Chapter2

His Cinderella

"Wake up Hanuel! We need to prepare breakfast!" I was awoken by EunJi shaking and screaming into my ear. I took a glance at the clock on the bedside table, 5:00A.M. "I'm going to take a shower, Ji can you start without me? I'll be down in a few," I said as I picked up my new school uniform and grabbed my towel. EunJi nodded and headed downstairs to prepare breakfast for the the Song family.

"New day, new start," I said to myself with a sigh while glancing into the mirror looking at my now short hair. I brushed my teeth and hopped into the shower, chattering my teeth at the ice cold water. After I was done showering I headed downstairs to hep EunJi prepare breakfast.

"So what are we making?" I asked leaning on the counter as I watched EunJi beat the eggs. "Porridge." she answered. I measured the rice and started to wash and cook it. After we finished making breakfast I grabbed my bag, an apple and of course EunJi and walked to school.

"I really hope that the teachers don't give much work, I'm really afraid that we won't keep up with the school work and house work," EunJi said striking up a conversation.

"Yeah I hope so too..." I replied half-heartedly 'But, I'm more afraid of how Jin Hee would torture me..' I thought. The whole way to school was in silence.We got at school and went to the office to retrieve my schedule. "My first period is History how bout' you Neul ah?" EunJi said as she glanced at her schedule 

"Physics, I have all my classes with Jin Hee right?" I said glancing  at EunJi.

"Yeah, you do,Oh and I heard from the office that we have a new student, and it's a guy," EunJi informed me. 'Great, another student in the school to bully me,' I thought as I sighed audibly. As we walked down the hallways students stared wide eyed at my hair some even started gossiping and snickering with their friends. "Ignore them Haneul, don't let them ruin your mood," EunJi assured me as she flashed me a warm smile. 

"Thanks Ji ah I really appreciate it," I smiled back at her. "Here's my class see you next period," EunJi waved at me as she dissapear into class 107. I glnced at my schedule, "Class 113, Mr Hwang," I mumbled. 108,109......112,113. I stood outside the classroom and heaved a heavy breath and pushed the door open. The class stopped what they were doing and stared at me. 

3,2,1 I counted down and they started laughing and pointing at my hair. "Oooh Jin Hee's little maid got a haircut! Now she looks even more ugly" "Hahaha She probably thought she would look more appealing with short hair but god was she wrong hahahah" all sorts of insults were thrown my way as I made my way to my seat. EunJi's word flew back into my mind "Ignore them Neul, don't show them how weak you are," I mumbled. 

Bang! The door slammed open there stood no other than the drama queen Song Jin Hee. "Welcome back Jin Hee!" "Did you have a good holiday Jin Hee?" "Omo you look so stunning today Jin Hee ah" The students immediately showered her with attention.

Before Jin Hee had the chance to insult me Mr Hwang stepped into the classroom. "Good morning, I hope you had a marvellous break, there is a new student joining us this semester so treat him well ne?Come in Mr Kim"  whispers broke throughout the whole classroom as a pretty attractive I must admit brown-haired boy stepped into the classroom. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Taehyung imnida, please call me V," the boy introduced himself. 'Why V? Such a weird name' I thought. girls started giggling at his deep voice. "Choose a seat Mr Kim," He glanced around the classroom and his gaze landed on the seat next to me. I was praying that he sat somewhere else as he started walking towards me.

"V! sit next to me don't sit next to that she's pure evil!" Jin Hee exclaimed tugging on V's wrist pleading him to sit next to her. "I'm sorry but I don't do clingy girls I'd rather sit next to the evil one than the ," he spat coldly at Jin Hee and snatched his wrist away from her grasp. " And don't touch me," he said wiithout turning back at her and sat on the empty seat next to me.Everyone was silent unable to process that a guy turned down their Princess and rather harshly.

"Now class please pay attention," Mr Hwang said clearing his throat. Jin Hee threw one last glare at me and stomped her way back to her seat. "Pssst, hey," V whispered. "uhm, are you talking to me?" I awkwardly responded. "Of course dummy is there anyone else, anyways whats your name? We could be friends maybe, I mean we're already seatmates aan-" "Sure, I'm Lee Hanuel nice to meet you V," I said chuckling a little at his rambling. "Uhmm great...You can call me Tae if you want..." he said shyly as he rubbed the back of his neck. The rest of the class was then continued in silence.