Pre-Wedding Jitters

Pre-Wedding Jitters - Ravi

A warm soft light welcomed you home as you passed through the front door, the lingering scent of your fiance hung in the air as you closed the front door behind you quietly. Your eyes wondered around your shared apartment, the gentle comforting light bled from the kitchen to the living room as just the lights hanging over your island were lit. Placing your hand purse on the bench in the entry, you knelt down and unbuckled your strapped black pumps that matched your one shoulder, tightly fitting clubbing dress perfectly.

Once you got your heels unbuckled, you freed your feet from the heels as a sigh slipped from your lips once your bare feet touched the cool wooden planks beneath your feet.

Standing upright for a moment, the soft light in your apartment hit your engagement ring at just the right moment, catching your eye, your gazed down at your engagement ring. The diamond sat proudly in the center of two smaller diamonds as the silver band hugged your finger perfectly. A loving smile gently curled onto your slightly glossed over lips.

Shuffling feet caught your attention causing your eyes to lift to see Ravi, your fiance, moseying out of the bedroom. A grey t shirt hugged his toned shoulders and chest just slightly while his navy blue, plaid pajamas hung loosely around his legs. Picking up the heels in your hands, you shuffled across the hardwood floor and made your way into the kitchen.

“Hey love” He cooed as you placed your shoes on the far side of the island.

“Hey I didn’t think that you would be back already” You replied, as you made your way over to the refrigerator. Opening the door, the cool air hit you. Reaching in and grabbing a water bottle, you pulled out your selection and closed the door behind you

“Yeah.. well.. the guys I went out with left with some girls so I was all alone at the bar and I thought you would be home and I didn’t want you to be alone so… here I am” Ravi explained leaning against the counter as you rested against the stainless steel appliance. “How was your night?”

“It was good, my girlfriends were fun until they all got drunk out of their minds and went home by taxi and so I walked home” You sipped your water slowly while your fingers gently twisted your engagement ring from side to side.

“I am glad you made it home safe” He remarked, “You could have called me. I would have picked you up”

You watched him as he folded his arms over his chest as you popped one leg out as you shook your head, “I didn’t know that you were home or I would have…”

Finishing your water, you filled up the water bottle and slipped it back into the fridge before you covered your mouth with your hand as you yawned.

“Why don’t you wash up, then we can head to bed. We have an eventful day tomorrow” Ravi came over to you and wrapped his arm around your waist.

Nodding your head, you wrapped your arm around him as the two of you turned into each other. Wrapping your other arm around him and resting your head against his chest, you allowed your eyes to close as the consistent thumping of his heart. Focusing on his heart, his hands slowly roamed your back, his fingers spreading across the exposed skin on your back. Ravi’s head gently rested on yours as his warm breath ghosted over one side of your face.

“You look really beautiful” He whispered before placing a kiss amongst your hair.

“Thank you, I hope you think I am beautiful tomorrow too” You mumbled against the grey cotton t shirt of his.

“You will be, I can’t even imagine how beautiful you will look tomorrow” He whispered while his fingers slowly tangled into your hair.

Pulling away from each other after a little while, he planted a kiss on your forehead before his eyes slowly locked on yours. A faint light reflected in his eyes as you watched his eyes gently sparkle, the gaze in his eyes caused your heart to speed up just slightly so that a warm feeling radiated from your heart.

“I don’t think you can get anymore handsome” You whispered back, a smile imprinting itself on your lips.

“Come on miss, let’s get you to bed, I think you have had one too many drinks” Ravi smiled and pushed you towards your bedroom.

“Yah, why are you pushing me” You whined as you leaned back onto his hands, firmly planted on each of your shoulder blades.

“We have to get to bed” Ravi replied simply.

“Fine, fine” You huffed, “ You get into bed and I will meet you there” You turned around and tapped the top of his nose with your finger before you slipped behind the bathroom door.

“I’m waiting up for you though” He called through the door

“Fine by me” You called back before you the water to the shower and slipped out of your clubbing dress.

After an incredibly relaxing shower, you stepped out and wrapped yourself in a towel as you trotted across the floor to the closet. Pulling out some comfy pajamas, you changed quickly before combing and drying your hair. Once your nightly routine was finished, you stood at the door frame of your bathroom as you peered over at Ravi all snuggly under the covers of your shared bed.

Leaning your shoulder against the frame of the door, you watched him for a moment or two before you flipped off the lights then made your way over to your side of the bed and slipped under the covers. Resting your head against your pillow, your eyes gazed up at the dark ceiling above your head.

Closing your eyes for a moment or two you took in a deep breath and held it in for a moment or two before letting it out. Sliding your hand up your body, you rested it on your chest to feel your racing heart, trying to take a few more deep breaths, you couldn’t seem to shake the nerves that were beginning to show their colors. Casually rolling your head over to see Ravi, you laid your eyes upon the back of his head, rolling your head back over, you rolled your body towards him as your head cautiously rested between his shoulder blades.

Not feeling comfortable in that position, you moved your body the other direction as your back faced his. Your eyes found the green numbers on your bedside table to capture your attention for a slight moment. The numbers turned and ticked as the bed gently shifted under Ravi’s weight, feeling his body near yours, you closed your eyes trying to be asleep while his arm slowly rested over your side.

The warmth of his body welcomed you, sliding your back against his chest, his hand gently rubbed your stomach lazily as his warm breath ghosted over your exposed neck and shoulder.

“Ravi?” You questioned, clamping your eyes shut wondering if he was awake or not.

“Mhmm” His deep voice called back through the darkness

“Are you scared?” Your three words cut through the thick night air as you felt Ravi’s fingers gently brush along your stomach as you knew you were shaking from the nerves.

“Scared of…” He probed, his voice kind and welcoming as you knew you couldn’t stop telling him about it now, even though you wanted to.

“Tomorrow” You whispered quietly as you words spilled out with a deep breath

“Not really, are you?” Ravi mumbled against your hair as his free hand folded under his head, his eyes half lidded while they watched your side profile. Silence grew between the two of you as your fingers found his, allowing your fingers to play with his a little.

“A little” You answered quieter than before

“Why, babe?” Ravi pressed himself closer to you as you felt his legs brushe against your bare ones. Your tongue slowly traveled over your pink lips as your finger found his engagement ring.

“What if you don’t meet me at the alter? What if it doesn’t work out between us? What if this is all just a dream and I am going to wake up tomorrow without you…” You whispered biting your lip harshly while your fingers played with his once more.

“Babe… everything will go well and it will be beautiful and perfect. I promise” Ravi slowly sat up on his elbow so he could look at you better, turning your head, he watched your worry laced eyes search his almost frantically. “We may hit some rough spots and may have a fight here and there but I would rather fix it with you than to start over with someone new.”

He places some soft kisses over your face as you slowly turned towards him and s your arms around his torso. His arm pulled you against him while his head rested against yours. “To answer your final question, if this is a dream, I will be sure not to wake you.” He smiles and holds you tighter, your head nestled into the secure chest of your fiance. “I don’t want to wake from this dream either.”

Silence filled the room once again, your breathing matched his as you listened to your heart while mimicking his trying to calm your own heart down. Your body still shook from time to time as you knew he could feel it with his large hand sprawled on your back.

“Don’t worry, I love you and we will make this work and I will be with you for better or for worse” You nod softly at his words as he kisses along your neck slowly knowing just how to relax and calm you down.

“Why don’t we fall asleep now? We have a big day tomorrow” He whispers while you nod off to sleep as he hums your couple song sweetly allowing you to relax and to unwind from all of the stress and planning that comes with a wedding.

“See you at the alter tomorrow, my beautiful bride”