Rainy Day

Rainy Day

"Normally rainy days can be quite cold and sad. And today was no exception..." 

"It's raining non stop for days. Look's like rain season is here to stay" said Sehun looking through the window. 

Junmyeon, still half at sleep, moved his head from the pillow to look at Sehun. "Look's like the day will be the same as yesterday".

"We can't never know about that." said Sehun now looking at his hyung still laying in the bed. "You better get up now or we will be late to practice".

"That should be my phrase..." said a smily Junmyeon. "Yes, but you are still in bed." said Sehun also with a smile on his face. "I'm going take a shower first" and like that Sehun left the room. 

Junmyeon really didn't like rainy days. The grey sky full of clouds, the cold weather, the wind that sometimes could be really a nightmare. Those are small things that for a lot of people it does not make any difference, but for Junmyeon it does affect him.

The warm and bright Junmyeon that would always put a smile on his face when he always leave dorms to go training, would not be there in rainy days. 

"Hyung hurry up, we are late" said an impatient Sehun. "Jongin already left with Chanyeol and Johnny..." 

"I'm just looking for my training pants, if you want to go, just go..." said Junmyeon still in his room looking for his training pants.

"I said I would wait for you hyung, so I will wait..." 

"Do you perhaps know where are my black training pants?" 

"Each ones?"

"The ones i used yesterday..."

"Did you really looked in the bathroom?" 

"Still not..."

Sehun impatient of waiting goes looking for them on the bathroom. "I knew it, it's here hyung. Can we go?"

"Yes, thanks Sehun-ah. Let's go."

They say rainy days can be quite romantic, but for Joohyun the day looked just like any other rainy day. Maybe because she didn't had someone, she could not see what of so romantic rainy days can be.

Even if she tries, she would not even see it.

Since moving on from her hometown to the big city, Joohyun still did not had time to find a new romance. If in her hometown everyone would look for her and a lot of boys would like to go out with her. Here in the big city things were not like that anymore.

Even though Joohyun notice some boys looking at her, she was not really looking for any kind of relationship, at least not now.

Been a trainee for just a year, she knew she needed to still work and improve a lot. She knew she had a nice visual, she was quite good in dancing, but she was still lacking a lot on the singing part.

More than anything, that was her biggest fault. She was not perfect and she knew it. But, she also knew that working hard she would be able to improve and debut. And, just like what her company says "anyone can make it, you just need to work for it".

​With that always in her mind, she would have strength to wake-up and go to practice.

Junmyeon and Sehun arrived at SM building (the one that trainees use) 10 minutes later, but it was enough for both of them to hear from one of the senior trainees, that train with them. Junmyeon knew he was the one to blame, and even though the dance teacher was not there yet, Junmyeon still had to say sorry for the others trainees. 

The day was starting in the wrong way already. He was already in a bad mood, but now he was even worst. For Junmyeon been reprimanded by a senior trainee, it like hurting his pride in front of all the others trainees. 

"Are you ok?" asked Jongin once Junmyeon got closer to him. Jongin knew that Junmyeon would be in a bad mood now, but still he wanted to know what happen. "Why were you guys late?"

"Jongin, let's practice" and just like that Junmyeon left his side and started dancing with the others. Jongin followed him and did the same.

"Joohyun try it again."

Joohyun was trying her best in the vocal class, but things were not working like she wanted too. The teacher keep asking her to do it again and again, but she was still doing the same, over and over again.

"Ok, next, Seulgi, is your turn" the teacher moved her attention from Joohyun to Seulgi, a senior trainee, that even though she was Joohyun senior, she was still much more young than her. 

Joohyun knew she auditioned a little later, but her parents did not let her go before, because they said her studies were important and that she needed to focus on them. And it was what she did, but as soon as she graduated high school,  she got herself a audition and luckily she got in.

Even if is hard, she can't see herself doing other thing than this. She want to debut and work as an idol. She have been dreaming about it since middle school, she knows she need to give it all to archive that dream. 

