The Birth

The Forgotten One
The Kingdom of Desir, Early Morning:
 
"The baby has come! All hail the queen! All hail the king!"
 
         The Queen's attendants rush to her aid as the King takes in the congradulations of the people. Clad in his golden armour, the first knight of the king, Mikhail Rallis, rushes to the room of the Queen to meet the one day heir to the throne of Desir out of the request of the King. On the way, he meets one of his dearest and oldest friend, Uzuri Hagel, who had just been to visit the Queen. He stops his pace to talk to him.
 
"Morning Uri."
 
"Hello Mikhail."
 
"How fareth the Queen and the heirs?"
 
"Amazing Mik. They are truly one in a million."
 
"They, Uzuri?"
 
"Aye, they. See for youself. You will truly be surprised."
 
          With that. Uzuri left to see to other matters, leaving Mikhail utterly stunned. Nonetheless, he continued to make his way to the room. Turning a corner, he was met by one of the Queen's servants. 
 
"Greetings Mikhail, the Queen is expecting you. Please, go right on in."
 
"Thank you Getrude."
 
          Mikhail walked right into the room. There, on the bed, was the Queen Faora herself. Beautiful in all her majesty, even after having gone through hours of labor to deliver the baby. Next to her was King Alador, tending to the people who have come to offer their congradulations and their services.  By the bedside, three cots were laid out. 'Confusing, there should only be one cot.' Mikhail scratched his head.
 
           Once they saw him, the King and Queen beckoned him forward. He came right in front of them and kneeled down. "My King, my Queen, I offer my best wishes and if I may, I would love to see the heir." He rose. "Sir Mikhail, it is an honour to see you and yes, you may see the heirs." "The heirs my Lord?" He asked, still wondering why the king and Uzuri had used plural instead of singular to describe a baby.
 
           "Of course Mikhail. My beautiful wife has given birth to three of them." The king Alador answered. Before Mikhail could reply however, another 3 people entered the room. One was a woman, beautifully wearing in a onyx gown. The mage Adelaina, the king's most powerful and gifted sorceress. Another was an old man, whose beared was so long, it brushed the very ground he stepped on. Jethro, the kingdom's leading wiseman. And the last was a woman, no older than 20 wearing a rainbow coloured gown. Odara, the most beautiful woman in the kingdom second only to the Queen herself.  The King cleared his throat, signalling that he is about to give a decree. This was what he said:
 
             "Thank you for gathering here so fast. Now, most of you haveth heard that the Queen has presented the kingdom with not one but three heirs to the throne. I know before the delivery I have personally asked each and everyone of you to care for the baby and teach it what you know but there's been a change of plans. Instead, all of you will choose an heir who will become your apprentice. He or she will learn everything there is to know about your skill and in time, hopefully, a promising heir will show himself or herself. Each of you has experience so I have no doubt you know what he or she is capable of by just looking at it. Begin."
 
              The four immediately rushed to look at the babies. As Mikhail looked into the first one, he saw a girl with hair as golden as the sun and as beautiful as the moon. "Juliet. The firstborn but by a mere second." The Queen told him. He looked into the beautiful eyes of the girl and saw nothing of interest. She did not have the warrior spirit needed to become his apprentice. 'Maybe one of Odara's.' He thought. He then proceeded to look into the next cot beside Juliet's. This one was of a boy. He had auburn hair, much like fire. "Alexius." The Queen said in response when she was asked the name. A small peek into his eyes showed a small spark of flame. 'Not enough however, to be able to grow into a fire.' Mikhail thought disspointedly.
 
                Mikhail was starting to give up hope. None of these had the warrior spirit and they needed one to be able to govern a kingdom in his opinion. Nonetheless, he looked into the last cot and saw a raven-haired girl. She looked like a warrior but that could not really be confirmed until he saw into her eyes. However, this one was cheeky and stubborn. She kept her eyes closed and would not open them. She was stubborn to the point where the Queen had to personally come and call her. "I'm sorry, Kaierra is a little stubborn." As soon as her name was said, Kaierra opened her eyes and what Mikhail saw in her was a sudden burst of strength and of will. 'She's perfect. She has the will and the potential to become a great warrior. Probably even greater than me.' Mikhail thought.
 
             "I want her as my apprentice." He said just as Adelaina announced her claim on the baby. He stared at her wide-eyed and the other's, including the King and Queen looked taken back. Adelaina spoke first. "Listen Mik. Clearly she is one of magic. She has the will needed to perform magic and the strength to maintain it." "I strongly disagree Laina. She has the will that will not be easily defeated on the battleground and the strength to hold and use a weapon." 
 
            They bickered back and forth for a while until the King finally found his tongue. "Sir Mikhail, Lady Adelaina please. You can both have her. She can spend half a day with you Adelaina and the other with you Mikhail." He commanded. They looked at each other for a moment before nodding. "Alright, so be it." He said. Mikhail looked over to the other two cots, where Lady Odara had laid her claim to Juliet and Jethro had said his right over Alexius. 'Well then, let the journey begin.' He thought.