First Impression

200 Drabble Challenge

2min

            The time Taemin and Minho met is,of course,when they first trained together. It wasn't after their debut,but when they first signed in under SM Entertainment.Onew, Minho,Jonghyun,and Key knew each other.Taemin was the new boy. His hair was black and a little untidy. Onew had side-swept bangs,Key was clean,Jonghyun had looked like he had just awakened. Minho...

           Taemin felt safe near Minho,even in that instant. His hair was asymmetrical,showing his forehead. He knew that Minho was going to be a very important person in his life. All of them shook hands with Taemin,Minho being last. Taemin's hands lingered just a little longer than the others,but Minho didn't notice.

          Onew is pure,Jonghyun is talkative,Key is a diva,Minho's quiet. He's found out all their personalities a week later. Taemin would say he was the closest to Jonghyun.Minho,Minho,Minho. Minho was shy but tall,a better-than-average body.

           They started to really talk two weeks later.

           The members were out shopping in their free-time.Key makes a list every time they go shopping. The list determines who shops with who and what to buy."Onew will buy us food,me and Jonghyun will go out and get more clothes,Taemin and Minho will buy the gifts for Sunny's party." Sunny was a fellow friend of the company in a group called Girls' Generation."What gifts do we get?"Minho asks,glancing at Taemin and then looking at Key.             "Candles,incense,teddy bears...That type of stuff."Key answers while all of them head out.They all headed in different cars. Minho was the one in the driver seat,Taemin in the passenger.Minho inserted an album once he started the car. The album's cover had four grown males,who Taemin had recognized but can't put his finger on it.

          The music had acoustic,then a male's voice came in. He remembered this song from when his father had shown him it. "I recognize this song.." Taemin said with a small smile. "You..It's called You.From Brown Eyed Soul,if I remember correctly..." Minho smiled,"Correct,good job.This band made me join the entertainment industry."

         They were already near the store. Once they were,Minho parked in two parking spaces instead of one. "Before you say anything,"a chuckle,"I love doing this.It's okay,don't fret about it." A smile.Taemin nodded.When Minho parked in two spaces he was going to tell him,as though it was an accident,but obviously it wasn't.

        They got in Bed Bath and Beyond. The aisles bombarded with scents and candles."Lets just get a combo gift.The combo will have a bear,chocolate,lotion,and candle."Minho dragged Taemin to the correct  aisle. He quickly got the gift,paid,and left,all in one movement,all that while holding onto Taemin's shirt to make sure he doesn't go somewhere else. "I wanted to get that over so we could get ice cream."

            Icecream was perfect for a hot day.They found a 1950s-styled icecream cafe.Minho was wearing a shirt with no sleeves,Taemin was wearing a white t-shirt. "I'll take a wafflecone,he'll take a cone." Minho winked at Taemin,"I know how to read minds."And the response was a smile.              Even though Taemin didn't order a cone,he was content.He wanted to make Minho at least believe in himself that he could read minds.They sat on red barstools,making each other share a few bites."Take your icecream to the car,we gotta go back." Taemin did a small squeak because Minho had grabbed his arm to get off the barstool.

         They arrived back at the house,smelling like icecream. In Minho's hand was the combo gift for Sunny. "I'll put this here,lets watch some tv until the other members come back." Minho placed the gift on a chair,and pointed to the couch. Taemin sat and turned the tv on. He decided watching a drama about two newscasters.

        Minho jumped next to Taemin,"This is boring. Lets watch some...Aha!This is great." Minho searched through the guide,finding a show about forensics. Taemin's eyes widened as he saw blood come out of the victims."Hold onto my arm if you're scared." He did as what he was told.He even dug his nails in Minho's skin when the screams happened,Minho not being fazed by it at all.That's the story of their first impression,a partner-in-crime friendship.