Prologue

The Walking VIXX

 "It's 8 p.m. Thank you for joining us on Sunday for our newscast,I'm Daniel Choy. Today's Headlines : President Park to meet ruling, opposition party leaders to seek support for economy bills ; paralysed man walks again after pioneering spinal surgery ; Seoul likely to restrictions relaxed in revised civilian nuclear pact with Washington. But first, let's see our reporter in Atlanta, United States, about this strange epidemic that no one seems to control"

 

The TV shut down suddenly.

"Changhee, honey, don't watch those. You have school tomorrow let's go to sleep"

The little boy turns to his mother and gets up. He takes her hand, a worried look on his face. His mother looks down at him, she doesn't realise what's going on.

 

The day after, America has cut all sort of communication with the world. Every country is under quarantine. Travelers can't return to their homecountries, risk is too big. It seems like a craziness takes over people.

Nobody knows how it all started but everyone talks about it, some even start to say the name : zombies. No one wants to believe this, but it makes his way in public opinion.

 

California, a Korean man, obviously sick stand in the middle of San Francisco airport. He lets out a relieved sigh. He managed to book the last available seat on the last plane to Korea before every flight gets cancelled, thanks to his notorious name. He coughs in his elbow. Blood gets on his clothes. He wipes it off, hoping nobody saw him. He turns around, finds a seat and waits until the stewardess announces his flight.

 

He heads off toward the plane and gets in. They left without a single problem. The man finds his seat. 12 hours of flight, he better take a nap.

He wakes up, it's night. Everyone is sleeping. There's a little girl next to him, she wasn't there when he fall asleep. She looks at him, she seems worried.

"You got blood on your mouth" she says suddenly.

The man touches his lips and try to wipe it off, but there's too much.

"Don't worry, I'm a little sick, it's nothing" he says.

He gets up and goes to the bathroom. He hates plane's bathroom so much, so small, so dirty. He looks up at the mirror, he looks really bad. Really. He doesn't even know how he managed to arrive in the bathroom.

He takes a bit of water and washes his swollen face. As he reaches for the door, he collapses and hits his head on the floor. Hard. He doesn't wake up.

 

It's been half an hour the man left. The little girl wonders what he is doing. She glances at her right. Her dad is asleep as can be, she's bored. She decides to go and see what the man is doing. When she arrives, she hears strange noises coming from the bathroom. It seems like... someone is growling ?

She tries to open the door, it's locked. She walks a little more on the driveway, maybe a steward is still up.

"Excuse me miss, where are your parents ?" a voice asks behind her.

The little girl turns around to see a smiling lady squatting at her height.

"Someone is blocked in the bathroom I think" she answers.

"Oh. Come on, we'll take a look"

They both go toward the bathroom. The stewardess knocks on the door.

"Hey ? Is someone in there ? Are you okay ?"

She backs up quickly when a loud noise comes out, something crashed on the door. The little girl is still behind her, half hidden.

Tremulous, the stewardess takes a keyset out of her pocket. She unlocks the door.

Nothing happens for a while. Suddenly, the door breaks open and something jump on the stewardess. It bites her in the throat and won't let go. The thing's face is awful, as if rotten and eyes are injected in blood.

The little girls screams.

But it's too late.

 

In less than 3 hours, the whole plane is infected. It crashes onto the ground.

Virus has arrived on another continent.

Everyone is asleep out there. That's right, America is far from Korea, no need to worry.

Shadows get out of the plane. Their steps are choppy, as if they didn't control anything. They disperse quickly in the area.

Everyone is still asleep.