Failing is not an option for her.

"Well done boys. Today practice was nice." said the dance teacher. "But before going, I have some notes to say to some of you before leaving... Junmyeon..."

Junmyeon looked up to his teacher. "Come here" Junmyeon knew he was not 100% focus in the practice, but he was hoping the teacher didn't saw that.

"Did something happens today Junmyeon-ah?" the teacher said.

"Nothing."

"You did not give your all, like you normally do Junmyeon-ah. If something happened you can tell me. Is something bothering you?" 

"No! Sorry is nothing... I'm just not in a good mood today, that's just it. " indeed, it's rainy day, things will not go well. "I will work hard."

"Ok, you can go. I hope see you in a better mood tomorrow" he said smiling to a toneless Junmyeon. "Don't forget that the monthly assessment is this weekend. Let's focus in what is important."

"I will, there's nothing more that i want that this."

"I know it, that's why I care about you. I just want to see you archiving it." 

"Thank you" and Junmyeon returned to the side of the others trainees. Some of them were looking at him, some with that look that he did not wanted to see. He already knew that later all the others trainees would know about Junmyeon been called out by the teacher and the senior trainee.

"Hyung are you ok?" Jongin could finally ask him. 

"Not really, but let's talk about that on the dorms. There's too much people here." 

"Did you hear it" 

"What?"

"That trainee, one of the older ones, the one from Gangnam..."

"Oh, Kim Jun-Myeon?!"

"Yes, that one... I heard he was called out by one of the trainees."

"What, a trainee did really call him out? wow" 

"Yes, seems that things are not easy on him... I guess having a pretty face is not-"

"Sorry, but can you guys lower the volume a little bit, I'm trying to concentrate here. As far as I know this is not the cafeteria..." said Seulgi, visibly bothered by the two girls talk.

"Yah, Seulg-" started one of the girls.

"Unnie, let's go." said the other girl, visibly not wanted to get in trouble with a senior trainee like Seulgi. The other one just looked at Seulgi and gave her cold look before leaving the room.

It was already known that Seulgi and her were not in good terms, but seen that girl gossiping about Junmyeon that way, Seulgi could not let it go. 

"Seulgi, why are you getting yourself in trouble because of other trainee?" asked Joohyun, that was quietly next to Seulgi all this time, busy studying english.

"I guess I can't help it." said Seulgi.

"Are you even close to Kim Junmyeon?" asked Joohyun.

"Not really, but he is a nice guy and I don't like when people bad mouthing about him." 

"Ah, I see..."  said Irene, with a mischievous smile forming on her face. "Perhaps you like him?"

"No!" said right a way Seulgi. "I don't!"

"Them you are just to nice... are you sure?" 

"I'm sure." said Seulgi. "Is just like what I said before, I just feel bad for him to see people talking behind his back... actually you know that feeling, right?"

Irene consented to it. "Yes, I know."

"Like I said, he, just like you, is a nice person and don't really deserve some of the things people does say about you guys." 

"You are so cute Seulgi"

"Thanks unnie" and both smiled at each other. "Let's keep going, because different from you I still have homework to do."

It was almost night time and the rain still didn't stop. Junmyeon had already finished all the practices for today and the others trainees were planing to go eat dinner now. But Junmyeon decided to stay and practice more.

"Then see you on the dorms hyung" said Sehun waving his hand to a lonely Junmyeon.

"If you want I can buy some food for you hyung." said one of the others trainees. 

"It's ok Jino. I will eat something here. Go have some fun time guys." said Junmyeon waving back.

The group of boys left and disappeared in the heavy rain that keeps failing. 

Junmyeon didn't really have any appetite, so he was just right away looking for one free room to practice. Most of the trainees had already left the building, since most of them were still minors and a lot had school, they could not stay for a long time. But for Junmyeon was different. Junmyeon had already finished high school, so he have more free time for training. Even though he have university classes to attend, he still have more time now, than when he was in high school.

"Joohyun aren't you going too?" asked one of the trainee girls.

