Forgotten Date

Forgotten Date

I woke up and saw him driving next to me. I don’t even know where we are going but looking at his excited face I know that he is really up to something.

Yes, he promised that he will make it up to me. He’s been busy with his schedule preparing their album and I’ve been waiting with no pressure on him since I am dead busy with my work too.

“Oh, you’re already awake. Don’t worry; we are already near the place. You can sleep some more after my surprise. My studio is just a few steps away from it.” He shot a very comforting smile after saying the last word.

He must have been tired too. He went straight to my office after finishing their last recording and thinking about it, I am the one who had more sleep than him. I was on night shift with my job and I just got off at 6 AM while, he just took a 30 minute nap while waiting for me.

Checking the time, it’s already 8 AM. Even without sleep, even with just a casual hoodie and the usual jogging pants, he still looks so inhumanly stunning. He didn’t even have the time to shave his now visible mustache but it is okay, I like the way it put up that manly vibe on his aura.

I looked outside the window as he took that sudden turn on the car’s wheel. The curve was sharp and it revealed me a portion of our destination. It was near the ocean. I can see the nearby trees swaying as the wind blows through their unbraced leafy heads. I am still not sure what is going to happen but the way he said it, I am really getting curious.

He stopped the car on the edge of the road where green plants welcomed me. White pebbles divided the shrubberies to create a path towards the glittering sand of the shore. I can smell the scent of the flowers sticking right above the ground. I stood there waiting for him to me but he hasn’t turned the engine off yet.

“Wait there for a little bit. I’ll just quickly park the car over there. Do not go before me.” He requested with a crooked smile pasted on his handsome face.

I nodded at him. I am too tired to speak a word. He understood it right away and I watched him hurriedly do what he just said. The car went inside the studio’s opened gates and he came running towards my direction in a flash. Looking at him made my heart skip a beat.  What is he exactly up to?

With his snapback turned backwards, his face fully displayed his alluring charm. He rubbed his nose with the back of his index finger as a very obvious habit when he is being shy. He can’t help it.  His scrunched nose bridge made him look so awkward but I think I understand where he is coming from.

“Okay, let’s go.”

We walked side by together as the wind kissed our cheeks with its humid coldness. It was not a perfect weather for a beach walk.  I can see dark clouds covering the sky from afar sending dancing bolts of lightning on the surface of the horizon. I was briefly confused but he knew better.

“It’s jellyfish season.” He whispered to me and pointed on the obvious swarm of my beloved creatures in front of my eyes.

“Jellyfishing.” I smiled as I remembered how I would always ask him before to come with me to watch this peculiar phenomenon. I loved them, these heartless creatures of the ocean. He never understood but I did not expect for him to pay so much attention to this seemingly absurd fact about me.

“Happy Birthday!!!” and a group of voices called out roaring with the thunder. I looked back and saw the rest of them carrying orange balloons and throwing glittering confetti at me.

“Eric Hyung kept reminding us about it this whole week! Of course we will never miss this one!” Junjin Oppa is fast with his confession about the mastermind.

“I even got those flowers for you! Do you like it?” Minwoo Oppa told me while he is pointing at the flowers on the side of the road.

I am still confused and unable to respond. Is it really my birthday?

“I think our darling is not aware that today is her birthday.Tsk, Tsk.” Dongwan Oppa pinched my chin while he began removing strands of confetti that were stuck on my hair; well he was the one who threw them at me anyways.

“Hey we better hurry up. It will be raining anytime soon. I cooked something delicious for you.” Andy Oppa said with a very warm smile, he was still wearing an apron as well as I can see.

A cold drop of water from the sky hit my poker face. This was the first time that someone prepared something like this for me. I cannot believe it. I was really caught off guard.  Since I do not have a biological older brother, my senses were not prepared for this sort of perk.

I did my best to recover.

“Thank you!!! Seriously!!! THANK YOU!!!” my lungs hurt as I try my hardest not to choke with tears.

They gave me the warmest and stickiest group hug that I ever received in my whole life of existence before the rain poured without mercy. It was an instinct for us to run towards the shelter waiting for us but, since it was a special day to be celebrated – siblings got to be siblings under the rain.

In the middle of our laughter, that day became something more exceptional than just my birthday..

“I didn’t know you liked jellyfish. I thought Eric was just fooling around with me when he asked me to come and look for this place with him. Hahaha! I hope this made you happy.” Hyesung Oppa seemed satisfied to know that it wasn’t a trap at all.

“You’re working because you are happy and it should never be the other way around.” Eric Oppa playfully followed behind me saying serious words with an accomplished expression.

“Thank you for reminding me Oppa, I really appreciate it.” – and yes, they did not forget.