't feel it, because... I don't belive in it"

 

Those quotes then reminded Luhan of his ways of defining love. 

 

"Love is something we feel. The pain, jealousy and tears, that is killing inside"

"Even though it hurt so much, I'm still going to search for the one"

 

"Guys.." Luhan caught EXO's attention. "..I think she's the one" Luhan said, smiling as he has Jihyun's face in his mind. "Luhan!" EXO called out his name in surprised. 

 

 

Just like that, many months has pass by. Luhan was able to be friends with Jihyun, and with EXO. This is so impossible, but Luhan and Jihyn became really great seat buddies. Just like how the times pass by, feelings between the two was also developed. 

 

"Jihyun!" Luhan called out Jihyun's name when Luhan spotted her near there table. "Hi guys" Jihyun dragged her friend Heeyoung with her before greeting the boys. Heeyoung pouted and stomped her feet. "Sit guys" D.O, being the nice gentlemen, suggest the two girls seats. 

 

Jihyun just smile before pushing Heeyoung to sit down next to Sehun. "Seat buddy, have you do your homework?" Luhan asked Jihyun. Jihyun nodded as her answer because she couldn't reply with full of foods. 

 

"Let me copy, just this once!" Luhan pleaded, with his pointy finger over to Jihyun. "Oh why?? You're smart" Jihyun complained, feeling like don't want to. "Jihyun, can I have your napkin? I used mine already" Xiumin asked, still having trouble cleaning his spilled shirt. 

 

"Here" Jihyun handed her napkin over to Xiumin. Xiumin mumbled a thanks before getting busy with his shirt."Why you gave Xiumin hyung your napkin, but not let me copy your homework?" Luhan asked, annyoing over to Jihyun. 

 

Jihyun just ignored the angry Luhan and continued her lunch. "JUST SHUT THE HELL UP WILL YOU LUHAN?!" Heeyoung yelled angrily, causing Luhan to shut and grab attention from Jihyun and EXO. "S-sorry" Luhan mumbled, before lowering his head. "Heeyoung, what's wrong?" Chanyeol asked, trying to light up the mood. "Heeyoung, are you sick?" Jihyun asked worriedly before going to Heeyoung's side, putting her hand on Heeyoung's forehead. 

 

"I'm okay" Heeyoung replied, peeling Jihyun's hand from her forehead. "Just please excuse me" Heeyoung said before releasing her body from the chair and walk off. "It's my fault, I'll go talk to her" Sehun said quickly before going after Heeyoung. "This is weird.." Jihyun mumbled. 

 

At the end, Jihyun end up letting Luhan copy her homework. "Thanks my seat buddy!" Luhan said before giving Jihyun the tighest hug in the whole universe. "Lu-han!" Jihyun squeaked out loud enough for Luhan to hear. 

 

"What is it ba-buddy?" Luhan quickly correct his word, luckly Jihyun didn't catch that. "I can't breathe.." Luhan released his tight hug from Jihyun. "Hehe, sorry. I was just too excited" Luhan chuckled before touching the nape of his neck, showing his embarresment. *That's was close Luhan! Babe..* Luhan scolded himself. Jihyun too, was embarress from the sudden tight hug. "T-then, I'm going to class first, see you later" Jihyun dissapeared before Luhan could even reply. 

 

Jihyun breathe out heavily as she departed from Luhan. "What the? Am I starting to feel it?" Jihyun cutely ask herself as she has her right arm on top of her heart, that she felt it beating. "Impossible" Jihyun mumbled. Just then a 'ding' sound interupted Jihyun. 

 

Jihyun open up her new text message she just recieved. 

 

Sorry. I'm heading home first. See you tomorrow(:

-Heeyoung

 

"Bwohya? Aish this girl" Jihyun hissed before throwing her phone back into her pocket and walked back to class. 

 

The sun is half way up in the sky, the weather is hot, making every students tired and sleepy right after eating their meal. Jihyun tiredly dragged herself from the stairs to her room. Jihyun scratch the nape of her neck before entering. Just then Luhan came out of no where and yelled Jihyun's name before hugging his belove seat buddy, startling Jihyun. 

 

"Yah! You scared me" Jihyun yelled and then slapped Luhan. Luhan just giggled before pretending to wince in pain. *dadum dadum dadum* Jihyun's heart beat increased since Luhan never released the hug after being slapped. 

 

Jihyun coldly peeled herself from Luhan's hug. "Don't come near me" Jihyun said coldly after leaving a dumbfounded Luhan standing alone. Luhan then smile before smirking and walk to his seat. 

 

Jihyun walked arm in arm with Heeyoung as both of them walked down the hall way to their lockers. Jihyun could still sense something is still bothering Heeyoung like yesterday at lunch. Both of them parted to get their stuffs as Jihyun thinked non-stop that what is wrong with her friend. *She's not sick.. What's wrong with her?* Jihyun thoughted before dropping her books, catching Heeyoung's attention. 

 

Heeyoung looked at her with a question look. "Nothing. Let's go to class" Jihyun said and both left after Heeyoung nodded. 

 

"Okay class, listen up!" Mrs. Lee yelled as she entered the class room. "This year, the school will change a little bit" Mrs. Lee started. "Our class will be competing with other class. And I think our class is going to win no matter what" Mrs. Lee said before looking straight at Jihyun, same goes with the rest of the students. 

 

"Did I do something wrong?" Jihyun asked. Mrs. Lee shooked her head before speaking. "We will surely win if Jihyun represents our class" Mrs. Lee exclaimed and clapped her hands together. 

 

"Why Jihyun Mrs. Lee?" a student asked as Jihyun nodded, wanting to know. "The topic is about.. love. Jihyun, if you use what you said last time, I think we will surely win" Jihyun was left with open.

 

"Mrs. Lee so does it mean we don't have to do anything?" a female student asked. "Nope. The representative will we selected on the competition day. That's why let's hope they select Jihyun on that day. But since it will be randomly select, all of you guys will have to get yourself ready incase" the students groaned before Mrs. Lee goes out. 

 

"Why me?" Jihyun complained to Heeyoung, who is sitting in front of her, as she put her head on the desk. "Jihyun, don't worry, it's going to be randomly selected, you may not be picked" Luhan said just as Jihyun sighed. 

 

 

EXO and both two girls gathered at their hangout place during lunch. All are having a hard time thinking about the contest except Luhan and Jihyun. 

 

"Why don't the both of you guys give us some ideas?" Xiumin asked, having the other nodded. Jihyun and Luhan looked at each other. "Like?" Jihyun asked breaking the eye contact from Luhan. "Why don't you guys ask questions and me and Jihyun will answer them?" Luhan suggested. EXO and Heeyoung nodded. 

 

"How do you feel when you're in love?" Sehun, the innocent maknae asked. Jihyun let out a small laughed. "Sehun, you know my quote right?" Jihyun asked having Sehun nodded. 

 

"How am I going to answer you if I can't feel it?" Jihyun laughed, face palming herself. "Ehh, I forgot about it. Still, Luhan hyung, tell me about it" Sehun turned over to Luhan. "Yeah, Luhan can still tell us" Kris said before patting the maknae's head. 

 

"You feel... happy when you see her, good when she's with you, and you want to protect her" Luhan said and smile to their directions.

 

"Jihyun, have you ever felt any of this?" Lay asked Jihyun, catching her attention. "Never" Jihyun replied, shooking her head. "But let me add something to it... Just like you guys know, love is something we can feel, right?" Jihyun asked. 

 

They nodded their heads. "Just like Luhan have stated, those are when you feel happy, safe, and good when that person is with you" "Ahh! Thanks for the help! I'm going now!" Heeyoung shouted before grabbing her stuff and dashed off. 

 

"Did she have an idea already?" Chanyeol asked. Everybody shrugged at him. "I have to go too, so finish it up guys.." Luhan said before turning to Jihyun. "Come with me, I have somewhere to show you" Luhan said and grabbed Jihyun's wrist even before she could even move. 

 

After a while, both arrived at the beach. Jihyun's face lighten up by the scene. Luhan looked at her and a smile formed on his lips. Jihyun have been wanting to come to the beach since young. 

 

"Ahh, why are we here?" Jihyun asked not taking her eyes off the sea. Luhan plopped down onto the sands, having Jihyun do the same with a question look on her face. 

 

"I have some news to tell you" Luhan replied before looking her. "What is it?" Jihyun asked, exciting. "Uhhh, I.." Luhan hesitated having Jihyun impatient. 

 

"What is it! Hurry, I want to hear it!" Jihyun excitedly slapped Luhan in the arm. "I GOT ACCEPTED TO YONSEI UNIVERSITY!" Luhan shouted before smiling at Jihyun. Jihyun frozed for a second. 

 

"Really?!" Jihyun exclaimed happily before jumping onto Luhan, wrapping her arms around Luhan's neck. "For real Jihyun! I'm going to Yonsei Universiry!" Luhan replied back happily and hug Jihyun back. "I'm so proud of you!" Jihyun released her arm from Luhan's neck and smile happily at Luhan. 

 

After having their little celebration, both decided to walk around the shore of the sea. Both walk quietly, side by side to each other, Luhan to the right and Jihyun on the left. 

 

Luhan was holding onto both of theirs shoes as they walked with bare foot. Jihyun didn't let Luhan at first, but gave in because of Luhan's stubborness. "Luhan, how did you find this place? There's no people here at all" Jihyun asked. 

 

Luhan chuckled. Jihyun turned her head to Luhan's directions, looking up to his face. "I found it when I first transfer to our school" Luhan replied and Jihyun nodded before broking the eye contact to look at the beautiful sea again. "Oh, why did you transfer to our school?" Jihyun asked, curious at Luhan. 

 

"It's a secret and why can't you feel about love at all?" Luhan asked back. "It's a secret too!" Jihyun stuck her tongue out before running ahead of Luhan. Luhan smile before running after Jihyun. 

 

"Tell me and I'll tell mine" Luhan whinned as he is following Jihyun's tail to everywhere he goes. "I said that it's a secret" Luhan continues to whinned and follow really close to Jihyun's back. 

 

"Luhan I said t-" Jihyun's words was cut off when she turns around having Luhan's face right in front of her's. The bridge of their nose touched leaving only 2 cm apart from their lips from meeting each other. Both of their eyes is locked into each other's.

 

*dadum dadum dadum* *dadum dadum dadum*

 

Jihyun and Luhan's heart fluttered at the sudden scene. "I won't ask you anymore then" Luhan said backing away from Jihyun. 

 

A day before the event tomorrow, all students seems to be very nervous, including Luhan and Jihyun. Students rushed to their seats as Mrs. Lee entered the room. 

 

"Good morning students. I hope you guys are as excited as me for tomorrow's event. Who ever is being pick tomorrow, I hope you do a good job" Mrs. Lee said and smile to the class. 

 

Lunch came by and Jihyun is more sleepy than usual. Jihyun decided to not eat lunch but sleep instead. "Jihyun, you're not eating?" D.O asked once he saw that Jihyun have never touched her food. Jihyun just shook her head as an answer. 

 

"Why aren't you eating?" Luhan asked stopping at what he is doing. "I'm sleepy" Jihyun replied, still having her eye lid close. Slowly the queenka of the school approached the table EXO is sitting. EXO started to fanboy when they notices the populariest queenka is walking towards their table. Her name is Yong Ae Cha, the most popular queenka of SM High. 

 

"Luhan-ssi, will you go out with me? I like you" Ae Cha asked blushing from her confession. The whole school is now focused on only one table, also waiting for Luhan's response. 

 

Jihyun then woke up from the sudden confession, not feeling sleepy anymore. Jihyun suddenly got angry without any reasons, feeling like betrayed. 

 

Luhan also notices Jihyun. Before Luhan could response, Jihyun got up from her seat and left. "Jihyun!" Heeyoung called Jihyun before chasing after her friend. "Jihyun..." Luhan mumbled as he watch Jihyun's figure disappeared. 

 

 

With tonight's event, students was all dress in pretty clothes, girls in cute dress and boys in tuxedo and suits. It was announced that after the contest, everybody is welcome to stay after and enjoy a little party and dance later that night. 

 

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen of SM High, I am here to announced that we will start the contest right no" the MC announced. "I'm so nervous to know who will be winning tonight, are you guys too?" He laughed causing the whole room to also laugh. 

 

"Our first representative will be from Mr. Yang's class....." Everything continues until it was Mrs. Lee's class. "I will now be picking for Mrs. Lee's class....." 

 

All students wait with curious on who will be going up for Mrs. Lee's class. All are hoping to be Jihyun. "It is... Luhan!" Students and Mrs. Lee face palmed theirself. 

 

Jihyun, too, was shock when Luhan's name was called. "What will he be saying?" Jihyun asked Heeyoung. Heeyoung just shrugged. Luhan smile once his name was called and walk up to the stage. 

 

"I'm Luhan, representative for Mrs. Lee's class" Luhan said and smile. "Luhan-ssi, since you are here as a representative, I will now ask you the question. What does love mean to you?" 

 

"Before I start I have something to say.." Luhan said having everybody's attention to him. Jihyun's heart flutter in nervousness upon what Luhan will be saying. 

 

"I know someone who is better, so will you all please welcome Park Ji Hyun" Luhan said and clapped, having everybody did the same. "I-is that even possible?" Jihyun asked confused, hesitiated to get up or not. 

 

"Go on" some EXO members said. Jihyun smile before getting up and walked up to the stage, nervously. "Annyeonghsaeyo, I'm Park Ji Hyun" Jihyun spoke through the microphone. 

