My Next Model

My Next Model - Sungjun

A deep breath slowly released from your lips once you closed the heavy door behind you, clutching your purse in your hand, you slowly pulled the strap over your shoulder and closed your eyes. Knocking your head back gently, your head hit the wall while your eyes slowly closed. Clicking your tongue against the roof of your mouth, you pushed yourself upright and moseyed down the long hallway while the sun basked through the large windows of the modeling agency.

Running your fingers through your hair, you couldn’t help but feel like you failed hopelessly in front of the most prestigious model company in your country. Rubbing your hands up and down your arms, your mind wondered to your fall back career, what you would do now, if you would regret anything. Knowing you had done your best; you just shook your head and slowly stepped down the stairs to the main lobby.

A buzzing sounded from your phone, pulling it out of your purse, you looked at the incoming message, pushing through the front glass doors, your eyes dropped to the opened message.

How did it go?- S

I don’t know, I tried my best but they will let me know tonight sometime…

Another sigh spilled from your lips once the cool air brushed over your skin, allowing your screen to go dark, you folded your arms and held your phone in your hand waiting his usually quick replies.

I am sure you did great, why don’t you come over to my place so you don’t have to wait alone? – S

Okay, I will be over as soon as I can

Replying to your modeling coach, you slipped your phone back into your purse before you headed towards his place. Worries that you didn’t make it continued to haunt you, everything that you worked to get here, all of the hard work seemed like it was for nothing. Shaking your head gently, you tried to shake the negative thoughts out of your head. Taking one step at a time, you maneuvered around the city, pulling open the large black doors to Sungjun’s place

“They still have time to call, they still have time” You whispered to yourself as you pushed the button for the elevator to take you up to Sungjun’s place. Shifting your weight from one foot to the other, your fingers slowly played with each other as you pulled out your phone making sure you didn’t put it on silent.

The ding of the elevator welcomed you to the correct floor, stepping onto the floor, you headed down the hallway to his door, lifting your hand you slowly knocked as you just couldn’t shake your mind from the audition that you thought you failed.

“Hey _____” Sungjun called almost too cheerfully while he opened the door, reading your facial expression as you entered, he closed the door behind you and gently rested his hand on your arm. “Did you hear from them yet?” He questioned wondering if you didn’t get chosen.

“No not yet” You shook your head gently while you slipped your feet from your heels.

“Come on, let’s get your mind off of it while you wait” He patted your shoulder, “Would you be up to a Green Tea Smoothie?”

“Are you making it?” You cooed in a teasing manner, stepping inside, you looked around his apartment, noticing how the furniture never changed and everything always looked pristine.

“I was going to, but if you want to make it you are more than welcome to” He offered as you just shook your head and shuffled over to the large windows of his place that looked over the city below.

“Why do you always have the prettiest of views?” You wondered out loud, your hand gently pressing against the glass.

“That is a persons’ opinion I guess” He chuckled, “I am glad you enjoy it, I enjoy the lights over the city the most”

The grinding of the blender filled the silence as you watched the cars below move slowly; their headlights and brake lights playing follow the leader as your eyes tried to keep your mind occupied. Eventually, the grinding blender stopped as Sungjun poured the Green Tea smoothie into two tall glasses.

“This will help relax you” He gently nudged your arm with his elbow, turning around; you nodded to him and took a glass from his hands. “You’re nervous, aren’t you?”

“I’m more than nervous, I am scared, Sunggie” You turned to him; your fear filled eyes met his kind ones as you your lips gently.

“Why are you scared?” He slowly slipped his hand into yours

“I have never wanted something more in my life, but… what if the sacrifices I made were in vain? What if I don’t get this modeling job… what do I do then? What will I do with my life, what other dreams do I have…” You dropped your eyes as a tear slowly rolled down your cheek.

“Hey…” Sungjun brought you into a side hug and rests his head on yours, “Don’t think like that, you will get this job and you will become everything and more of what your dreams entailed.”

“How do you know that?” You whispered, feeling another tear slide down your cheek.

“Well for one, you are far too beautiful not to be chosen” He looked down at you, your eyes lifted as you felt your cheeks turn warm. “Two, you have the best modeling coach in the world~”

“Y-Yah” You lifted your head and swatted at his chest causing him to chuckle.

“It is true” He tipped his head towards you before sipping a little of his drink slowly.

The tone of your phone rang as you froze, your heart instantly picked up pace as you pulled your phone out and saw it was the modeling company.

“What do I do?” You questioned with your shaking voice.

“You answer it” He slid his finger across the screen and lifted the phone up to your ear.

“Yoboseo?” The woman on the other line cooed

“Hello” You answered

“Is this ____ _____?” The woman clearified

“It is” You looked at Sungjun as you placed your glass down on the table before taking his hand tightly in yours.

“I am just getting back to you on your results from your audition” She started as you nodded your head while biting your lip, trying to decipher if you got it or not. “We would be honored if you came tomorrow to show a few outfits for us.”

In an instant, your eyes brightened as Sungjun held your hand tightly, “Yes! I would love to, I’ll see you tomorrow”

“See you tomorrow” With that the phone call ended as Sungjun let the phone fall from your ear.

“See? You did it” His tone was quiet but proud as tears swelled up in your eyes. Bringing your arms around him, you pressed yourself against him as you closed your eyes feeling like you were on top of the world.

“I did” You choked out with a victorious laugh following. Hugging him tightly, you felt his arms wrap around you and hold you securely against him.

“I am so proud of you” Placing a kiss on the top of your head, you pulled away as he kissed your forehead.

“Do coaches usually do this to their pupils?” You questioned, tilting your head slightly to one side.

“No usually, but you are a special case. A very special case in deed” He whispered as you melted back into his arms, your heart calmed back to a comfortable pace while your eyes closed to soak up this moment.

Landing a modeling job, getting a hug and a kiss from your best friend, and watching all of your dreams come true; there is nothing that you would change and nowhere else you would rather be.