Beautiful-2

Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After resting for a month and a half, Woohyun was more than ready to kick together with his soccer team mates. He had tried to find out from the nurses about Moonbyul everytime he returned for reviews but to no avail. Woohyun always wished that for once, the hospital staff could go against their professional ethics and divulge a patient's information. Each visit was a disappointment in return and Woohyun began to drop the idea that he would get her information and meet her again. “Hey Woohyun! Welcome back!” His thoughts was cut when all his team mates smacked hard on his back and squashed him with hugs. Woohyun displayed his trademark kiddish grin and ran along with the guys to do their stretching exercise. The name “Moonbyul” was temporary forgotten and pushed to the back of his head.

 

 

The whole soccer team rubbed their full stomachs after the heavy meal with several plates of BBQ meat, seafood, side dishes and every one of them had 3 bowls of rice each. After downing with glasses of beer, their stomachs were ready to explode and they took it a sign to stop stuffing themselves with food. The coach shook his head at the big eaters and regretted bringing them for dinner as a celebration treat after winning their match today. He pulled out the bills from his wallet and parted with them with water forming in his eyes. Woohyun giggled softly at the sight while holding his soccer buddy whose face kept falling onto the table as he had too much of a drink. After shoving the drunk buddy with a more sober senior into the same cab, Woohyun waved goodbye to his coach who was running late for his date. Woohyun decided to walk for a distance before calling a cab to ease the over fed stomach and he thought walking helped in digestion. Woohyun saw someone familiar in front of him and immediately chased the figure he had been longing for. He overtook the person and blocked the way. He gave a wide smile that faltered once he saw that it was not that beautiful face that always flashed across his mind. “Sorry.” Woohyun bowed with embarrassment and made way for the shocked lady to pass through. The now sulky guy dragged his feet along the pavement under the street lights. His mind was full of her face and her meek smiles. He gave an annoyed grunt and shut his eyes tight. “Ouch!” Woohyun had clumsily collided to a lamppost and fell on the ground flat on his face. “Oh my goodness! Are you all right?” A pair of hands had flung under his arm to support him to get up. Woohyun was totally red as a tomato with pain on his nose and cheeks. He quickly touched his face and pulled out his phone to turn on his camera and analysed his whole face for any injury. “Well, your face is still intact. You do not have to get excessively worried over it.” Woohyun was startled to hear a soft voice beside him and remembered the kind stranger. He swung to the side and bowed with face down to avoid the stranger spotting the embarrassing red patches on his face. “Thank you for helping me!” “It is all right.” Woohyun noted the pair of feet moving away and he shot up to catch a glimpse of the person. He stood at his spot, eyes blinking away and mouth unable to form a sentence. His arm stretched out to reach the kind stranger's shoulder who had turned around, surprised with the guy's action. Their gazes met. “You!”

 

 

The 2 persons sitting opposite each other were busy with their own business. Woohyun was stirring his cup of coffee seriously and Moonbyul was poking her smoothie with straw ever so focus. Moonbyul was dragged by the eager guy to the nearby restaurant after both of them acknowledged each other. 'To do some catch up' was what Woohyun said and got the girl to ditch her chauffeur and followed him. Woohyun was suddenly a nervous wreck opposite the beautiful stranger that he had been looking forward to meet since 2 months back. He had a string of questions to ask her but he had been swallowing his words and pushed the lump in his throat down everytime he gained his courage to spit a word. Nothing came out and since his beautiful girl was not looking his way, he lowered his head dejectedly, attempting to gather his courage once again. A surprise reunion after over a month had caused them to drift apart and awkward quietness. “I am done with my drink. I should get going.” Woohyun was desperate when Moonbyul grabbed her bag and prepared to leave. Without second thoughts, he grabbed the girl's wrist and rose to stand in her way. “Give me your number? And... And I miss you.”

 

 

“Nam Woohyun! Stop dazing!” “The ball! Nam!!” The said guy fell onto the ground with nose bleeding. For the second time in 2 months, Woohyun was hospitalised again. This time, the ball came bouncing off his face and within a split second, Woohyun felt everything black. After he regained conscious, the coach began his reprimanding, followed by a series of nagging episodes. Woohyun had not been able to concentrate on his practices and often drifting away from the field or day dreaming and missed the ball which was passed to him by his team mates. He was just standing like a statue in the middle of the field when the ball came flying fiercely towards him. Woohyun stared at the ceiling and recalled that night when he sent Moonbyul off that evening. The pale skin girl was silent after Woohyun asked for her number. She averted her eyes to somewhere and whispered. “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter