forget

In Real Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“forget”

His name, Chen or Kim Jongdae, had been considered a taboo by Apink without really conducting a meeting after the big reveal of the first 93 liner. There was no need for a discussion because why would Bomi want to hear her ex’s name from a member’s mouth?

After Bomi left for the recording of Weekly Idol, Naeun and Namjoo huddled in Chorong’s spacy room much to the tofu leader’s complaints. A small circle formed beside the bed on the floor. The question they’ve been wanting to ask each other – but they couldn’t because of Bomi – blurted out of their mouths almost at the same time.

“I’m telling you, she’s really hiding something from us.” The problem.

Chorong grunted. “Why do we need to discuss this again?”

Namjoo pulled a face like she couldn’t believe what the eldest just said.

“Because she’s hiding something from us,” she exclaimed, “again!”

Chorong sighed instead of replying and grabbed a slice of pizza from the plate placed in the middle of them three.

“I think she’s right, unnie,” Naeun nodded in agreement. “She’s really been acting weird lately.”

Namjoo took a big bite from her pizza slice as she wriggled her eyebrows at Chorong who was busy with her phone at the moment.

“Yah, do you really think that I haven’t realized her strange behavior?” She gave them one look before turning her attention back to her phone. “Hey!” She scolded Naeun who had been trying to peek on what she’s doing several seconds ago.

“As expected. Fighting with him on the phone again,” Naeun exasperated. “I don’t think I can stay in a relationship where even the little things are brought into discussion.”

Chorong glared at her which made Naeun shrug. “Just my opinion.”

“Let’s get back to the main topic, shall we?” Namjoo snapped her fingers twice in front of the two.

Chorong gave her phone one look before turning it off and placing it down on the floor.

“She’s been acting weird since 2014. We all know the reason why now, but…” she hesitated and closed her eyes, “…but I think I know one more reason…”

Namjoo and Naeun waited for her to explain further. When Chorong opened her eyes, she diverted her eyes to the pizza instead of looking at the two.

“I can’t tell you unless Bbom confirms it herself to me,” she told them.

 

MAMA 2013.

Idols are experts when it comes to putting on cheerful smiles on their faces even when they are only forcing themselves.

Right now, Bomi faked too many smiles to the fans that she thought her jaw locked in place. She’s genuinely happy to attend the awards with her members, but she’s too emotionally tired to deal with the blinding, flashing lights, the enormous stage, the screaming fans, and the enthusiastic smiles of her members. Most of all, she’s too tired of her sullen self all because of an insensitive, distant boy. The boy who’s to blame fore her state right now.

During the event, the Apink members, and some Exo members, notice their leaders’ odd behavior like Suho going near Chorong’s back to get a bottled water. Baekhyun laughed when Suho glanced at once when Chorong and Bomi appeared on the screen during 2ne1’s performance. But Suho wasn’t a leader for nothing, other than the fact that a particular she was oozing with sophistication and charisma making it hard for him to not glance at her, he also noticed Baekhyun’s strange behavior during the awards. He did know why so he chose to take note of this in the back of his mind.

On the other hand, Jongdae pulled Chanyeol’s suit just so he could distance him away from Bomi. The artists were already going down stage and seeing him together with her triggered his occasional possesiveness. After doing so, he thought he was helpless. What was he doing, really?

Everything’s a mess. He’s about to hurt the girl he loves the most. He’s acting all possesive when he has no right to, not after what he’s going to do. There’s also a dispute between some of s.

 

Everything did become a mess. 2014 claimed the spot as the worst year yet of their personal lives.

Kris left EXO. Lots of lawsuits. Lots of crying, angered fans. Baekhyun and Taeyeon of SNSD began dating. Then, Luhan also left the group.

 

Bomi and Jongdae were now strangers in the music industry.  

 

“Hello?” Bomi whispered to the speaker of her phone.

She was currently alone in the parking lot resting her back to Apink’s van. Her manager had to get the other members who were taking too long with eating and taking a bath. Even the leader who woke her up early in the morning was still in their dorm.

“Um, hello?” She repeated it twice before hearing muffled sounds in the background.

It’s been a while since the last time Byun Baekhyun called her. It’s also been a while since they messaged each other. She honestly missed him and his terrible puns. His sudden silence bothered her.

Nobody answered.

Her situation reminded her of two things: when her ex-boyfriend ignored all her calls and messages, and when Baekhyun tricked her using Jongdae’s phone.

Growing distance, no explanations, silence.

Her chest throbbed. Chest pains again.

She hung up upon seeing Eunji and Hayoung getting out from the elevator. Her face automatically brightened. She smiled at the both of them clinging to her arms the moment they reach her. Thank God for my loving members, she whispered.

“Did you say something, unnie?” the tallest of the three of them asked.

She shook her head. They entered the van while chatting about their families.

 

Idol life had always been hectic. Comebacks, festivals, promotions overseas, concerts, fanmeetings, tv castings, broadcasts, program recordings, performance events, and other various scheduled activities.

 

Bomi came back to the dorm from her evening walk. She spotted Chorong, lying on the couch currently sleeping, and Namjoo, focused on the movie she’s watching on TV.

“Hey.”

“Welcome back, unnie,” Namjoo greeted back without giving her a glance.

 

Dream Concert 2014.

Don’t be sad no no no, you’re not alone no no no

Apink proudly sang the last chorus of the song, still energized by the crowd’s loud fanchants.

Hold my hand, come and lean on me

I’ll always be your strength

They reached the rhythmic beat at the end of the song, dancing to it at full power. The song ended and the crowd cheered them on as they leave the stage before screaming, “EXO! EXO”

Apink headed to the right side of the stage where they will be exiting. At first, though, they momentarily forgot where they’ll be exiting and headed to the left exit before remembering to go to the right exit. Bomi met eyes with Baekhyun. Both of them didn’t smile and Bomi acted like she saw no one.

At the right exit, EXO-M was waiting for their turn. Apink greeted them with a bow before going backstage. The air felt dry. Bomi tensed up and her lips formed a thin line. Chen. He was there in front of her so she bowed to him, avoiding unnecessary eye contact, and he did the same. Time seemed to slow down upon seeing him so close after all this time.

She passed by him like the encounter didn’t matter to her. She tried to hold back the urge to look back at him but terribly failed. A pair of eyes had already been on her when she looked back.

Time froze. Her legs almost gave away and her breath hitched. She bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter