Final

In Too Deep

“Oh my god, hyung, he’s just so beautiful,” Jimin said, eyes wandering from the lunch sitting in front of him to the group of boys sitting across the cafeteria. “It’s honestly not fair to the rest of us”

Yoongi snorted. “You’ve been in love with this boy for how long?” He asked, not caring about the answer

“Three months and eighteen days why do you ask” Jimin responded without looking at him, too engrossed in his crush.

“And how many words have you said to him?” Taehyung asked, already knowing the answer as it likely had not changed from three days ago when Jimin faced the exact same question.

“Four” Jimin answered confidently, gaze never wandering from the table across the room.

Yoongi and Taehyung both rolled their eyes. Jimin had been obsessed with Jung Hoseok, a dancer in Yoongi’s year and was ‘so cute and perfect and oh my god hyung do you know him can you talk to him for me pretty please’. Both Yoongi and Taehyung had grown tired of their friend’s obsessive crush, urging him to talk to Hoseok or at least do something.

“He’s staring at you again” Namjoon sighed, eyeing the black haired boy from across the cafeteria, who had been consistently staring at his friend for about four months.

Hoseok smiled. He knew that the sophomore had a thing for him, he’d caught Jimin staring on multiple occasions, and found it cute when the younger blushed furiously and looked away whenever they made eye contact.

“Let him” He finally answered, playing with his French fries to look at the other people at his table.

“Hobi, how long do you plan on torturing that poor boy for?” Seokjin asked with an exasperated sigh. “I know you think he’s cute so why don’t you just talk to him already?”

Hoseok looked at Seokjin, glanced at Jimin, who was still looking at him, and looked back to Seokjin and pulled out one of his signature heart-shaped smiles “I want to see if he’ll say anything to me first.”

“God, Hyung. You are such an ” Jungkook sighed, shaking his head as he stole the third fry of the day off of Hoseok’s plate without him noticing.

“Jung Hoseok if you do not talk to that child I will seriously hurt you” Seokjin warned. Hoseok laughed, glancing over to Jimin, and hummed in acknowledgement.

The bell rang and Hoseok stood up, heading to the math class that he shared with Jimin. Meanwhile Jimin was still trying to convince Taehyung and Yoongi that he would infact try to talk to the boy he was head over heels over. They both took their seats, Jimin sitting two rows behind Hoseok, and as the second bell rang, Jimin began to tune out the voice of his professor to focus on the back of Hoseok’s head, how his neck was always so awkwardly stretched when he was writing something down. It wasn’t until Jimin heard the words ‘group project’ that his eyes shot back to his professor, mind solely focusing on what the teacher had to say. If the universe cared about him at all, he would end up in a group with his crush and have the perfect opportunity to talk to Hoseok more. The professor explained that this project would require a lot of work to be done outside of class, and that made Jimin even giddier. Seeing Hoseok was one thing. Seeing him outside of school was something else entirely. As he got lost in his thought, he didn’t even hear his name being called with three other students’ names.

“Jimin” A smooth voice said, and Jimin snapped out of his thoughts to turn to the voice. He nearly choked on his own saliva when he realized that the voice belonged to the one and only Jung Hoseok, and that he was motioning for him to join the older.

The other two in his group were juniors named Jongdae and Taeyeon, but they were the least of his concerns. He made a mental note to pick up some trash or plant a tree as a thank you to the universe, because sure he said he needed to be in a group with his crush but he didn’t actually think it would happen.

“Okay so for this project our professor said that we’d need to do work out of class, anyone want to volunteer their house? I rule out mine, if my mom saw three guys in my house she might actually die” Taeyeon giggled, looking to the other members of her group to offer their homes.

“We could do it at my house” Hoseok chimed in, smiling while his eyes flicked to Jimin then to the rest of his group “My living room is pretty big, and my mom always makes snacks when I have people over.” The group hummed and nodded in agreement, the promise of snacks keeping anybody else from offering their house. “If we want to get a head start,” he continued, “We could come to my house on Saturday at ten to talk about what we’re going to do for the project. Is that good for everyone?”

“Yeah that sounds good.” Taeyeon said with a smile

“If there are home made snacks, I’m there” Jongdae replied happily, patting his stomach.

“Jimin? How about you?” Hoseok asked innocently, smiling at him while he began to blush.

“Me? Y-yeah, that sounds good I guess” Jimin stumbled through his words until they were a near whisper, putting his head down as he felt his cheeks heat up. He didn’t want his crush to see his blushing face.

The bell rang not long after and Jimin bolted from his seat, eager to leave the school building for the day. As soon as he hopped on the bus to get to his house, he unlocked his phone and opened the chat room he shared with Yoongi and Taehyung. He smiled at his phone as he typed the first message.

Jimin: Guys the word count is gonna be going up a lot

Yoongi: What the are you talking about?

Taehyung: I think it’s about his husband ㅋㅋㅋ

Jimin: Taehyung shut up this is important I am going to be in a GROUP PROJECT WITH HIM AND HE OFFERED HIS HOSE TO B WHERE WE GO

Yoongi: Wow I didn’t know you were illiterate

Jimin: NOW IS NOT THE TIME HYUNG I AM GOING TO BE IN JUNG HOSEOK’S HOUSE IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS

Taehyung: Yoongi-hyung, is there such a thing as a quarter life crisis?

Taehyung: I think Jiminnie is going through one right now~~

Jimin: WHAT SHOULD I WEAR OMG

Yoongi: Jimin if you don’t chill the out I swear to god I am going to punch you in the face the next time I see you.

Jimin walked off the bus and began the short walk to his house. The longer he talked about it, the more nervous he got. Was he really ready to see Jung Hoseok, out of his school uniform and in his own home? He dug in his bag for his keys and unlocked the door, quickly answering his mother’s questions about the day while heading straight for his room. He dropped his phone on his bed as he opened his closet. Sure, he was just going to work on a project, but Hoseok was going to see him without his uniform on, so he had to look good.

After many failed attempts at soliciting fashion advice from Yoongi, followed by him claiming that Jimin was just in too deep with his crush, Jimin decided to wear a loose white shirt with his favorite snapback and jeans tight enough to show off his thick thighs and great . He set his alarm the next day for him to be healthily early in case their car broke down or if he was temporarily abducted by aliens and needed to walk the rest of the way to Hoseok’s house. Jimin laid on his bed, thoughts of his trip to Hoseok’s house racing through his mind, keeping him from falling asleep.

Hoseok on the other hand laid in his bed, content with the day. He was glad that he was able to make the younger so flustered, Hoseok thought that Jimin was really cute when he stumbled over his words and blushed. Instead of stressing about what he was going to wear, Hoseok packed his bag for the dance class he had the next day after their study session and went to bed, not bothering to set an alarm.

Jimin awoke at the blaring sound of his alarm at 8:00 sharp. He jolted awake, barely being able to sleep after waking up every 15 minutes because he was so excited to see the older. Jimin showered thoroughly, putting on deodorant and a little extra cologne to make sure that he didn’t smell bad in front of his crush. He realized that at this rate he was going to be almost an hour early if the directions that he looked up at least four times to ensure their accuracy were anything to go off of. Heading downstairs, Jimin greeted his mother and began to make himself a small breakfast. Quickly eating his food, he headed to put on his shoes and get to Hoseok’s house early anyway.

Hoseok barely woke up at the sound of his mother yelling that his guests would be arriving soon and he had to wash up before they got here. He groaned, dragging himself out of bed and slipping into his bathroom. He stripped himself of his clothes and stepped into the warm water, relaxed by the warm water soothing his muscles.

Jimin was early. 34 minutes early to be exact, and he was too close to Hoseok’s house to pretend he wasn’t here or to wait at some coffee shop until it was 10:00. Carefully knocking on the door, Jimin heard rustling and the sound of a lock being twisted. The door opened and a woman with a striking resemblance to Hoseok smiled at him, and ushered him inside.

“You’re a bit early, Hoseok is in the shower right now but he’ll be out any minute. Can I get you anything while you wait?” Hoseok’s mother asked, smiling sweetly as the boy in front of her took off his shoes and entered their home.

“No thank you ma’am, I’m sorry I am so early” Jimin replied, feeling his face heat up at the mention of his crush in the shower. That meant that he was and getting a in front of a sweet old woman was not on Jimin’s to do list.

“it’s no problem,” The woman assured him, “Please sit on the couch while you wait, I’ll let him know that he’s keeping a guest waiting”

Jimin nodded politely and tried to busy himself, locking and unlocking his phone to try and pass the time. Minutes later, a door opened and there Jung Hoseok stood, with a towel wrapped around his waist and nothing else. Water was still dripping off of his hair, and falling down his chest and Jimin desperately tried to tear his eyes from the lean yet sculpted chest in front of him. He knew his face was red as a tomato, and stared at the older, who merely smirked and continued to his room. Frantically, Jimin opened his phone and sent a message to their group.

Jimin: guys help

Yoongi: If you interrupted my beauty sleep asking me what to wear again I really will kill you

Jimin: No hyung, this is much more important

Taehyung: Do you know how important sleep is to Yoongi Hyung?

Yoongi: If this is something stupid, you will be so sorry Park Jimin

Jimin: Ok so I accidentally got to Hoseok’s house early

Taehyung: Didn’t you say you were meeting there at 10? It’s only 9:30 silly

Jimin: So when I got there Hoseok’s mother opened the door and told me he was taking a shower and that he’d be there soon.

