Too Cute

Too Cute

The sun just barely peeked over the horizon, yet the bed that usually occupied two sleeping bodies currently held just one. Small tufts of blonde hair stood above the piles of blankets and pillows while soft breaths could be heard in the stillness of the early morning. The pink and orange sky let just a small amount of light into the room, enough to throw shadows onto the outstretched arm, hanging over the edge of the bed.

In the next room, it was a different story. The bright lights of the bathroom illuminated the figure standing in front of the mirror and water poured from the sink, the sound filling the otherwise still air. Wenhan brushed his teeth while simultaneously running his fingers through his hair, still tossled from sleep. He was always quite an early riser, but today was a special occasion, meaning he was out of bed even earlier than usual. Seungyoun had promised to go for a jog with him. After losing to Wenhan in a one on one game of soccer, the punishment was decided and Seungyoun's fate was sealed. While Wenhan knew Seungyoun completely dreaded it, he couldn't help but feel a bit excited. He went out of his way a lot of times to do things Seungyoun liked, and now it was finally his turn.

While he would never admit to it, he had planned the jog for early in the morning on purpose. His claim was that he had "other arrangements" in the afternoon, but really, the only real reason was to get sweet revenge on Seungyoun. They worked well as a couple in many aspects, but one of their downfalls was always that Seungyoun was a nightowl whereas Wenhan was the exact opposite. Every day Wenhan was up and out for a run or to the gym by 7 AM, while more often than not Seungyoun remained fast asleep until not long before noon. It wouldn't have been an issue between them at all if Seungyoun had not insisted to force his late to bed late to rise tendencies on Wenhan. While he was ready for bed every night by 10 PM, Seungyoun often stayed awake until 2 AM, keeping Wenhan up with him. If the other would try to sleep he would blast music throughout their small apartment and jump on the bed, pleading with the other to wake up and do something with him. Wenhan usually complied, unable to resist Seungyoun's adorable begging. He always regretted it the next morning, but in the moment making Seungyoun happy was always the most important thing. But today, it was his turn.

He plopped his tooth brush back in the holder and shut off the water. He changed quickly from his pajamas into his hoodie and running shorts before slipping out of the bathroom and quietly into his and Seungyoun's room. He couldn't find it in his heart to wake him up with loud music or light as Seungyoun often did to him, but instead he simply opened the curtains the whole way to let the growing amount of light filter into the room before climbing into bed beside the other, pulling the boy's small frame against his chest. "Time to run." he cooed softly into the other's ear, hooking his arms around Seungyoun's waist.

The boy just groaned, moving to hide his face from the light that now intruded his otherwise peaceful slumber. Wenhan chuckled softly, almost feeling bad for the boy, but not bad enough. "Let's go, get up." he said, showering a still half asleep Seungyoun in kisses. Seungyoun's lips curled up in a small smile, unable to resist Wenhan's affection. "Can't we just stay here?" he asked groggily, rolling onto his back so he could look up at the other. "You promised we could go." Wenhan said, pouting as he pecked Seungyoun on the lips. "I know, I know," Seungyoun sighed, shifting slightly so he was propped up against the headboard. He rubbed his tired eyes and yawned, "I'll get up." he said. Wenhan grinned, kissing his cheek, "You can get ready, and I'll go make you something small to eat so you can have energy for our run." he said happily, satisfied that Seungyoun complied without much of a fight. "Okay."

Seungyoun said, smiling sleepily. With that, Wenhan got up and went happily to the kitchen. Seungyoun waited a moment, listening to Wenhan's footsteps slowly disappear. As soon as he was sure he was preoccupied with preparing breakfast Seungyoun laid right back down in bed, pulling the covers over his head. He fell back to sleep the second his head hit the pillow. Wenhan returned a moment later, smiling slightly when he saw Seungyoun's once again sleeping figure.

He set the plate of food he had prepared on the table beside their bed and sighed, shaking his head.

He thought for a moment before deciding that while he wanted Seungyoun to do more things he liked, he knew they would both enjoy spending a lazy day together doing nothing. He got back in bed and cuddled close to the boy, dozing off peacefully with Seungyoun held tight in his arms.

 

The run would have to wait until another day.