Keeping a Secret is hard

Keeping a Secret is hard

 

            Kim Namjoon is probably the worst person to tell a secret to. He can’t keep his mouth shut for the life of him. But that’s one of the reasons why Kim Seokjin loves him.

            It’s Bangtan’s day off, and the boys decided to stay home and relax. V, JungKook, and Jimin find themselves battling over who plays next round in an unknown video game, all the while Suga locks himself in his room doing who knows what. J-Hope is nowhere to be seen, most likely practicing at the company. With all the other members occupied with other activities, Jin and Namjoon take the opportunity to sneak out of the dorm.

            “Namjoon-ah, where do you want to go? It’s late, so there aren’t many restaurants open, so we should ju-“

            “Jin-hyung, I think the members know,” Namjoon suddenly blurts. Jin’s already large eyes widen in fear. He stops walking, and slaps a hand on Namjoon’s shoulder, forcing the younger to a hault. “How do they know? Did you tell them? Do the fans know? What about our manager?” Jin’s heart races as he waits for his boyfriend to answer.

            Namjoon sighs and faces the elder. “I think I might’ve said something when I fell asleep in the recording booth while the other members were there,” Namjoon says, almost cringing. Jin huffs and covers his face with his hands. The younger dares to look into his hyung’s eyes, but soon regrets it as he sees a spark of disappointment. “Hyung, I’m really sorry. You know I talk in my sleep sometimes. I-I couldn’t help it.” Jin stands still for a while, and then pulls his boyfriend into a sudden embrace. “It’s ok Namjoon. I’m not mad, just a little worried,” Jin reassures his dongsaeng.

            “Yah, this is our only day off this month, let’s enjoy our date while we can, ok?” Jin says with a dazzling smile, and instantly Namjoon’s mood brightens. “Alright, hyung.” The couple spend their time in the park and in local shopping centers as hours pass by. There are fleeting touches and soft kisses, until it’s interrupted by the sound of Namjoon’s ringtone. The boys sigh in unison as Namjoon pulls out his phone. “Oh, it’s Suga. Hey hyung, what’s up?” Namjoon’s smile disappears as he looks at his boyfriend. “Alright hyung, we’re on our way,” Namjoon says with a regretful tone. “What is it, Namjoon-ah?” Jin asks, slightly concerned. “Suga-hyung wants to talk.”As the couple makes their way back, their hands are entwined, every so often one of them squeezes the other’s hand softly, as if to reassure him.

            Namjoon and Jin enter the living room of their dorm to find their members gathered in the small room. “What did you guys want to talk about?” Jin asks nervously. Suga waves a hand for them to sit, and they do. “Where were you guys?” J-Hope asks. Jin and Namjoon glance at each oher. “Uh, um, we went out to eat,” Namjoon stutters. J-Hope nods his head, but continues to stare with suspicion. “Listen gu-“ Suga starts. “We know you guys are dating!” V, JungKook and Jimin shout in unison. Namjoon visibly gulps, and Jin desperately wants a hole in the floor to swallow him up. “A-and…are you guys ok with that?” Jin asks with a shaky voice. The members glance at each other before smiling. “Of course we’re ok with it, hyung! We’ve been waiting for you guys to tell us! But then we got tired of waiting and decided to confront you guys instead,” JungKook replies. Namjoon and Jin lean back and sigh in relief. “Just keep the PDA to a minimum please,” Suga says as he pats Namjoon’s shoulder and heads to his room. “Good thing they’re already roommates. I don’t think my heart could handle Namjoon visiting my room,” V jokes.

            Soon enough everyone is in their respective rooms. Namjoon and Jin flop onto their shared bed, hands clasped together tightly. Jin can’t help but smile as he turns to face Namjoon, the latter doing the same. Jin leans in and places his plump, soft on Namjoon’s thin, dry ones. “I love you, even if you can’t keep a secret,” Jin says as he leans in for another kiss. The couple soon fall asleep like that, and they’ve never slept so well.