"I'm not going now, I still want to train for one more hour"

"Singing?"

"Yes. The monthly assessment is coming soon and I really need to improve." said Joohyun visibly sad because of it.

"Them good luck." said one of the girls.

"We are going now. Don't stay until late. Soon will be dark and is not good-" 

"Don't worry Seulgi-ah. Unnie is already grow-up enough to take care of herself" said Joohyun to a worried Seulgi.

"Let's go Seulgi unnie…" called one of the younger girls that was already closer to the door.

"Take care of yourself unnie." said Seulgi waving to Joohyun. "Also is raining a lot, don't go waking and just take a cab if you need it."

"Don't worry Seulgi-ah"

Finding a empty room was easy. Seems like most of the trainees decided to go home early. He would go too, if he was not lacking in dancing, he would.

Been one year without be able to dance, did really affect him. And more than he though. The dance moves flow differently, he knows it, but that is not enough for him to just give up on it. He believe that with time and practice he will get better. 

He is also thankful to all the teachers and the company for not giving up on him. They trust him and that he will be able to do it, and because of it Junmyeon have even more strength to keep going. 

He need to prove it, to them and to himself that he can do it.

Been alone in that small room, singing over and over again the same lines. It should get better, but Joohyun keeps feeling worst and worst. She still can't hit the notes she need to hit and that's making her frustrated.

She have been like that for one hour. seems to be given her the first signs that she need to stop.

And, yes, now even her stomach is giving her signs that needs some food too.

"I guess is time to stop Joohyun" said Joohyun to herself.

She toke her stuff and left the room.

Entering the corridor she felt a cold wave crossing her body. It must be night already, she thought. 

And it was, once she got closer to the exit door she saw the darkness of the night. 

And she heard the sound of the heavy rain... closing her eyes and just feeling it. It was a nice feeling. But, her stomach growled, telling her to wake-up to reality. The reality was that she was hungry. She started walking again in direction to the exit, but stopped right away when she saw how strong the rain was.

Listen to the sound was a great feeling, but seen how strong it was, it was not a good feeling at all. And to make it worst, she just remembered that she did not bring with her a umbrella.

How could her forget about it. Because she did come with Seulgi in the morning, both shared the cab and the umbrella. But Seulgi already left with the umbrella. 

"Humf..." Joohyun sighed. What could she do now? Going just like that on the rain? Or maybe she could just stay there and probably waiting for the rain to stop. But it also seems that it will not stop too soon either.

"Aren't you leaving?" asked someone behind her.

"Hum, sorry" she said turning around and facing the boy that had just talked. 

"I asked if you aren't leaving, since you are blocking the door...?" said Junmyeon, now looking right into her eyes.

Oh, it's him, the trainee the others girls were talking about. Joohyun knew him, but well, everyone knew about him.

"I was going to leave too-"

"You don't have an umbrella?" said Junmyeon looking at her, still trying to see if she had one or not. "Neither you have an waterproof jacket."

"Yes, I don't." Joohyun was embarrassed already because he keeps looking her in the eyes, and now because he just notice how fool she can be.

"So, what are you going to do? It does not seem that it will stop raining to soon..." 

"I don-"

"Where is your dorm?"

"Sorry? My dorm?" why is he asking that. Joohyun was curious now. 

"Yes, I will drop you there. If I'm not mistaken is closer to the boys one right?"

"Yes, it is. But you don't need too."

"I know it. But I can't just leave and let you here waiting for who knows how much more time." said Junmyeon, starting already to open his umbrella. "Let's go." He said lifting his arm calling her to come closer to him.

She did not really know what to do. But, she wanted to go home, so she smiled and accepted his offer. 

Both started walking, none of them talked anything. 

This was the first time she ever talked with him, even thought they are same age, he's still above her in the trainees section, so going to him and starting talking with him is not easy. Specially when he is also popular between boys and girls trainees. 

For Junmyeon, he really did not know what really talk with her. He barely knew her, even thought he already saw her before and had notice her, because well, she's really pretty, anyone would notice. But, she was also pretty reserved. He really did not know much about her. And he was curious, but did not really know what to ask.

The silence was broken by the growl sound coming from her stomach. She tried to dissemble it, but too late, he heard it and had already stopped walking when she was turning her face to the other side.

"Are you hungry?"

"No."

"How no!? I heard it." he said with a playful smile on his face. "When was the last time you eat something?"

"Hum... I'm not quite sure" he looked at her with a questionable look on him face. "I ate something today, don't give me that look" said right away Joohyun.

"That's not an adequate answer" said Junmyeon. "Let's go eat something before going home" he said, and then he start walking again, but this time he hold her arm to make her follow him. "is raining a lot, you need to be closer to me, otherwise you will get wet".

​She did not know what to do. Embarrassed she was already, but now with him so closer to her, she really didn't know what to do. Her face was getting hot, thankfully it was dark and there was not enough light, so Junmyeon could not see her face. 

They keep walking, but it was not a long walk, because Junmyeon pulled her to enter the first restaurant he saw.

Even thought they had an umbrella, they both still had the pants and part of their bags wet and cold, so it was nice to enter a warm place to get some food and to dry the wet clothes too.

They got one table next to one of the windows, it was dinner time, there was some customers, but it was not full, maybe because of the rain, some people prefer go right away to home. 

She would too, thought Joohyun, but now looking at him right in front of her, she was not so sure anymore if she wanted to go right away to the dorms.

"What will you want?" asked the waiter. Both choose what they wanted to eat and the waiter left them alone again.

"So, why were you alone at SM at this time?" Junmyeon stared. "did the others girls left you alo-"

"No, they did not left me there. I just needed to stay for a little more to practice. I think that's what everyone does time to time."

"You are right."

"And you? Why were you alone there too?" she asked him back. Well, if he wanted to know more about her, she want the same too.

"Same as you." he simply said that.

"I see..." and both of them were like that for some minutes, just waiting for the food. Thankfully, it did came fast, and both started to eat.

"Hum... Ah... it tastes so good!" she said tasting her food.

"When you are hungry anything tastes wonderful" he said with a playful smile.

"How funny…" she said smiling at him back. "I admit, I was hungry. Thank you for bring me here."

"Oh, I like it. You're welcome." He said with a big smile on his lips. Oh, and what lips, Joohyun needed to turn her eyes from his lips to her food, because she was getting distracted. She was hoping that he did not notice it. 

But Junmyeon did notice it, but he did not said anything. He have notice that she was embarrassed before, he did noticed her face getting red, even though she had turn her face to the other side. He would not make her be in a more embarrassing position. 

They keep eating their food and just doing a casual talk about trainee and practice. 

It was time to pay the bill, even though Joohyun wanted to pay her part, Junmyeon didn't let her even open her month to say it, because he had already giving the money to the waiter. 

"You didn't had to do it" said Joohyun once they got out of the restaurant.

"Did what?" said Junymeon at same time he opened the umbrella. "I was the one that insisted in going out to eat, so of course I needed to pay it."

"But-"

"But nothing, if it makes you feel better, you can pay next time."

'Next time? Is he trying to say that he wants to go eat with me a second time...?' thought Joohyun. 

They keep walking until they arrived to her dorms. 

"We arrived..." Joohyun said looking at him.

"See, it was not that bad accepting my offer, right?" he said looking at her.

"Well, no it was not" she don't regret it at all. "Thank you for bringing me home and for the food."

"You are welcome" he said smiling.

"I'm going, bye" she said turning her back to him and starting to getting into the building.

"Wait, Joohyun..." she turned around to look at him. This was the first time he ever called her by her name. 

"Yes..."

"Can you give me your number?" he asked her, he knew they were still like strangers, but he really wanted to get to know her better. 

"My number..." it did not sound like a question, but something in between. She was never expecting him to ask her for it. She was surprised, but at same time happy.

