01 | Xiumin

Your Overdose | One-shot Request Shop | Open


Xiumin + Yujin


A gasp hitched in the back of the young girl’s throat. She glanced downwards for a brief second, confirming that what she’d just experienced was not ‘too good to be true’ as they say. Xiumin’s slender fingers laced with hers a little tighter, a whispery laugh escaping his lips at his girlfriend’s amusing reaction. It wasn’t like they hadn’t held hands before or anything; of course they’d done that plenty of times before. It wasn’t like they weren’t a close couple either – Xiumin seemed to have a ‘thing’ for skinship. It just didn’t happen at school.

Ever.

Since admitting their feelings for each other and becoming a couple almost a month ago now, Xiumin and Yujin decided to keep their relationship a secret for the time being, until they felt confident enough to announce it to their fellow classmates; So that meant no hand-holding, no cuddling and most importantly no kissing in public. At all. The thought still sends a shiver down the boy’s spine in all honesty. Seeing his girlfriend every day, her short skirt paired with a set of beautifully long legs as well as her perfectly pressed shirt bulging slightly where her s were perched, only reminded him that he was the luckiest man alive and that anybody would be lucky to get their hands on her. Unfortunately, it seemed as though several other members of their class attempted to do this, making the boy feel sick to his stomach.

There was that one time when Hyunju, some reckless kid from their math class, invited Yujin to a study group with a few of his friends after school and Xiumin had no choice but to let her go. It would have been far too obvious if he had insisted on her not going. Xiumin begging them to let Yujin stay with him for the night when they don’t appear to be in a relationship or even talk in class? It would have been too obvious for sure. Not only that math was a subject Yujin struggled in, to which everyone knew, Xiumin would have come across as pretty strange if he was trying to stop her from studying. So, eventually, Yujin attended the study group after school with Hyunju and a bunch of his friends. Xiumin was truly mortified. Yujin was his, they’d made a commitment to one another and they couldn’t tell that to anybody. He saw the ordeal as horrible sometimes, he really did.

Perhaps that’s why he’d decided to hold his girlfriend’s hand this morning on their way to class. These past recollections and memories happened to be clouding his thoughts this morning and a suddenly wave of authority it seemed coursed through his body, alerting him to the fact that he should be protective over his girlfriend. The gesture appeared to have the desired effect though as, when he peered over at the long-haired beauty beside him, she had the brightest smile laced upon her plump lips which he could recognise from a mile away he reckoned. “I love you Yujin,” Xiumin whispered. “Don’t you forget that, alright?” And with that the boy unhooked his fingers from hers and pushed the classroom door open, standing aside to allow Yujin inside first. She passed through, the smile still plastered across her lips, softly patting his thigh before slipping past and heading to her assigned seat.

“Hey there, Yujin,” The chirpy greeting startled the young girl when she turned for a short second to grab something out of her bag which she’d thrown onto the ground. She slipped a strand of hair behind her ear when she was met with the gaze of the cheerful voice’s owner. “Oh hey. Jisang, right?” Her eyebrow quipped upwards in question to which he nodded. “Yeah, Jisang. You remembered!” The excited boy clapped his hands together, startling Yujin once again, so much so that she jumped out of her seat slightly. Her lips parted to speak once again but it seemed as though Jisang was the one who wanted to talk. In fact, he liked to talk a lot. He bombarded Yujin with all sorts of questions: “How are you?”, “Did you do the homework assignment?”, “The weather’s pretty good, right?” and one which Xiumin immediately latched onto, “What are you doing later?”

Yujin, too, was also pretty surprised by the question, her eyes widening like a deer caught in the headlights. “Later? Why do you want to know?” she asked cautiously. Her dark eyes darted across the boy to her boyfriend sitting a few rows back, his forehead rested on his fisted hands. She knew how much self-control he needed in order to stop himself from intervening. Subconsciously, she found herself chewing her lower lip as the other boy proceeded to explaining himself. “Yeah, later. I was thinking we could hang out and get some bingsoo. Maybe we could do some studying for tomorrow’s math quiz. I could tutor you,” Jisang then winked.

Unease swirled in the girl’s stomach, churning violently like the ocean. She stayed silent for a moment, heavily aware that he was watching her, an aura of expectance wavering around his lanky form. Her gaze shot to Xiumin’s seat, jaw dropping when he wasn’t there. Yujin started frantically looking for her boyfriend, head turning in all directions to spot his petite figure. Who knew where he’d gone? Perhaps he’d thought she was hooking up with this Jisang guy after school? Or maybe he’d ran out of the room, angry at her, Jisang and anything else that was stressing him lately. She noticed her breathing starting to quicken.

“Oh hey there. Jisang, right?” A deep voice resonated behind the pair to which Yujin immediately recognised. She looked behind her, emitting a sigh when she saw the familiar gummy smile of her boyfriend aimed at both her and Jisang. Jisang didn’t seem the least bit surprised and merely nodded. “You got that right. Xiumin, huh?” he queried, seeing that Xiumin responded with a soft ‘hm’. “What brings you over here?” Jisang then asked, earning a light chuckle from the mousy brown-haired boy who slung his hands into his blazer pockets. “I guess I could ask you the same thing. I actually needed to talk with Yujin, is that alright? You don’t mind if I steal her for a moment, eh?” A playful quip of his eyebrows paired with a winning smile was enough to convince the shorter male and Xiumin didn’t hesitate in telling Yujin to follow him outside. He allowed her to exit first, peeking his head around the door at the last moment and throwing Jisang an ‘okay’ sign.

Once the pair was out of the classroom, Xiumin took his girlfriend by the hand and tugged her close to him, their bodies bumping softly against one another. His spare hand trailed down her side, tracing each and every curve before meeting her hand at her thigh. “How on earth am I going to keep you to myself?” he whispered and rested his forehead against hers. A whispery laugh slipped his lips. “I want everyone to know you’re mine. I have to claim what’s mine,” he urged before crashing his lips against hers, a sure way of ‘claiming’ his territory, ensuring that everyone knew not to steal his girl. 


Calling PeanutButterOreos!
Written by: --minsan
I hope you like the one-shot. Feel free to leave a comment down below, I'd love to hear some feedback from you.
Thank you for requesting!