Untangled

Who Are You: School 2015
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbyul leaned her head against the window and looked out of the plane. She could just barely discern the buildings of Korea in the night sky.

6 months since she'd left. It wasn't very long, but it was long enough for Eunbi and Yi An to start something new, and she'd left because she knew she would be unable to see someone who looks just like her with the guy she'd been in love with for the past 10 years, even if she did owe both of them at least that.

Welcome back to Korea, Go Eunbyul.

"Why are you always with him? Is he your boyfriend, or am I?" Yi An yelled at Eunbi. Arguments with Yi An was not foreign to her, and more often than not, they revolved around a certain Gong Taekwang.

"We were just having lunch together." She answered softly, tears welling up in her eyes and a pain stung as she forced the tears back.

"Well why didn't you have lunch with Songjoo and Shijin instead? Why only the both of you?" 

"Taekwang insisted on eating with me! I didn't see anything wrong with —"

"You didn't see anything wrong?" Yi An scoffed.

"Why are you being so ridiculous Yi An! It was just lunch!" Eunbi raised her voice. "Maybe we should break up." 

"Fine."

I am okay. 

Eunbi keyed the text message and sent it to Taekwang. In less than a minute, her phone was ringing with Gong Taekwang on the display screen and she slid the green arrow before putting the phone to her ear.

"What happened?" Taekwang asked in a gentle tone. He knew she playing the opposite game when she sent the text. She wasn't okay.

"We broke up." 

The words, her very tone, sent a chill down him. She didn't sound like she was crying. Her pronunciation was all too clear, but she sounded so dead.

"I'm coming." were his last words before he hung up.

10 minutes later, he was outside Eunbi's house, ringing the doorbell incessantly, while catching his breath. Eunbi's mum finally opened up the door and he ran up straight to her room. In the past 6 months, he had come to her house so often that her mother no longer questioned his reason for coming, even if there were times when he came at 3 in the morning just because he wanted to see Eunbi's face. Eunbi's mother just thought he was a quirky boy, and he played that to his advantage well.

He knocked on her door three times, and when it was clear she wasn't going to open up, he walked in without invitation. Taekwang found her lying on her bed, eyes swollen-red from crying while hugging the bear Yi An had given her. He sat himself on the bed gently, and ran his fingers th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter