I Can't Wait

I Can't Wait

 

“Aiiiish~” Juhyun pouted. The traffic was really bad today and they had been stuck on the same road for the past 15 minutes. “Oppa, are you feeling tired? Would you… prefer if I drive instead?” She tucked her hair behind her ear as she turned to the driver’s seat, Luhan who was wearing a pair of sunglasses was trying really hard to find an excuse to avoid letting her drive – he knew that she needed far more practice on normal days than on a busy road. “It’s okay, Juhyun. Thank you for your offer,” seeing that they would not be moving in the next 5 minutes, Luhan leaned towards Juhyun and pointed at his pouting lips. “How about a kiss to energize your tired fiancé?” he said cheekily. Juhyun giggled in response and leaned in for a kiss. “Hmm, mango chapstick today? I think I still prefer the strawberry mint one,” Luhan his lips and said thoughtfully. In a mere second, her face went from her milky white complexion to a flushed red, before she quickly buried her face into her hands out of embarrassment after a quick whine. Her reactions to his teasing always amazes (and amuses) Luhan without fail – even though they had been together for a long while now.

 

The car finally moved on for the next 10 minutes, but they were stuck again soon enough. Luhan was tapping along to the rhythm of the song playing in the car when he suddenly recalled something. “Juhyun-ah, remember the concert that we went to?” Juhyun playfully placed her finger on her chin, her usual thinking position, and then thought for a while. “Hmmm~ do you mean the one where we travelled across the country for? Hehe. We sang along so much during the concert~” she cheerfully responded, clasping her hands together as the memories of the concert swarmed into her mind. They had a really good time together – their first overseas trip and their first overseas concert experience, even more interesting when they had to speak in English over there. “Let me share a secret with you,” Luhan cleared his throat and then revealed, “I still have the key to our hotel room then,” he gave his goofy grin, but got an absolute deaf stare from Juhyun. “Whhaaat?” Juhyun exclaimed in disbelief, and then went on to burst into fits of laughter. “I can’t believe you did that! Oppa, you still amaze me even after so long~ Hahaha~”

 

As Juhyun wiped the tears off her eyes from all the laughing, she did not notice that Luhan had a smile plastered on his face throughout. Of course he would do anything to keep that hotel room key – that was where he proposed to her, their special day. He could still remember the anxiousness he felt, and the happiness that he could not contain in his heart a year ago. He knew he could wait no longer, and he knew there and then that it was the right time to propose.

 

He recalled. He sneaked off for a short while, leaving Juhyun at the bookshop in the mall, and left to prepare for a quick and simple surprise. A mixed bouquet of white lilies and red roses to be delivered to their room, a handwritten message which he would read to her, and the ring (of course)! He hurried back to the bookshop and spotted her immensely focused on reading a book, he bent down a little to look at the title – Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff in Love. He smiled to himself then cleared his throat in silence and walked up beside her, “hi miss, would you like to go on a date with me?” His voice and question took Juhyun by surprise and she gasped a little. When she realized that it was Luhan, she did her adorable whine and playfully hit him on his arm.

 

The car journey continued when one of Luhan’s favourite songs came on the radio. Juhyun sang along with it even though it was in Mandarin. Another thing that amazes him – how she would be so attentive to his likings and then put in effort to do those things right; like how she could sing the whole of his favourite song in another language right now. Juhyun turned to Luhan all of a sudden and stared hard at him for a good one minute, “oppa, why not we take a short toilet break at the petrol station? I think we both need the washroom. Hehe,” Luhan raised one eyebrow while looking straight ahead as he was driving. Another thing that amazes him was how she could always spot that something was wrong – he was indeed in an urgent need to go to the bathroom, and was thanking her ten million times in his heart that she picked that up (lol). So Luhan turned into the next petrol station and went out for a quick toilet break, plus a quick stretching of his legs from the long hour in the car. 5 minutes later, he went back into the car with bottles of water and a bag of cookies. “恩. 我想你了。。。(Hnng, I’ve missed you…)” she whined softly as soon as Luhan sat down. He laughed at his silly fiancée and caressed her face. “I’m back now,” he assured her. He loved the way she would always say how she has missed him in Mandarin even though he would barely be gone by 5 minutes – that was one of her adorable ways of proclaiming her love and showing her reliance on him.

 

Another 10 minutes and they would finally reach their destination. Along the way, Juhyun would feed Luhan the cookies that he had bought earlier and offer him drinks when their car was stationary – basically tending and caring for him like how she would on any other day. On days when he was feeling down, she would stay with him and shower him with lots of reassurance and affirmation; on days when he was extremely busy with work, she would make sure that he was well-fed and not starving. For being such a sweet and caring girlfriend/fiancée, he was really thankful for her. Her face suddenly lit up as she went on to suggest a game of truth of dare as ‘she was very bored’. Luhan totally lost in the game of ‘rock, scissors, paper’ during their stop at the traffic light, and was challenged to a dare – the imitation of his mother. The scene totally left Juhyun all cracked up  her laughter and the look of happiness on her face, were things that he wished he could capture for a long, long, time ahead.

 

That laughter reminded him of the moment before he proposed. After their satisfying candlelight dinner, they were on their way back to their hotel room. Right outside their door, Luhan suddenly felt a moment of panic. Juhyun was still sharing about what she had read from the book and she turned to look at Luhan when she got no response from him “Oppa? Are you okay?” She asked as she noticed him practically frozen. “Yea? Yea! I’m okay. Just... thinking about something,” he clumsily mumbled as he fumbled through his pockets to grab the hotel key card. As he was pulling it out of his pocket, the coins in his pockets all fell to the ground, leaving him flustered. Juhyun laughed so brightly at his usual clumsy self and then bent down to help him pick the coins up. His face was flushed, but as he stared at the laughing Juhyun, his heart melted and it gave him the final assurance that he needed. “Juhyun-ah,” he said as he opened the door, “remember the day when we first met? How you were playing on the piano? I was attracted to you right away.” He said as he turned around to look at her in the walkway of the room. Juhyun was obviously confused, but nodded to what he said. “People always say that they should find someone they can’t live without... but to me, I think it is most important to find someone that they can live with forever. Ever since then, I knew that you were the one I wanted to live with forever.” He smiled as he looked into her eyes, and then held her hands as he led him into the bedroom.  The room was nicely decorated with balloons and flower petals, with the bouquet that he ordered earlier lying on the bed. “Seo Juhyun, will you marry me?” he said as he kneeled down on one knee, with a ring box in his hand. Tears were b in her eyes as she nodded and said yes.   

 

Finally at their destination, they got down from the car and hand in hand, they walked into the venue. As they stepped in, Juhyun was immediately hustled to a room by her best friend, Hyoyeon; while Luhan was ushered into another room by his best friend, Minseok. In the room where Juhyun was in, her siblings and best friends were scattered everywhere, waiting for her to be done with her make-up and hair before she could finally slip into the dress. Luhan was already done changing and freshening up, and was pacing back and forth in the room. Minseok smiled at him, a sign of assurance. Luhan smiled back, grateful for him to be there. Today was an important day for him, for Juhyun, for them. Soon enough, he was out in the main hall with his parents by his side, greeting many guests and thanking them for gracing the event.

 

As everyone settled down, Luhan stood in front on the stage together with the wedding officiant. He was shuffling his feet a little as his eyes caught those of his mother. His mother smiled at him and then mouthed the words “calm down, relax,” in response, he took a deep breath. This time, he finally was able to look straight at the door without all that jitters. The gentle sounds of the piano sounded in the hall as the doors opened. Juhyun stood at the entrance, white veil covering her pretty face, her long wavy hair half pulled-up. Finally seeing her in the white wedding gown took his breath away. His jaw literally fell open as he watched her walk down the aisle. Soon enough, they will be together – forever.

 

Finally next to Luhan now, Juhyun flashed her beautiful smile at him before turning to face the wedding officiant. As the wedding officiant went on with the rules and definition of marriage, Luhan could not help but just stare at the beautiful woman beside him – she will soon be his, and he could wait no longer. Just then, he was snapped back to reality when the officiant (who noticed he was not paying attention) cleared his throat. “Ahem, Mr. Luhan, will you take Miss. Seo Juhyun to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage?  Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?” Luhan turned to look at Juhyun, who was looking at him with her gentle eyes. “I do,” he responded, staring right into her eyes with his half-crescent smiley eyes and his lop-sided confident smile on.

 

The officiant looked at Juhyun then asked, “Miss. Seo Juhyun, do you take Mr. Luhan to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage?  Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?” Tears were b in her eyes, “I do,” she responded. The officiant then, finally, announced, “Mr. Luhan and Miss. Seo Juhyun, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Mr. Lu, you may now kiss the bride.” They could hear people sniffing and cheering in the hall as Luhan lifted up the veil on Juhyun’s face – the chance to finally see her beautiful face. He reached out to wipe the tears away with his finger and then lifted her chin up. “Juhyun-ah. After this, it will be a new chapter – and a story of us that will go on and on. I promise that I will love you forever, and that you will be mine for as long as I live. I love you with all of my heart, Seo Juhyun,” and then he leaned in to plant a kiss on her lips for a good 5 seconds. They turned to look at everyone down the stage, hand-in-hand. They were smiling brightly, looking into each others’ eyes, as they were blessed with all the well wishes and love from everyone that they loved. From today on, a new chapter for them has begun.

 

The way you curse when we're in traffic
A million flavors of your chapstick
The way that you keep my heart captive

The Journey concert in AC
Remember we sang faithfully?
I still got that old hotel room key

This is the way I feel

'Cause I can't wait for you to be my wife
To live this life together
And I won't let you go
I need you to know
That you are my heart, forever
And on and on and on

The way you like to sing my songs
You always know when something's wrong
The way you say you miss me when I'm gone

The things you do that show you care
You're always down for truth or dare
Freeze this moment; let me stop and stare

Nothing before was real
This is the way I feel

And I can't wait for you to be my wife
To live this life together
And I won't let you go
I need you to know
That you are my heart, forever
And on and on and on
And we'll go on and on and on

For better or for worse
No matter how it hurts
You've got me to hold your hand
I promise you the world
In your wedding dress
We'll dance till no one's left
Don't wanna blink my eyes
Don't wanna miss a thing

I can't wait for you to be my wife
To live this life together
And I won't let you go
I need you to know
That you are my heart, forever

And I can't wait for you to be my wife
To live this life together
And I won't let you go
I need you to know
That you are my heart, forever
And on and on and on
And we'll go on and on and on


A/N: Hehehe, done!!! Hope you'll like this. :) Do comment to let me know if you have any song recommendations for a songfic. 

As usual, comment/feedback/suggestions are appreciated. Thank you for reading!