 

"Jihyun-ssi, what does love mean to you?" the MC asked. "Love is not just a thing between a woman and a man, but it's something enternal and truely happen once in your life time. It's something we feel, happiness" Jihyun stated. 

 

Audiences in the crowded clapped their hands at beautiful speech. "Jihyun-ssi, since you defined love so beautifully and even amazed our audiences, you must really be expert?" the MC asked then laughed. 

 


"Aniyo, for me, I don't believe in love.." Jihyun said, cutting the MC off. "May I ask why?" the MC asked, quite shock. Jihyun chuckled and smile before speaking. 

 

"It's just becuase I can't feel it" Jihyun said. "Y-you can't feel it? Omo, guys, I'm freaking out here hahaha" the MC asked shockly before laughing at himself. Jihyun nodded as an asnwer to him. 

 

"Since you can't feel love, let me ask you three more questions" Jihyun nodded for him to go on. 

 

"Have you ever look into a man's eye and your heart flutter?" 

 

Jihyun remain slient for a second before the scene at the beach flashback into Jihyun. 

 

"Luhan I said t-" Jihyun's words was cut off when she turns around having Luhan's face right in front of her's. The bridge of their nose touched leaving only 2 cm apart from their lips from meeting each other. Both of their eyes is locked into each other's.

 

*dadum dadum dadum* *dadum dadum dadum*

 

"I have.." Jihyun said and nodded. 

 

Luhan's flinched at her answer. The MC smile before continuing. "Have you ever talked with a man, and you felt fun and happy?"

 

That day, the day when both Luhan and Jihyun decided to study rushed into Jihyun's mind. 

 

"Luhan, this one" Jihyun whinned, closing the gap between them, pointing at the problem. "Pabo, that one is not hard" Luhan said pushing her head away. "That hurts, and I'm not a pabo!!" Jihyun yelled as both of them laughed.

 

"I have..." Jihyun replied nervously.

 

"Have you...seen that man happy, and you were also happy?" 

 

"What is it! Hurry, I want to hear it!" Jihyun excitedly slapped Luhan in the arm. "I GOT ACCEPTED TO YONSEI UNIVERSITY!" Luhan shouted before smiling at Jihyun. Jihyun frozed for a second. "Really?!" Jihyun exclaimed happily before jumping onto Luhan, wrapping her arms around Luhan's neck. "For real Jihyun! I'm going to Yonsei Universiry!" Luhan replied back happily and hug Jihyun back. "I'm so proud of you!" Jihyun released her arm from Luhan's neck and smile happily at Luhan. 

 

"Yes, I have" Jihyun said. "Jihyun-sshi, you just felt love" the MC said. Jihyun smiled, knowing the day she wanted have come. "Perhaps that man is here with us?" Jihyun nodded. 

 

"I have something to add" Luhan's voice rosed from the audience before walking up back to the stage. "I have just learn the other half of love and I want you to know about it" 

 

Jihyun looked at Luhan curiously. "I have always know that love is something that will make us feel pain, and jealous and I was searching for the other and I finally found it..." Luhan smiled. 

 


 

"Why didn't you tell me that you like me?" Jihyun asked Luhan. Jihyun and Luhan had both head out after the winner was announced and now both are strolling out in the middle of the night of Seoul. 

 

"No particular reasons, was just waiting for the right ime" Luhan replied. "How about Ae Cha?" Jihyun asked. "The confession?" Jihyun nodded. Luhan laughed before replying, "I rejected her becaause I've been waiting this time to tell yo." "You just picked the right time" Jihyun said before turning her head over to Luhan  and smile. 

 

"Because I like you too" "Really?" Luhan asked. Jihyun nodded with a 'mhm'. Luhan screamed out before attacking Jihyun with a tight hug. "Yah! I'm dying, stop!" 

 

Luhan smile sheepishly after releasing Jihyun. Luhan slowly leaned in aming his target, her lips. As he slowly leaned in, Jihyun place her finger into Luhan's lips. "No kissing yet. I'm not even your girlfriend yet. I'm saving my first kiss with my boyfriend" Jihyun giggled before running away. 

 

"Wae! I want to kiss you!" Luhan yelled. "PARK JI HYUN WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIED!" Luhan confessed out. "NO!" Jihyun yelled back. Luhan chuckled before going after Jihyun. 

 

After trapping Jihyun into his embrace, he asked again, "Park Ji Hyun, will you be my girlfriend?" Jihyun smile before pecking his lips. Luhan smirked before kissing Jihyun. 

 

 

 

 

The End 


Author's Note

My first oneshot xD Thanks for reading

The three questions wasn't my ideas. Credit to the thai lakorn ton ruk rim rua

Enjoy(: