don't move on

restless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

heo youngji + lee hongbin (and a little pinch of wang jackson)

it’s been a few months since they broke up. heo youngji and lee hongbin were a famous campus couple but somehow things changed. how? heo youngji doesn’t know either. one day, he just looked at her differently. his eyes used to be full of love, but that day, it’s as if he was looking at nothing.

they agreed to stay as friends. she knows it’ll be hard but it’s better than being strangers. a week after they broke up, the girls in their school started flirting with hongbin every single time. she acted as if she didn’t care. fortunately, she convinced everyone. everyone except for herself.

she hated herself for not being able to move on as quick as he. she hated herself for not knowing the reason why they ended up like this. she hated herself for not being good enough.

“heo youngji!” she turned around and saw a glimpse of wang jackson. a boy from hongkong who she has been friends with as long as she can remember. he was a fencing athlete and on top of that, he’s good looking, so he’s popular too.

she stopped on her tracks and waited for him with a wide smile on her face. “wang jack–“ she wasn’t able to finish her words when jackson pinched her cheeks. she wasn’t sure why he liked pestering her cheeks, but one thing's for sure, it was painful. “YAH!”

jackson giggled as youngji’s cheeks turned red from his pinching. “you look cute.”

youngji caressed her cheek and pouted, “i think everyone knows that. duh.” she shoved her books towards jackson before she walked towards their classroom. “hey slowpoke! walk faster will ya?” she shouted.

+

her loud voice caught his attention. being together with her for three years, he was sure it was her voice even without seeing her face. he peeked behind his locker and saw her with a big smile on her face. the fact that he isn’t the one she was smiling at seemed to bother him.

“hongbin-ah!” a girl with jet black hair and sharp features hugged hongbin, he doesn’t seem to be bothered by it but he doesn’t seem to like it either. the girl noticed where hongbin’s attention was shifted at. she rolled her eyes and pouted, “why are you looking at heo youngji?”

hongbin stared at the girl, his eyes wide, “i am not looking at her. i was just bothered by the fact she’s shouting in the corridors early in the morning. if you don’t believe me, i don’t care. we’re just friends anyway.”

he freed himself from the girl’s hug, “let’s go to class, park jiyeon.”

jiyeon nodded, “okay then!” 

as soon as jiyeon and hongbin arrived at the classroom, youngji and jackson’s loud voices welcomed them. youngji and jackson were bickering yet again. their bickerings made people wonder if they were dating. hongbin was one of those who wondered but didn’t bother to ask.

“yah heo youngji” jiyeon shouted as she made her way through her seat, “don’t be so noisy.”

youngji furrowed her eyebrows and saw hongbin beside jiyeon. he was already looking at his book, paying no attention to her. well why would he pay attention to her ex-girlfriend anyways?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter