1.

Give Me Loyalty, or Give Me Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I freaking HATE fairies. 

I growl as I stare into the snarling face of the fairy, trying to keep its sharp fangs from taking a bite out of my neck. Just a second after, its heavy body is lifted from me, and I see Chanyeol's face grinning down with a look of contempt mixed with the usually worry. 

"I know you love Mother Nature and all Seon, but I don't think now is the right time to be taking a nap." Chanyeol says with a cheeky grin. 

"Shut up Chanyeol," I roll my eyes. Even in the middle of a deadly fight, Chanyeol always found ways to crack a joke. Not that I minded. It helped lighten the mood. "Ugh, whoever believes in fairy godmothers better come a have talk with me." I let out with disgust as I stare at the lifeless form of the creature by my feet. 

Fairies are not like Tinkerbell. They are Tinkerbell on steriods times a hundred, and they are hideous. Fairies are basically skeletons covered in dark grey flabs of skin, with the strength of Hulk and an attitude worthy of The Mean Girls. Of course, they only changed into their true identities when angered, and one does not want to meet an angry fairy. 

Looking around, I desperately searched for the rest of the members. Several yards out, I can Baekhyun and Suho back-to-back, fending off a group of fairies. Sehun and Kai are slashing down the ugly creatures  left and right, trying to keep them from getting past the forest and into the highway where they could be spotted by humans. I blast a ball of fire towards a fairy creeping up behind D.O.'s back, and he sends me a weary smile of gratitude before he goes back to wrestling another to the ground. 

 

***

 

"What the were you thinking!" Kai snarled, his face mere inches from mine, his eyes flickering a dangerous red. Red was bad. Very bad. But flickering was good, a good sign. 

"Ok, first, lets make some coffee. I'm sure everyone is worn out, and I have to grab some stuff to start healing you guys and all." I let out a small, nervous laugh as I slowly back away. Kai let out a low growl as his eyes turn into a brillant shade of red, and I stop dead in my tracks. 

.

I look towards Suho for help, trying to catch his eye as he slides behind Chanyeol's towering frame. As the beta, he could usually calm the alpha, but right now, it was obvious that he was avoiding eye contacting. When he peeks out over Chanyeol's shoulder, I send him a menacing glare that has him hiding back behind his human barrier. Feeling utterly betrayed, I turn back towards the growling alpha, taking a small gulp. 

Kai closes the small distance between us, his face now centimeters away. I know now isn't the time to admire his jawline, but I can't help but take a glimpse, watching the muscles of his jaw clench and unclench in frustration. My heart is beating at a hundred miles per hour, and I'm desperate to calm it down, not that it every listens. It doesn't help that Kai is all up in my grill, radiating heat like a furnace. Werewolves and their freaking body heat. 

"Sorry?" I let out. Even to my ears, the apology sounds weak. Kai only responds with another low rumble, his eyes turning into slits. It should have been terrifying, it really should. Except that it isn't, because I'm all too used to it. "Oh come on," I roll my eyes," It wasn't entirely my fault Kai." 

"Not. Your. Fault." Kai jabs at my shoulder with each word, hitting directly at a wound. "Who decided to kill a fairy? Who decided that she needed to be a ing hero and rescue a ing squirrel?" Kai says as he pushes me, causing me to stumble backwards into D.O., who catches me easily. 

"What the hell Kai." I spit out as I clutch my shoulder. I can feel the blood seeping through my clothes as the wound reopens. 

Kai's red eyes immediately fade as he glances at my shoulder. "What's wrong Seon?" Kai asks, the anger in his voice replaced with worry, his hand reaching out for my shoulder. I shove it to the side.

"Well maybe I thought that for once I could actually be doing something useful without you all getting hurt!"I hiss out, "What the do you have against squirrels anyways?" While I layer the sarcasm on thick, I know Kai can hear the hurt in my voice. His brows furrow in confusion, and he opens his mouth to speak, but I brush past him,shoving him away as I walk back to the house. While I don't hear them moving, I know that the pack is following right behind me, making sure I'm all right. While I really don't want to admit it, the thought warms my heart. 

 

***

 

Sitting in math class, I absentmindedly rub at my wrist, tracing the outline of the wolf tattoo. It was a small tattoo, located right in the middle of my wrist, signifying my membership in the pack. Glowing a dim silver, the wolf had its head thrown back, howling at an imaginary moon. The day before, during the fight with the fairies, it had its hackles raised, teeth showing in a frightening snarl.

All the members of Exo had the same tat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter