Chapter 1

Love Me Right

Naeun scanned the apartment’s vicinity for Kai’s white Mercedes when a black BMW suddenly highlighted its headlights twice caught her attention. She squinted to get a better look of the driver. She walked towards the car and the closer she gets, she could see Kai in the driver’s seat. He waved, signaling her to get into his car.

Naeun carefully looked around the quiet neighborhood before climbing into the car.

“What happened to your Mercedes?”

Naeun didn’t mean to ask. That question was supposed to remain inside her head. Thank you mouth. However Kai looked amused, seeing the usual shy Naeun being so forward with him. He likes her like that.

“I couldn’t risk being seen driving here so I borrowed a hyung’s car”

Being alone in the car with him, her heart began to race. Don’t stare, Son Naeun! But it was too late for that. She was staring. She could feel herself being into those beautiful pair of mesmerizing eyes and he smirked in triumph. He was enjoying this.

“So. . . what is it that is so important that you want to meet me so badly?”

“I- I did not say I want to meet you so badly”

Kai raised his eyebrows, waiting for further explanation but Naeun felt like she just hit a wall. Her brain was not working. Not in front of this pretty face.

“When you said you wanted to meet me, are you trying to ask me out?”

There is nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out and not the other way around.

“I’m not asking you out. I just thought that maybe we can use some practice before our shoot” Both of them have been chosen to shoot a mini drama for a mobile phone commercial.

Naeun wasn’t sure whether Kai was annoyed or pleased. His face was hard to read.

“Okay”

“Okay?”

He nodded, “If you feel that we need to practice our lines before our shoot, then let’s do it. I’m always up for perfection”

Good. He agreed. Now Naeun will be seeing him again on another day. Not for a schedule shoot with a lot of people around. But just the two of them, like a date. Naeun smiled at that thought.

“You like that, huh?”

Naeun snapped back into reality. “What?”

“You’re smiling like a crazy person right now” he said and Naeun could feel her cheeks burning in embarrassment.

“Tomorrow, 3PM at CoffeeBay”

“Tomorrow. 3PM. CoffeeBay” Naeun repeated. “Got it”