Final

Pizza My Tatas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I would like to sign up for membership?”

Standing in front of Wendy’s Pizza Shop’s counter was Irene Bae Joohyun, appareled in stunning tight shirt and skinny jeans, her lips curving upwards into a shy smile as she spoke. Irene’s parents were going overseas for a month, leaving her to scavenge for food.

She figured she had to secure a steady supply of discounted pizzas to last her for a month.

A girl with a nametag that read ‘Wendy’ slid her a piece of paper with blanks to fill. It wasn’t until Wendy looked up when her breath abruptly left her lung. She made a weird deflating sound that earned her a look from Irene herself. Wendy hadn’t realized she had backed herself up further from the girl, refused to open as a sigh of awe threatened to escape.

So there Wendy stood. Backed up against the wall, mouth slammed shut, lungs deflated, holding in her breath as Irene too carefully filled up her details painfully slow. Wendy stayed holding her breath till her face turned purple. Ah, Irene’s favourite colour.

Maybe the purple was what made Irene chuckle, or maybe it was the sight of Wendy looking like a dying starfish, with her limbs sprawled out against the wall. Either ways, it made a memorable impression on Irene’s afternoon.

“For today, I would like a large cheese pizza”.

Before Irene left the shop, Wendy smirked to herself,

 “I think, you need extra cheese.”

--

Who would have thought something would start from ordering pizza.

 

 The following day, Irene heard the bell sound from her room. She opened the door to find a slightly taller girl looking like she had too much sugar. She had a wide grin spreading across her face and her eyes looked like they were widened, staring into space.

“Hi Miss bae, I’m Joy you can call me Park Soo Young it’s my first day at work and I’m supposed to get you your pizza but I wasn’t sure which unit is your house phew I’m so glad I met the right person, wait are you Miss Bae Joo Hyun oh no what if I got the wrong person I’m so sorry please don’t tell anyone oh my“, She spat rapid fire, Her expression changing from ecstasy to worried.

 

“Ah yes I’m Irene Bae, here’s the money” Irene handed over the money before she was able to go through a mental breakdown. Joy was practically bouncing at that point, she started making a half-laughing, half-choking sound coated with, well, joy.

“oh joy oh joy oh joy oh joy oh joy oh joy” she chanted.

“Uh, take less sugar” Irene gave a worried look before she closed the door.

Irene normally would not have been thrilled opening a box of pizza but upon uncovering its content, she found the inside of the cover to be glutted with words. The cardboard was scribbled with cheeky, flirty, and yes, cheesy lines. It wasn’t just one line, Irene could tell a certain Canadian spent much time and effort, probably picking these lines from google, some being so cliché Irene almost dropped the box.  

“Did it hurt? When you fell out of heaven?”

“Do you have a map? I just keep on getting lost in your eyes”

Irene cringed.

“Did u just come out of the oven, cuz u r hot!”

“somebody better call God, cuz he's missing an angel!”

Finally, at the bottom of the board was scribbled with a
 

‘To: Bae ;)

From: Wendy’

Irene laughed. She couldn’t believe she was hit on by a pizza shop owner. It wasn’t like she didn’t pay attention to the girl behind the counter, in fact, she could boldly say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter