My Problem

This Is...

 

Min’s head rested on Chansung’s shoulder as she quickly drifted off to sleep. Chansung looked at her and thought to himself.

 

Aish~ This girl is really rude! Sleep while I’m talking?? Tshhh~

 

He shook his head and smiled as he stared at her face. He shrunk to his seat gently so Min’s head lay comfortably on his shoulder.

 

Minnie-young~ Why are you so beautiful?

 

He chuckled. He’d been friends with Min since 2004; that was the year Min came back to Korea for two months.

 

Those two months were one of the best times of my life… I never knew I’d meet someone like her. She’s everything I never thought anyone could possibly be -- Perfect.

 

Chansung felt happy as he reminisced the first time he and Min met. He’d been a trainee in JYP for quite some time already when he saw an unfamiliar face walking along the corridors with all its teeth out. A petite girl with chubby cheeks but a very slim figure was laughing with his hyung, Jay. Her hair was black and long. He liked how it made her face look even smaller. Jay saw him and introduced them to one another. He found out that she’d been a trainee long before he was. Jay boasted about Min’s dancing and forced Min to show her dancing skills to Chansung.

 

I never knew girls could move like that… She looked so passionate and amazing.

 

And for two months, Chansung’s life revolved around Min. He loved talking to her. He loved laughing at her and laughing with her. He loved teasing her. He loved touching her soft hair. He loved dancing with her. He loved being with her. And when Min left for the States again, Chansung felt something within him change.

 

I never missed anyone as much as I had missed her… It was like... A part of me was missing.

 

The first two weeks without her killed me everyday. I thought about her all the time and wished with all of me that she’d come back soon.

 

The bus stopped and Min awakened. It was time for them to go down. They made their way through the streets and reached grandma’s house. Min yawned as Chansung pushed the elevator button.

 

“Tired already?” asked Chansung with a sheepish smile.

 

“A bit.” Min answered with a weak smile. She walked into the elevator and Chansung followed her.

 

“What do you think of Kikwang?”, asked Chansung as the elevator door closed.

 

“Hmmmm~ He seems nice. Why?”

 

“Just wondering.”

 

The door opened and they walked along the corridor and rang the bell. Min’s grandma opened the door and greeted Chansung warmly. She slightly raised her voice at Min when she asked where she’d been. Her grandma said she’d been worried since Min had told her she’d be home before dinner. Chansung apologized for Min and explained that it was his fault.

 

“You’re lucky Chansung is here! Or I’d force you to sleep outside tonight…”, said Min’s grandma as she went to her room.

 

Min made a face and punched Chansung on the arm lightly.

 

“Sorry! But you should’ve texted her, you know.”

 

Min rolled her eyes.

 

How can I forget to text grandma???

 

“Will you sleep here?”, she asked coldly.

 

Chansung shook his head. “I’ll leave after I play with Eunbin for a little bit.”

 

Min nodded. “I’ll go wash up first then.”

 

Chansung made her way to Min’s room as Min headed for the bathroom. The medium-sized pink crib on the opposite side of Min’s room held a small baby girl wearing white pajamas. Chansung looked at Eunbin while he caressed her cheeks with his fingers.

 

Oops! I need to wash my hands first!

 

“Wait here, Eunbin, okay? Appa will just be gone for a little while.”

 

Chansung rushed to the kitchen and washed his hands thoroughly. On his way back to Min’s room, he saw Min’s bag on the couch. He decided to take all the milk out and put them in their place. He then took some of the powdered milk and made milk for him, Min and Eunbin. He really likes the taste of powdered milk, whether they were for babies or for old people, he didn’t care.

 

He went back to the room with a tray that had a small milk bottle and two cups of milk.

 

“Binnie~ Appa is back!” , said Chansung as he set the tray down and took the bottle with him to the crib.

 

“Did you miss me, baby? Aww, you did? Of course you did! Cause you love your appa so much, right?”, said Chansung as he tickled Eunbin with his fingers. Eunbin giggled and showed her toothless mouth.

 

“Appa?? You still call my Binnie, appa??”, said Min as she walked to the crib.

 

Chansung turned to Min and smiled awkwardly.

 

“Come on, Minnie! I’m practically like her dad!”

 

Min raised her eyebrow and snickered. She took the milk bottle from Chansung and lifted Eunbin into her arms.

 

“Hey, Binnie~ Did oppa scare you again? Awww~”

 

Chansung looked at Min with disbelief and Min stuck her tongue out. She sat beside Chansung who was sitting on the edge of her bed. She took the bottle near Eunbin’s mouth and let her drink. Chansung watched Min as she gently swayed Eunbin.

 

“I want to hold her, too.”

 

Min smiled at Chansung and slowly shifted Eunbin so Chansung could take her. Eunbin looked smaller now that Chansung’s holding her. Min kissed Eunbin’s cheek and made her drink from the bottle again.

 

“How about me??” asked Chansung as he took the bottle from Min’s hand.

 

“What?”

 

“None for me??”

 

Min stared at Chansung in confusion and realized Chansung had made milk for them.  She took both cups and sat back next to him.

 

“Here.” Min flashed a wide smile while holding one cup of milk to him.

 

Chansung laughed and shook his head. “Later, I can’t hold everything all at once, you know…”

 

“And I was actually referring to the kiss, not the milk…” mumbled Chansung in a low voice.

 

“Hmmm? What did you say?”

 

Chansung blinked several times. "Uhhh..." 

 

“I asked if you’re already okay.”

 

“What do you mean?” said Min as she takes a sip of milk from the cup.

 

“Are you sure you want to work again? Your body might not be able to take it…”

 

“Teaching isn’t hard, oppa. And I only teach dance twice a week and for the rest of my work days, I teach English. So don’t worry about me, okay?”

 

Chansung let out a sigh. “You say that like that’s possible…”

 

“It is, oppa. Just trust me.” Min smiled her most assuring smile.

 

Chansung stood up and brought the sleeping Eunbin back to her crib. Min followed and tucked her in, giving her another peck on the forehead.

 

"Goodnight, baby~", she whispered to Eunbin.

 

“I don’t trust the world, Minnie. You’re too precious to be let out alone.”

 

Min couldn’t help but laugh at what Chansung said.

 

“I am not kidding, Lee Minyoung. You’re one of a kind…”

 

By this time, Min was pulling Chansung towards their living room.

 

“I am scared something will happen to you when I’m not with you… You don’t know what it feels to be in constant worry…”

 

Min opened the front door and looked at Chansung.

 

“I don’t wanna lose you.”

 

Min pulled one side of to a half smile.

 

“I won’t go anywhere, oppa. I’ll always be here, don’t worry. And stop worrying too much. You’re an idol and I don’t want to be one of the things that stresses you out.”

 

“But, Minnie—“

 

“No buts, oppa. You should go home now.”

 

Min pulled Chansung towards her and gave him a hug. Chansung hugged back tightly and whispered,

 

“But I love you, Minnie…”

 

Min breathed in deeply and exhaled on Chansung’s chest. She let go of him and held on to the door.

 

“I love you, too, oppa. Take care on your way home, okay?”

 

Chansung looked at Min and faked a smile. He ruffled her hair and walked out the door. He turned around and Min waved at him. He waved back while Min closed the door.

 

Chansung looked up at the bulb that lighted the doorstep. He felt a pang shot at his heart. He closed his eyes and started breathing deeply.

 

...

 

What do I have to do…

 

...

 

Min held onto her chest. She leaned back at their door and looked up. She closed her eyes and breathed in, then exhaled loudly.

 

...

 

What do I have to do…

 

...

 

Chansung could feel the water forming in his eyes.

 

But he didn't want to cry. 

 

....

 

So you can fall in love with me, too?

 

...

 

Min felt a tear escape from her eye. She used the back of her right hand to wipe her eye.

 

...

 

So I can fall in love with you, too?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry my 24 hours became 48 hours! I just didn't think I'd be so busy o; Please forgive me! I hope the story's okay so far! Thanks everyone!