Yoongi: I don’t get why I had to be woken up for this

Jimin: Hyun wait

Jimin:: So I was sitting on the couch doing nothing right

Jimin: AND HOSEOK JUST WALTZES OUT OF THE SHOWER WITH ONLY A TOWEL ON

Jimin: I SAW HIM SHIRTLESS

Taehyung: :O

Taehyung: How did he react??

Yoongi: I still don’t get why I had to be woken up for this

Jimin: HE ING SMIRKED AT ME AND WENT TO HIS ROOM I DON’T KNOW  WHAT TO DO, I’M PRETTY SURE IF YOU LOOKED UP THE COLOR RED RIGHT NOW YOU’D SEE A PICTURE OF MY FACE.

Yoongi: Jimin you’re god damn lucky I’m sparing your life. Next time don’t wake me up unless you’re dying

Jimin: HYUNG I AM

Hoseok returned to his room, pleased with how easily he was able to fluster the younger. He was so cute when he was embarrassed, which seemed to be a dominant part of his personality whenever Hoseok was around. As Hoseok was putting his clothes on, he thought about how he’d like to get to know more about Jimin, more than just the easily embarrassed and cute boy he was able to observe already.

Jimin stared at his phone, not realizing how much time has passed until the doorbell rang again and this time Taeyeon walked in, talking off her shoes and bowing to Hoseok’s mother. Hoseok emerged minutes later, wearing a simple t-shirt and skinny jeans. He smiled at his guests, letting his gaze linger a little bit longer on Jimin. Jimin looked away quickly, successfully avoiding blushing for the first time that day. Before he knew it, Jongdae had arrived, Hoseok’s mother had brought the four teenagers snacks, and they were planning their project. Jimin was proud that he managed to go through the rest of the day without blushing furiously, though he was pretty sure that Hoseok caught him staring at his lips a few times.

Hours later, it was already 1pm and Hoseok had to leave to go to a dance class, forcing the others to leave as well. As everyone was getting their shoes on and getting ready to go, Taehyung texted Jimin.

Taehyung: Jiminnie!! I just finished a dance class can you pick me up??

Taehyung: I will buy you ice cream ~~

Jimin was not one to pass up on an opportunity for free ice cream, so he began to walk in the direction of the address Taehyung had given him. He feels like someone is behind him, and looks to see that his crush is casually walking behind him, light smile on his face as he waves at Jimin. Jimin turns back around, takes a second to calm himself down before slowing his movements to let the older catch up with him.

“Hey Jimin,” Hoseok said, “Are you going to the studio too?” he asked in a genuinely curious tone.

“Yeah actually, I have to pick up my friend Taehyung. He’s gonna get me ice cream if I walk him home” Jimin explained, finding himself a lot more comfortable than he expected in front of his crush.

“Cool, then you won’t mind if I walk with you, right?” Hoseok questioned casually, not really expecting an answer.

The two chatted casually for around 15 minutes until they had reached the familiar doors of the dance studio. Jimin didn’t want to leave Hoseok just yet, trying to prolong the conversation until Hoseok really had to go for his class.

“Jimin, I have to run to my class but it was really nice talking to you” Hoseok smiled, and casually scooted closer to where Jimin leaned on the wall of the studio.

“It was great talking to you too” Jimin replied, unsure of what had made him so nervous about talking to the older in the first place. Hoseok was really sociable and very comfortable to be around, and he found himself being able to talk to Hoseok more without turning bright red. Hoseok leaned into Jimin and he didn’t know what the older was doing until he felt the feather light brush of lips against his, and Hoseok was gone, opening the door of the studio as another figure exited.

Jimin was frozen in place, unable to move even when Taehyung was shaking him, still sweaty from his dance class

“Jiminnie, do you want Ice cream or not?” Taehyung asked, raising his voice in attempt to get his friend to hear him

Jimin stared at his friend and opened his mouth, leaving it gaping like a fish out of water before finally being able to stammer out Hoseok’s name.

“Hoseok? What about him?” Taehyung asked. He knew how much Jimin adored the older, but he’d never seen his friend this worked up about a crush before.

“He-he kissed me” Jimin stuttered, eyes still wide open and staring at the door that Hoseok entered minutes ago

“He what??” Taehyung yelled, enthusiastic for Jimin’s success with his crush

“Oh my god Taehyung he kissed me that means he likes me Taehyung!!! This is too much for me to handle!! I need to tell Yoongi I need to find out his number I need to-“ Jimin rambled on in nervous excitement, using copious amounts of hand gestures as he spoke.

On the other side of the door, Hoseok stood with his ear pressed against the door. He was happy that Jimin responded so well, he was nervous about the kiss when it happened. It was quick, and he didn’t want the younger to think that he was just messing around. Thinking about Jimin he realized that he really did like how the younger got flustered easily, and how he always got so animated when he talked about things he was passionate about. Hoseok thought that soon he’d like to take Jimin on a proper date and get to see what happened when maybe they did more than just kiss.