Chapter 2 – DJ Seul feat. DJ Baechu

Hear My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 – DJ Seul feat. DJ Baechu

 

 

Her favourite crisp white long sleeved shirt paired with casual boyfriend jeans, topped off with comfortable navy sneakers, Bae Irene was ready for whatever the world was going to throw at her today.

 

She checked her reflection in the mirror again for the last time before she had to leave for the radio station to meet the production team.

 

“You got this alright? You will ace this Bae Irene!”

 

Plastering on her megawatt smile, she left her apartment b with confidence. Nothing could bring her down today. She smiled brightly as she headed inside the car her company prepared for her.

 

“Wow Irene, I never knew you could smile like this outside of the filming location, people might just fall for you if they see this side of you…”

 

Shocked would be an understatement for Wendy when she saw the look of determination coupled with a tint of gratitude on Irene the minute she entered.

 

Is this actually why she has millions of fans in Korea?

 

Her smile.

 

I never realized how beautiful it could be.

 

Wendy shook her thoughts away as she cleared , preparing to brief Irene on her schedule today.

 

“Today, you have to meet with the production team in charge of every radio show and just basically introduce and familiarize yourself with the place!” Wendy chimed as she looked at the focused Irene.

 

“Oh and you also get to view a live radio conducted by your partner-to-be and get acquainted after her show! Her name is Kang Seulgi I believe I briefed you slightly on this already?”

 

Irene nodded as she sipped on the Iced Americano that Wendy got her.

 

“Okay that’s about it, get some rest! I’ll wake you up again when we arrive!”

 

The brunette smiled at her manager as she leaned herself against the headrest.

 

I’m ready for this.

 

-

 

“Irene, we’re here!”

 

Wendy gently prodded the sleepy celebrity as Irene rubbed her eyes blearily. They have arrived at the KBS building and in less than an hour, she would meet the people she would be working with for quite some time.

 

Irene was nervous yet excited at the same time.

 

She clung onto Wendy’s forearm as they made their way up the elevator to sign her contract. The firm grasp on her manager gave her somewhat a sense of comfort as she relaxed slightly.

 

They entered the meeting room and a middle-aged man sat in a chair comfortably.

 

“Irene Bae, welcome to KBS Kiss K FM, I am Lee Jung Wook, supervisor for this radio program.” The man said heartily as he shook Irene’s hand.

 

“Hello Mr. Lee, I am Bae Irene and it is my pleasure to work with you and your team for the next few months or so!” Irene looked up at Mr. Lee and smiled.

 

“Please take care of me!” the brunette bowed.

 

“You’re not as rude as the rumours make you out to be, Ms. Bae!” he smiled as Irene signed the contract. “Come along now, I’ll introduce you to the team!” Mr. Lee chuckled.

 

“You can call me Irene, Mr. Lee, since we’ll be working together for awhile.”

 

Mr. Lee nodded as he led Irene and Wendy to the recording studios.

 

Inside the room, many were hustling and moving around simultaneously, setting up for the radio show that was going to air in about 15 minutes. Irene was amazed at how much effort it took for one radio show to happen, when it might not even be bora. The dedication of the crew was admirable and she smiled genuinely at the sight.

 

At least I’ll be working with people who genuinely have passion for their craft…

 

Mr. Lee was glancing around, as if searching for someone. Irene followed his gaze and it landed on a woman around her age, decked in a black hoodie and ripped jeans, along with a baseball cap.

 

“There you are Seulgi-yah, I have someone to introduce to you!”

 

The woman looked familiar, as though Irene had seen her somewhere before. Kang Seulgi had her head bowed down while reading her script intently. She didn’t even notice Irene’s presence and literally walked into the said girl.

 

“I’m so sorry!”

 

The girl finally looked up at Irene as she checked the celebrity for any signs of injury.

 

To Irene, it felt like a certain sense of déjà vu poured down on her.

 

Did this happen to me recently? Why does it seem so familiar?

 

Irene was in a daze as Seulgi waved her hands animatedly in front of the brunette, trying to get her attention.

 

It suddenly struck Irene.

 

“Oh my god, you were the one who rammed into me with a supermarket trolley that day at the supermarket!” Irene said as she glared accusingly at the shocked DJ.

 

Mr. Lee and Wendy could only look in amusement from the sidelines at the comedic duo. They shared a look and there was a silent mutual understanding that the duo would match well in terms of chemistry.

 

Irene suddenly forgot where she was as she started to hit Seulgi for the pain she caused her. Till today she had a medicine plaster pasted on her back, thanks to this dumb dimwit in front of her.

 

“Yah yah please stop hitting me!!!” Seulgi was trying to dodge all of Irene’s attacks as her eyes begged Mr. Lee to intervene, only to be met with a shrug.

 

“You inconsiderate little thing!!! My back hurts so much because of you!!!”

 

Seulgi was going crazy.

 

She knew today would be a bad day the minute she walked out of her home this morning and a crow took a dump in her freshly brewed coffee.

 

She thought things couldn’t get any worse but Heaven sent this hurricane, whom she doesn’t even know the name of, to further destroy her life.

 

Dramatic.

 

But true.

 

Seulgi finally grabbed hold of Irene’s wrist and stopped the hail of abuse raining down on her. Irene glared at the black haired girl, totally giving off the aura of an ice princess.

 

“Okay, hello. I believe I have yet to introduce myself thanks to the extremely warm welcome you have given me…” Seulgi said as she stared at Irene.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter