The Past

In The Mood For Love (Oh! Boy Series/Flower Boy Series tvN)

Scrolling through my cellphone
For the twentieth time today
Reading the text you sent me again
Though I memorized anyway

So-hee was walking down the streets on Christmas eve alone, snow softly falling down on her. She sighed as she looked up the sky and several flashbacks rushed to her that night.

"In-su ah!" So-hee called out. She stopped in her tracks as she spots her so-called boyfriend at the festival after all — with another girl. "I-In-su ah? W-who is she?" So-hee asked, tears threatening to fall from her face. The girl spoke up and tells her that she is In-su's new girlfriend. She asks In-su and he meekly confirms the truth, that he was dating this girl for a while, even back when he was with So-hee. She’s about to walk away coolly, telling him to have a nice life, until the girl makes a barbed comment about how she expected So-hee to cause a scene. So back she turns, to point out that the girl actually knows her, that they went to school together, that she should be addressing her as a sunbae instead of pretending to be a stranger. Picking up the water balloon, she demonstrates how to throw it properly — right into the girl’s face. (Who wails, “My nose! It hasn’t even been set for that long!”) Watching in the crowd, Ba-wool looks at So-hee, seeing tears fall from her face as she walks away. 

It was an afternoon in December
When it reminded you of the day
When we bumped into each other
But you didn’t say hi cause I looked away

On the other hand, Ba-wool was walking on his own as well, still meddled in his past. He remembered of how he met his ex-girlfriend, Sae-yeon.

And maybe that was the
Biggest mistake of my life
And maybe I have not moved on
Since that night

He was at home, on his laptop, thinking of her. He wanted to see her so badly and so he ran out of his apartment, on his way to meet her. Unbeknownst to him, someonw was already taking advantage of his girl. Soon, he finally reached her unit and entered her passcode. But he feels that something was going on that he didn't know. 'She won't cheat on me, right?' He thought as he entered her passcode and opened her door. He hears moans coming from her room and he knew that his hunch was right. He silently looks at her and sees his best friend making out with her. She sees him looking at her and sends an apologetic look towards him. He looks away and runs out of her apartment and into the Han River, crying his heart out, asking why she did that to him. A few months later, he meets Sae-yeon in the Han River and confronts her. Sae-yeon tells him she's pregnant with his best friend's child. He stands up and tells her to go and leave. He tells her that he's letting her go and that he wants nothing to do with her anymore. With that, he leaves her staring at him as he walks away.