B U S R I D E

The Thirty Days Deal

 

Perhaps, the reason I can’t say ‘I love you’, like a fool, is that I am afraid of the painful sad days after we meet.

“My God, Yoona. You’re like… an amazing singer! I never even knew… I mean, I guess I did, but that’s the first time you actually sang… alone like that. I don’t know how to explain but that was…” Minho was breathless, mouth gaping open.

“Hey, careful there. A fly might go into your mouth.” I smirked and said.

“I can’t help it! Anyway, we are so going to win! Imagine, with more practice we could perfect a few notes here and there, get more in tune, and voila! We’d be the… the best!” Minho grinned, satisfied just at the thought.

“There are better pairs out there, you know? Like, like… Gunwoo and Jessica!” I pointed out, blurting out the first pair that came to my mind. And then, as if I had said something wrong, Minho leaned in close, so close that I could feel his breath on my face, and snickered. I leaned backwards onto the piano, pushing a finger against his chest. I knew that with one punch, he could be down, but I didn’t want to use any violence on him.

He laughed. And laughed. And laughed. He laughed for quite a long time, then his face turned all serious, like some dark curtain fell from the ceiling and put on a façade for him. “… Im Yoona, you’re jealous! You… Im Yoona, you like Gunwoo… Don’t you? Why didn’t I realize that? I am so stupid.”

My eyes almost popped out of my head. I pushed him back roughly before folding my arms. “That’s ridiculous. Shut up, Minho.”

He grinned widely. “So you do like him. Oh my God. For the first time, you’re falling in love.”

“I am not.”

“You are.”

“Am not.

“Are too.”

“Shut up, idiot.” And that sealed it. I closed and reopened my eyes in frustration, clenching my fists tightly.

“Chill, Yoong… I was just teasing you.” He muttered softly, taking my hand and unclenching it for me, prying my fingers apart. I just stood there and let him do so. I didn’t like talking such things. It was a complete waste of time, so I got moody whenever Minho tried to find out, or in this case, ‘concluded’ that, and if, I liked someone.

“Hey, let’s go out. You’re annoyed now and we can’t go on practicing like this.”

I tipped my head towards him, nodding in agreement as he took my hand and led me outside. Just before I stepped out, I grabbed my bag, since Minho had taken all of his belongings with him. Apparently, we were going to be out for the rest of the day. I was grateful. After all, I was in need of a serious break. And Minho was just the right person to take that break with.

 

We got on a bus, and when I asked him where we were heading, he said we had no destination, and that we would take this bus for an hour, then get off. It was one of those buses that went quite out of the town, but we were all right. As long as we had money, getting around wasn’t a problem. He chose a backseat, and the bus was practically empty except for a few.

“Are you tired?” He asked, looking at me with genuine concern.

I shrugged. “I’m okay.”

For a long time we just sat there, my two-word reply hanging in the air as the bus rambled on. I looked out, watching the world pass by. I didn’t know when it was, but at one point of time, Minho placed his hand over mine. The unexpected skin contact shocked me, and I almost jerked back but he held my hand there. I relaxed against the seat, propping my knees against the back of the seat in front of us, leaning against Minho. He smiled, and rested his head on top of mine.

After sometime I think he fell asleep, but I was still wide awake. Carefully I put my legs down onto the floor of the bus and placed his head on my lap. Then I plugged in my earphones and began listening to music while looking outside again, propping my head on my hand. The bus had no air-conditioner, but it was already evening, so the wind blew inside, keeping the bus interior cool. Minho shifted in his sleep, his eyebrows creasing.

I didn’t know what to do, so my instinct acted for me. My hands ran through his hair, patting it softly, and I found myself taking his hand as well, squeezing it a little. He calmed down after that, but I felt weird. It just wasn’t me to do something like this, but I told myself this was because Minho was having a bad dream.

He woke up momentarily, and I immediately removed both my hands, looking outside and not at him. Minho smiled, a mischievous glint twinkling in his eyes.

“Im Yoona’s in love with Lee Gunwoo.”

I actually thought he was going to say something stupid, but not as stupid as that. Gritting my teeth, I held my fist in his face, threatening to punch him. He shrugged, getting off my lap. “You wouldn’t dare to punch me, Yoong. Not on the public bus. You’re a better person than that.” He quoted, imitating our counselor. I rolled my eyes, but laughed anyway. “We should do this more often, it’s fun,” Minho said, looking at me, searching for agreement.

“You’re right.... This is fun.” I nodded, my lips curving upwards in a small smile.


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I haven't updated in forever. I know.
& this is a MinYoon chapter. 
YoonWoo will be next. >:) 
Such a short chapter though. :3 This
one, I mean. T.T