The Stars In Her Eyes

The Stars In Her Eyes - SeungGi

Tapping my fingers against the steering wheel I turned my head just slightly to look up at her apartment complex. Pounding my thumb against the leather a few more times, I slowly took in a deep breath before picking up my phone to cheek the time. Bright numbers illuminated on the screen of my phone as my thumb brushed against the smooth surface.

7:15 pm

Turning the screen off, I slid the keys out of the ignition as the dome lights faded on in the car. Releasing the seat belt, I opened the door and stepped out of my ebony car. Closing the door behind me, I lifted my eyes to one of the many lighted rooms, my hands fiddled with the collar on my blazer, dropping my eyes gently, I slipped my fidgeting hands into the pockets of my darker jeans after slipping my keys into one pocket and my phone into another.

“I don’t think she would mind if I picked her up a little early, right?” I mumbled to myself as I noticed another man walking into the building.

Drawing my eyes up and down his figure, I saw his outfit that was generally my outfit, yet he was holding something in his hands. Turning to open the door, I found that he was holding flowers, mentally hitting myself for not thinking straight, I turned back around and opened the driver door again to grab a little box out from the cup holder. 

Flipping the lid up on the box, I smiled down at the gold necklace that sat amongst the white silken cushion, a heart shaped pendent hung from the chain as rubies and diamonds followed the shape of the heart down one side. Lifting the heart up with the tips of my fingers, I slowly traced the figure of the heart with my fingers, removing my fingers, the box snapped closed before I slipped it into my pocket.

Checking the time once more, I took a deep breath and decided to head up to your room as I didn’t know what else to do. Knowing I was still early, I pulled open the glass door slowly and stepped inside to the immaculate lobby. Black leather couches were expertly arranged to show the space, plants were arranged around the couches and the front desk while the dim lights in the lobby highlighted the waterfall that cascaded over one of the walls. My eyes wondered around the beautifully elegant lobby for a minute or two before they found the stairway.

Climbing the stairs, my hand ran along the chilled iron handrail while my heart began beating faster and faster in my chest. Taking a few deep breaths, I finally reached your floor, my wondering eyes looked at the numbers imprinted on each door, the numbers climbed quickly.

Finding myself in front of your door, my hands slid into my pockets while my weight shifted from one foot to the other, dropping my eyes down to my outfit, I adjusted a few things wanting to make them perfect for you. Pulling my phone out from my pocket again, I peered at my reflection through the black screen, repositioning some hairs back into place, I slipped my phone back into my pocket while my free hand lifted up and hit my knuckles against the wood door.

Knocking three times my hand fell back down to my side, my eyes wondered over her door as I tried to compose myself to meet an angel. My heart raced in my chest hearing her heels hit the hard floor in her apartment behind the closed door. Taking in another deep breath, I fixed my hair once more before the door opened to her beautiful smile.

“Hi SeungGi, come on in” She smiled brightly as she opened the door a bit wider for me to enter.

“Thank you, I am sorry I am a little early” I carefully stepped into her place, trying to keep my eyes from wondering around her apartment.

“That is perfectly fine, rather early than late” She smiled brightly as the door closed securely behind me. “Let me just finish getting ready, I’ll just be a few more minutes”

“Take your time” I nodded as she stepped into her own place and trotted back, to what I figured was, to her room.

“Make yourself at home” She called just before she disappeared behind the white door.

Lifting my head up, I looked around her place, rotating my head slowly from one side of her apartment to the other. Seeing how neatly it was maintained and all of her decoration choices along with the books and moves lined along her shelves. A smile crept onto my lips while I slowly moved around your couch and read the bindings of the books. Slipping my hands into my pockets, my hands stumbled upon the box that I placed in there, not too long ago.

Pulling the box out, I opened the lid slowly and twisted the box just slightly as the lights caught the necklace and reflected the light causing the necklace to look exquisite. 

“All ready” She cooed coming out from her bedroom, her fingers finished running through her silken hair as I turned and faced the love of my life.

Scanning her perfect figure with my eyes, the beautiful navy colored dress that ended just above her knees, a light brown leather jack covered her arms and shoulders comfortably tight I focused on your neck to see if you were wearing any jewelry, worried about the box that rested in my hand.

“You look beautiful” I breathed as her hands clasped in front of her blue dress her hair fell forward while her head dropped as I knew I got her blushing. Her cute low heeled ankle boots showed her legs off perfectly as I slightly bit my bottom lip.

“I think this would go with your outfit perfectly” I presented her with the opened box, the necklace sitting proudly against the silk padding inside.

“SeungGi, you didn’t have to” Her voice was quiet as her eyes were glued on the necklace inside.

“I wanted to, for such a beautiful woman as yourself, you deserve something beautiful once and a while” I felt my cheeks blush.

Turning around the box, I carefully unleashed the necklace and unclasped the back, raising my eyes back up to hers, I saw herr kind, soft smile that always made my knees weak. Gathering her hair and pulling it over one of her shoulders, she turned around while I gently wrapped the necklace around her neck. Clasping the necklace around her neck, my fingers slightly brushed over her neck before she turned around. Her eyes glistened like gems as I felt my heart skip a beat just from her gaze.

“Thank you, this is so beautiful” She laid her hand on my arm while her eyes dropped down to the necklace.

“You are very welcome, it looks wonderful on you” I remarked feeling my voice quiet and shy all of a sudden. Nodding of her head, her eyes lifted up to mine causing my mind to go blank.

“Where are we going tonight, love?” Her cute names for me never seemed to make my heart fall for her every single time.

“I know you will love it” I replied with my blank mind, offering my arm to her, she slipped her arm through mine as we both headed outside her apartment for the night.

Trying to keep my breathing steady, I climbed a few flights of stairs with her before we arrived at the top of the building.

“What are we doing up here?” She asked as I held the door open for her.

“I thought we could just enjoy the beautiful night together” I remarked, closing the door behind me as she headed down the few stairs to the concrete flat on the roof.

“You know, I have never been up here in my three years of living downstairs” She confessed as I rejoined her by her side.

“I came up here a few times just to think, and I always loved seeing the sunset then the stars up here. I thought you would enjoy it too” I explained while I lead her over to a wooden bench made for two people.

Sitting next to her on the bench calmed my heart slightly, the beautiful lights started their nightly show across the darkening sky. Chatting about her day and mine, I still couldn’t get over the butterflies that were building in my stomach. Even after a year of dating the woman of my dreams, I still couldn’t get over the feelings that I had the very first day I saw her, the first time we kissed or any of the other firsts’ I shared with her.

A warm hand slipped into mine, snapping me out of my thoughts, I wrapped my hand around her and brought it into my lap, her head eased itself down on my shoulder. Her leg crossed her other one at the knee as I could feel her body gently relaxing against mine.Lifting an arm up and over, I pulled her closer while my hand gently rubbed her arm slowly and smoothly.

Vibrant colors painted across the sky as a grand finale, the ebony sky slowly took over as starts began to show themselves amongst the canvass of the sky. Crawling higher in the sky, the moon hung in a crescent form for the night.

“You’re right, this is very beautiful and nothing less than breathtaking” She whispered as her arms gently wrapped around me.

“You know….” I my lips buying myself time to find the words I really wanted to say. “That is how I feel whenever I am with you.”

I felt your head lift from my shoulder, my eyes shifting over to your form, your hands retracted from around me. My mind raced wondering if I said something wrong, something that you weren’t ready to hear.

“That is how I feel too” Her voice sang as my eyes locked with hers. Lifting one hand up, I brushed her cheek slowly with my thumb while trying to remember this moment forever.

“I love you, ____, with all my heart” I confessed, my voice shaky but sure as her eyes glossed over with a thin coat of tears.

“I love you too” Her voice was just as soft but laced with love. “I never stopped loving you, and I don’t plan on stopping.”

Her confession made me smile as I couldn’t find anything more to say so I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers. Feeling her kiss me back, I moved closer to her, allowing my hands to slide around her sides. Slipping her arms across my shoulders, the kiss was loving and very intimate, this moment with her was just another reason for me to love her, another memory to add to my favorites, another reassurance that she was my one and only, my better half, my soul mate.