The Letter

Devil Beside You

Chapter 1  : The Letter

*****

Screams could be heard everywhere inside the indoor basketball court at Hanbook college, almost all the girls or maybe fangirls at the stadium screams every time the members of the basketball team shoot a ball.

“Whoaa he is so cool!” Hyukjae clasped his hand, when he saw the captain a.k.a his crush shoot the ball. He watched the game intently ignoring his two best friend who covered their ears with both of their hand since the fangirls’ screams was so loud.

The match ended without they knew it, the winner was of course Hanbook’s basketball team because if they were lost, Hyukjae wouldn’t be smiling like this. The trio walkes outside the court, they were actually skipped the last subject because Hyukjae threw his so called puppy eyes so his best friend had no choice except accompanying him to watch the game.

“Honestly Hyukkie, I don’t think I can survive if I watch another basketball match” Kibum said as he wiped the sweat that was formed on his forehead. Hyukjae looked at his best friend

“Why??” he frowned, the match was so fun to watch.

“Seriously, my ear hurts hearing the loud scream from the fan girls. Didn’t they understand that no matter how loud they scream, the team won’t even care”

Hyukjae pouted, “Don’t you know that fangirls is so important to the team, they cheered them up” he said earning a look from Kibum.

“Are you a fan girl?”

“What? No! I’m a boy!” Hyukjae exclaimed. Kibum and Taemin shook their head at their best friend antics. It’s been two years since Hyukjae told them that he has a crush toward the basketball captain, Choi Siwon. And since then he keep talking even stalking the said guy.

.

.

.

The trio sat at their favorite coffee shop near the college, doing their usual stuff whenever they are together. Kibum read his favorite books, Taemin watching and browsing his favorite girl group on Youtube while Hyukjae kept blabbering about the captain. 

Kibum closed the book and stared at his best friend intently making Hyukjae stop his blabbering mode.

“I think you have to tell him about your feeling Hyukkie” he said.

“What? Who?”

Kibum rolled his eyes, “Of course Choi Siwon, who else?”

Taemin nodded in response. “Yes hyung, I think you should confess”

“Aish, I don’t even know if he like a guy too or not. I’m sure he is straight, I saw him dating with a cheerleader member once”

“So are you going to keep it until you die?”

“But… what if …”

“Tell him as soon as possible!”

“But Bummie, I don’t think I can handle being rejected”

Kibum sighed, “It’s better than you regretted yourself because you never confess”

“You are right…”

They all fell silence, Hyukjae sipped his strawberry latte while thinking how to confess his love to the captain, while Kibum started reading the new page of his book and Taemin busying himself stalking one of the girl group’s member’s Instagram account.

“Guys… help me. How to confess… I mean I don’t know how to face him” Hyukjae groaned while pulling his hair.

Kibum sighed for the nth times and closed his book again, his best friend really had no confidence. Aish. He nudged Taemin making the younger turned his attention to him.

“What?”

“Taemin-ah stop looking at your laptop, help me~” Hyukjae pouted, who’s the maknae here actually?

“I know the best way to confess hyung”

Hyukjae’s eyes sparkled in instant, he held Taemin’s hand. “How? Tell me, tell me!”

Kibum leaned closer, he was wondering too

“Letter. A love letter!”


 

Hyukjae standing nervously with a blue letter in his hand. Holding it tightly like all his life depended on it. He looked at his two best friend who was hiding behind the big pillar at the side of the building.

After thinking all night he was finally decided to confess today, whatever happened later he was not going to regret it. He was waiting at the law faculty building because Siwon took a law major, he had two class today, Hyukjae already checked it so here he was waiting outside the building. And about the blue letter in his hand, he knows that a love letter supposed to be colored in pink or any sweet color but hell… it’s too girly and blue is his favorite color after all.

Hyukjae straightened his body when he saw Siwon walking to the building, he turned to his best friend and mouthing if he is really need to do this or not, his heart thumped like crazy. Kibum and Taemin mouthed ‘fighting’ ‘okay Hyukjae this is it’

Siwon was only a few steps away from him, he took a breath… here we go. He closed his eyes and turned his back before straightened his hand to give him the letter.

“Siwon-ssi, this is for you...” he gave it while bowed his head.

In short awhile he can feel the letter was taken away from his hand and his heart was thumped like crazy, he heard his friend’s gasp.

“Thank you.”

Uh? What? It  didn’t seems like Siwon’s voice.... he looked up and see a guy smirking at him, he turned to the right... Siwon was walking inside the building, he turned his face to his friends and they were looking worriedly at him. He looked to the guy in front of him again before screaming and ran in embarrasment.

.

.

.

.

 

“My chance to confess is gone huhuhu” Hyukjae was crying at his failure to confess today. Taemin patted his back, “Hyung, seriously... why are you so stupid?” the maknae asked earning a hit from Kibum.

“Ya! He is your hyung. But.. Taemin is right, you are really stupid.”

“It’s not helping guys... huhu” he sobbed,

“I mean like how can you give it to the wrong person.”

“I don’t know”

“That’s why... when you confess, you need to face him, see him with your own eyes geez”

“Huhu that’s harsh kibummie... you suppossed to comfort me. I’m your best friend.” Hyukjae looked up and stared at Kibum with his red eyes. Kibum sighed, his best friend is really stupid and clumsy when it comes to love.

“Okay, okay. We can try again the day after tomorrow. Siwon have a practice right?” he suggested and Hyukjae’s face brightened in instant.

“But hyung, where is the letter?”

The older gasped at Taemin’s question. Right, where is the letter... the last time he remembered the letter was at the brunette guy earlier.

“Uh, t-the letter...”

Kibum rolled his eyes. “Don’t tell me you didn’t take it back from him hyukkie...”

And both Kibum and Taemin facepalmed when they saw Hyukjae smiling innocently.

“I will meet him and take it back” he exclaimed.

“Do you even know who the guy earlier?”

“Uhm... No.”

“Gosh Hyukjae. Taemin-ah tell him.”

Hyukjae turned his face to Taemin, and he could see the younger sighed before telling him that the guy earlier is Lee Donghae, the school bully who lead a gang named Avengers who like to create trouble in Hanbook college.

“He is the same age like you Taemin-ah, so it’s easy them i’m the senior anyway” Hyukjae said confidently.

“Trust me hyung, even seniors are all scared of him.” Taemin said.

Hyukjae frowned, if the student created many troubles why the school didn’t expel him. “Then why he didn’t get expelled?”

“His father is the owner of this college” Kibum stated. Ugh, that guy is a spoiled boy then.

“And that’s mean you are in trouble hyung...”

“Then what should i do...?” Hyukjae hit his own head to the table, “Why am i stupid?”

Kibum rolled his eyes again, “see you realize that you are stupid now.”

“Kibummie~”

“Aish. Now try looking outside the building, maybe he throw your letter somewhere... better search it quickly before someone find it.”

Hyukjae nodded, he ran outside the building, maybe that brat is not interested and throw his letter somewhere, he need to find it before other student find the letter and making fun of him, oh no no... why it’s raining -_-

Hyukjae pulled up his hoodie and ran to the law faculty. The rain is not really hard, only a drizzle so he can see the surrounding perfectly. He looked around, trying to find a glimpse of blue letter. He squated and trying to find it near the college’s park where the students usually hang out, maybe that Lee Donghae throw it here, it’s possible right? Uh fighting Hyukjae!

.

.

“Uhm, did you lose something?”

Hyukjae was surprised when someone suddenly beside him holding an umbrella, he looked up and his eyes widened when he found that it’s no other than Siwon.

“Hello?” the guy waved his hand in front of Hyukjae when the latter only stared at his face.

“is there something wrong with my face?” he asked again. Hyukjae shook his head finally come back to his mind. “Uh no...”

“Ah I see.. so did you lose something? It’s raining... maybe i can help.” Siwon said with a super handsome dimple smile planted on his face.

“Yes, a let—ah no i mean a pencil.” Hyukjae kind of proud of himself because he managed to save himself from telling Siwon that he was looking for a letter who supposed to be a love letter for the said guy. Omg why he is so handsome~

“Is the pencil really special? I mean the rain is getting harder, maybe you can try looking for it later or i can lend you one, i have extra pencil in my bag.”

Hyukjae blushed, from the embarrassment and the smile Siwon gave him. He embarrassed, thinking Siwon must be laughing inside that he drenched in the rain for a pencil.

“Uh i guess, i will try to find it later.”

“That’s better.” Siwon smiled, he opened her bag and took a pencil from his pencil case.

“Here, you can have one. I need to go, see you... uhm..”

“Hyukjae, my name is Hyukjae.” Hyukjae took the pencil from Siwon.

“Ah yes, see you again Hyukjae. I’m Siwon by the way.” He said before running to his teammates who calling him from the law building.

“Thank you Siwon!” The basketball captain turned around and waved. How Hyukjae was melted by the action, he thought today was his unlucky day but guess the fortune God is still on his side...

Hyukjae smiled and kissed the pencil before running back to his friends, completely forgot about his missing letter.

 


 

A/N: Sorry for the grammar errors. deciding by the votes i decided to write it as . so enjoy :)