Irene.

Project/Research
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene was seated on the floor aisle, leaning on the bookshelf at the farthest part of the library trying to get comfy and want to be asleep. She’s on duty. As a Student assistant, she was tasked to look out for the library since the librarian is out and will not be able to go back for the rest of the day

Library is the safest place for Irene to keep herself away from the desperate douche guys and spoiled girls who wants her attention. Pathetic, she knows.

There was once she was on duty in the library, the room is full because of Irene, actually no one is reading or doing important stuffs, they were there just to see Irene. The librarian got pissed because of the whispering and the noise so the she got up from her seat and shoo them away.

 After what happen they never dared to enter the library again. At least a few people who are really studying

 

“Baaaang!” The door opened.

Irene immediately got up from her seat and crawled to see who in the earth slammed the library door.

 

LIBRARY DOOR.

 

FOR PETE'S SAKE, IT IS A LIBRARY DOOR

 

Irene saw a familiar girl walking towards to the nearest seat placed to her. So she silently crawled back to the shelves and hide. She heard Wendy mutters incoherent words before she sat and pull out her laptop.

Wendy is too busy and angry to notice Irene’s presence.

Irene just stares at Wendy. Finding that the way Wendy scrunch her nose, frowns and any kind of face she was making is so entertaining.

Irene definitely imagines that whoever the professor of Wendy’s project is, He was murdered by Wendy hundred times, mentally.

 

“Wendy!!!!!!!” The door opened again and Irene startled. She knows that voice.

“Seulgi, for Pete’s sake this is library, you are needed to close your mouth and don’t talk.”

“Wendy, I’m a college student and I know what the rules inside the library are.  And for your information according to the rules just ‘lower down your voice’ not ‘don’t talk’ ”

“Why are you here?”

“I was looking for you and I want you to buy me food.” Seulgi seated beside wendy. She noticed Irene but the girl gestured not to tell wendy.

Wendy became grumpier with Seulgi. Irene finds it cute. She doesn’t know why but Wendy became so different when seulgi came in the library. She saw how wendy change from the stiff hard working student to a grumpy hamster.

“Seungwan, can you lower your voice, you’re in the library, and stop whining”

“but there is no one here. “

“yeah whate-“

“AAAAAAHHHHH. DAMN THIS RESEARCH PAPER. I HATE THIS.Why does he need to move the deadline earlier than it was?!” Wendy shouted due to her frustrations and ruffles her hair

Irene giggled even though she don’t understand what Wendy just said since it is English.

“damn girl, earlier, you were asking me to shut my mouth, I already told you that you need help” Seulgi said.

 

Few more exchange of words when Seulgi decided to left the seat beside the sleeping Wendy who was taking a nap. Seulgi walk towards Irene direction.

 

“I’m sorry about Wendy, she can be… animal sometimes.” Seulgi chuckled. Irene giggled.

 

“She’s different for what I know and what I’ve heard but its okay; she’s having a hard time. I understand. ” Irene said.

 

“By the way unnie, nice place to hide huh, so smart” Seulgi plastered a playful smirk, “They are looking for you outside”

 

“Who?”

 

“Your admirers, you’ve been missing in the department for a while now and they were searching for you.”

 

“You made me sound like a criminal or something” Irene scoffed

 

“Irene unnie, can you help Wendy, with her research?”

 

“why don’t you help her? You are the bestfriend.”

 

“I want to but I am not the smarty one. Unlike you, you know. The great st--”

 

“ok, ok ,ok. Stop. What can I get from it if I help her?” Irene raised her eyebrow to Seulgi waiting for her to response.

 

“You can kiss me.”

 

“Next please”

 

“You can hug me unnie as long as you want, as looooooooooong as you want”

 

“No”

 

“you can ask me out?”

 

“Hell no”

 

“You can ask me to have a fake relationship with me to get rid of your admirers”

 

“ain’t that dumb to do that”

 

seulgi stops for a minute to think what can make irene help wendy

 

“You can ask wendy to bake you something?” Seulgi was unsure of the statement but who cares.

 

“She can bake?” Irene questioned. She didn’t know that. Why the hell she didn’t know that?

 

“Yes, she can actually  bake you carrot cake if yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter