The Worst Day

The Worst Day

Yibo had quite literally just endured the day from hell. Everything that could have possibly went wrong did. He woke up with a headache and still had to go to school, where he proceeded to fail both of his tests for the day and spill his backpack full of papers all over the hallway. All day he kept telling himself to just hang in there, things would be better once he got to go practice with the rest of the members. He managed to survive and practically raced to his manager's van, relieved to just go and do what he liked best - dance.

He was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel that was his day, on the way to the studio he and his manager sang along to the radio and laughed, having a great time. He arrived at the practice studio in a mood a million times better than the one he left in, but it soon all went downhill again.

The practice went horrible, and most of it was his fault. His head still hurt which curved his focus, and he had hurt his knee the day prior making it hard for him to get every move right. He didn't know why their choreographer picked that day to be particularly hard on him, but he was ruthlessly yelled at every time he made a mistake. His face burned red as he felt the four other's eyes on him while he was scolded and he felt like at any moment he could just shrink into the floor and disappear. It was easily the most embarrassed he had ever been, even since becoming a trainee. All he wanted was to go home, curl up in his bed, and cry.

Finally the long, horrible day came to an end and the five traveled back to their dorm. The members talked and laughed as they usually did while Yibo sat, wedged between Sungjoo and Seungyoun, in silence. The two noticed his sad demeanor and while Seungyoun attempted a few times to include him in the conversation he shrugged him off with ease. He didn't want to talk to anyone. They arrived at their building and crowded into the elevator. The ride to their floor felt like it took a million years but finally they were inside. The hoard of hungry boys piled into the kitchen as the manager went to the fridge to find something easy to cook for them while Yibo silently slipped away from the crowd and went to his and Seungyoun's shared room.

He laid down on his bed and pulled the blankets over his head, frustrated, tired, and angry. He just wanted to sleep and was about to drift off when he heard the door to their room open, the creaking hinges piercing his still throbbing head. "Yibo?" the voice same, soft and quiet, the door gently shut behind it and the lock clicked quickly. Yibo didn't reply. "Yibooo~" the voice sang in a melodic tone. The weight on the bed suddenly shifted as the figure perched beside him.

Still no response.

"What's up buttercup?" it asked, the smile on the other's face practically audible through their words. The blankets were slowly peeled back from Yibo's head and he was abruptly face to face with Sungjoo, who was leaning down over him. He turned his head so he wasn't meeting the other's eyes, causing a pout to form on his pink lips.

"Yah, talk to me. I know you're upset." he said, though Yibo didn't budge.

"C'mooon, pleeeease." he whined, getting closer still to the boy's face.

"Sungjoo, I'm not in the mood." Yibo said abrupty, looking up at him, meeting his eyes with a fierce gaze. Sungjoo didn't falter, in fact, he smiled wider.

"Then I guess I'll just have to make you in the mood!" he said.

Yibo rolled his eyes, but Sungjoo didn't waiver. He pressed his nose to Yibo's cheek and planted kisses all over his soft skin, "Yibo Yibo Yibo!" he sang, hugging him tight against his body. Yibo didn't budge, weakly struggling in Sungjoo's hold. "Wanna hear a joke?" Sungjoo offered when he realized his method wasn't working.

"What did the farmer win an award for? He was OUTSTANDING in his field!" he said, laughing at his own joke as he waited for any sort of response. Nothing. He thought for a moment before getting a sinister idea. It could get him punched, but he knew if nothing else, it would get a smile out of him.

"Alright, Yibo." he sighed. "You asked for it!" he said as he grinned.

Yibo's eyes widened slightly and he gulped, knowing immediately what was coming.

"No..no, really, don-" he said, not even able to finish his sentence before Sungjoo's hands visciously attacked his sides, tickling mercilessly. Yibo screamed and errupted into a fit of giggles as he squirmed around on his bed. Sungjoo laughed evilly, refusing to let up.

"P-Please, stop!" Yibo laughed, trying to push Sungjoo's hands away.

"Will you cheer up and come eat with us?" Sungjoo asked, pausing momentairily to let Yibo get so air.

"Yes! Yes I'll cheer up and come out!" he said, his grin still spreading across his cheeks as he gasped for air.

"Good. You're too cute to be sad." Sungjoo said, grabbing his wrists to pull him into a sitting position. He wrapped his arms tightly around Yibo and kissed his nose.

"Now c'mon, manager hyung is making beef soup!" he said, happily jumping up from the bed. Yibo smiled up at Sungjoo and got out of bed.

He always knew just how to cheer him up, and that was just one of the million of reasons why he loved him.