"Yes, you have a meal to pay me, remember?" he said, trying to be funny, but it did not really work, because Joohyun looked so confused. "If you don't want you don't need to give me... Forge-"

"Ok. I will give you my number." she said, still not sure of what she was doing, but still, she wanted.

"Great," he said smiling. "Give me your phone".  They changed numbers and said goodbye to each other.

Joohyun entered the dorms, trying to not make any sound, but the girls were still awake.

"Unnie, only now?" asked one of the girls.

"Did you come well? I just remembered that you did not had an umbrella when i arrived home... But you seems well" said Seulgi after looking at her. "Well, you pants are wet, but the rest is ok."

"I had the help of someone"

"Someone... Who ?" asked a curios Seulgi.

"It's late and I'm tired, will go take a shower and them I'll go to bed" said Joohyun already going into the badroom.

"You don't want to say it to me?" said Seulgi doing pout with her lips. "Ok... ok, friends I like that I see..."

"Seulgi, go to bed!"

Junmyeon enter his dorm and it was with surprise that he saw it empty. Did the boys not come yet? He was curious and decided to call one of them.

"Sehun-ah, where are you guys to not be at the dorms yet?"

"Hyung, oh, are you at the dorms already?"

"Yes, I'm here but there is no one here, where are you guys? Did you remember that you have school tomorrow?

"Yes, hyung I know, we know it! We did come eat and them we decided to go see a movie. We are leaving now. Bye hyung"

"Bye-" he hung it off already.

Junmyeon looked around, how great it was to have it only for him. Since he left his parents house to go leave with the boys at the dorm, he did not had any time with only himself. 

Getting himself into the shower, he could not stop thinking about her. He would never expected he would enjoy her company. He thought she was reserved, but once she got herself more confortable, she would open herself more.

He finished his shower quickly and started to dress himself to get ready to go to bed. Before getting his shirt, he stop looking at the window, it was still raining. He now remember that he had been in the same position early this morning, looking the rain too and thinking how depressing the day would be.

Well, it did not really started well, that's for sure. But he would never expect it to end the way it ended. He looked at his phone and smiled. He wanted to send her a message. Actually he wanted to call her, but that would be too sudden from his part, so a message would be good.

"Hi, It's Junmyeon. I know it may look like a surprise for you, but I really wanted to say it before.... I used to not like rainy days... days like today, it mess up my mood and bring me down. I don't know if you heard it early or not, but today was not a easy day to me. And that's why I want to say thank you for been there in the right moment. Thank you for staying until late to practice and for forgetting your umbrella. Thank you for accepting my offer and coming with me.  It does not seem much, but just that time we spend together, it helped me bringing my mood up and I end up smiling a lot today because of you. ~ Have a good night."

She heard her phone ringing, it was a message. She toke it and looked up, It was Junmyeon. She didn't saved it under his name, yet, she knew it was him.

As she read it, she didn't really know what to answer. She couldn't believe it, that Junmyeon would been saying that kind of things to her. "smiling a lot today because of you" ~ is he serious? So many questions were in her mind.

What would she reply with? She didn't knew. But she didn't had to wait too long to know what she wanted to say, because Junmyeon had send her other text.  

"I hope I didn't scared you, but I just want to get to know you better." - Junmyeon

She smiled, well, he could just said it right away. "I want it too ~ good night." She send it.

Joohyun didn't know what would happen next, but would not let this opportunity go. Looking out of the window, she may have start see, what others may see, some romance can exist in a rainy day.

Junmyeon smiled as he read the message Joohyun just send him. He could not say anymore that rainy days were all cold and sad days, because right now Junmyeon felt really warm and happy. He would not mind more rainy days like this one.

=

THE END ♡

Hope you did like it, this is my first fanfiction here and also my first time writing Surene. Please, feel free to left a comment, is always nice and I will try to write more and better. (Also, sorry if there is any mistaken or gramatical error, english is not my first language, but I tried to write it in a nice and easy way.)