Confession

Who are you: School 2015 Romance

Eunbi came back from the dating with Taekwang. She was totally confused. Taekwang confessed to her, again. It was no doubt that Taekwang took care of her very well. She knew it. Whenever she encountered any difficulties or sadness, Taekwang was the first person to notice it. He would then use his “own special way” to lighten up Eunbi’s mood. But Eunbi wasn’t sure about her feelings towards Taekwang. Thankfulness? Or Love.

Lights in the living room were turned off. Her mother and her twin sister, Eunbyul probably slept. She sat on the couch, relaxing her body, but not her mind. There were too many thoughts in her mind that need to be cleared.

“Eunbi, you’re back.” A soft voice appeared, Eunbyul slowly walked down the staircase and smiled warmly to her sister.

“I thought you were slept.” Eunbi created a smile, yet as her twin sister, Eunbyul definitely sensed the smile was not showing happiness.

“How’s the dating?” Eunbyul was smart; she knew what was in her sister’s mind.

“Quite nice…” Eunbi held tight a cushion on the sofa.

The conversation stopped awkwardly while Eunbyul walked to the sofa and sat beside Eunbi. Eunbi hadn’t gone through any romantic relationship before. Although Eunbi and Eunbyul were twin sisters, their life experience, and their characters were totally different.

Eunbyul put her hands on top of Eunbi’s, encouraging her to speak up and share the emotions.

“Eunbyul, do you … like Yian?”

Eunbyul didn’t know how to reply. She’d never thought that the first question her sister asked would be this one.

“Is this question that important to you?”  

Eunbyul knew that Yian loved her since they were small.  Actually, everyone knew. Eunbyul’s friend once made a joke that there were only three things in Yian’s life: Swimming, father and Eunbyul. He swam for Eunbyul, Eunbyul was his motivation.

Eunbyul, at this stage, would admit that she did have feelings towards Yian. However, she clearly knew that Yian loved her more than she loved Yian. Eunbyul was a strong girl. She wouldn’t like to depend on a guy and acted like a stupid in front of him. She could leave Yian, so as to help her sister to revenge. But Yian woudl definitely choose the former one between Eunbyul and swimming.

Too much love indeed created pressure.

 

“Eunbyul… I really don’t know how to do with Taekwang and Yian.” Finally, the girl spoke out her feelings deep under her heart.

It was hard for her. She was used to wearing a mask in front of everyone, saying that “she is fine”.

“Don’t think of me sis; think about your feelings when you see them and when you talk to them.” Romance is not a thing that could be solved by others. It was all about what your heart felt.

The two girls went to bed with still millions of thoughts in their mind. It was not as easy as we thought, to identify the one who you love.

Eunbi had a really complicated dream. She recalled the lovely memory created with the two guys.

On the next day, the sisters woke up early and readied themselves for a morning jogging.

“Let’s tell mum that we are going to have breakfast in the park.”

“Sure! I am texting her.”

They stepped out from the door, and they saw Yian sitting on the staircase in front of their gate. This is not an unfamiliar picture to Eunbi.

“Han Yian! What are you doing in front of our house?” Eunbyul laughed.

Yian stood up immediately. He smiled, looking at the twin sisters.

“I have something to say.”

The whole atmosphere became so serious after this sentence popped out from Yian’s lips. Especially Eunbi and Eunbyul had an awkward conversation yesterday night.

“Just say it, we don’t have much time.” Eunbyul tried to react as normal as usual.

“I…” Yian paused.

“I feel so sorry to you two.” Yian stared at his training shoes.

“I really wanted to smash up myself. I couldn’t even recognize who is Eunbi and who is Eunbyul… I’m really ashamed of myself claiming that I loved Eunbyul but I couldn’t even tell Eunbyul is not Eunbyul in the past few months. I feel so bad. “

“Yian…” Eunbyul softened her voice, but didn’t know what to say.

“Maybe… it’s not love between us Eunbyul. It seemed to be a practice, to love you, to care about you. Or maybe… it’s only friendship, a strong friendship.”

“And Eunbi, you are a really nice girl. At least you have a good temper comparing to your sister.” He laughed bitterly.

“I don’t want to give any promise to any of you at this moment. I don’t deserve to receive any love from you two…”

“Okay, we get it.” Eunbyul looked into Yian’s eyes.

Maybe this is the best ending for Yian’s romance story. Not ending, a pause. Time could probably clear his mind. He gave lots of love to Eunbyul, maybe too much. He didn’t realize that Eunbyul couldn’t bare the weight of his love. Romance is not only about giving, but sharing and concerning.