August 15th

The Cycle.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We start this story on the 15th of August. A hot and blazing day. I was with Minhae at the park. The sun was so willing to share all of its heat, making the sweat on or faces drip as we wiped them away with the back of our hands.

"You know... I don't actually mind the heat..." I said. Minhae chuckled, "Hansol, you're really weird. How can you enjoy this heat so much? I absolutely hate summer..." she said with a pout as she pet a black cat. I chuckled and ruffled your hair, "How can you even be so cute..?" I said before giving Minhae a kiss on her cheek.

Minhae whined, "Yah! I'm all sweaty, don't do that~!" she said before turning away from me, an apparent blush on her face. I laughed, "Okay I'm sorry~" I said. Minhae rolled her eyes before looking at me. She stood up with the cat in her hands before kissing my lips with a quick peck.

I smiled before kissing her cheek again. She pouted, but before she could say anything, the cat ran from her arms and started heading into the direction of the road. "..." Minhae said before looking at me, "I have to go..." she said before running off. "Wha..." I said before standing up and chasing her.

Minhae was running after the cat, who was already in the middle of the street. She should be fine, the light on the other side is still green. I thought. But on the instant that the light had turned red, I stopped.

Minhae was still in the middle of the street. There were no cars as of yet but... "MINHAE!!!!!" I screamed. She turned back at me, hearing my screams. 

But someone didn't.

I caught a glimpse of the black cat's yellow eyes, before I heard it.

The sound of a truck crashing into Minhae.

I looked at her body in complete shock. I didn't know what to do. Minhae's body was lifeless. Her sweet scent had disappeared, and what was left was the stench of blood. Some of which, were splattered onto my clothes. I didn't want to look.

I turned away from her, when I saw a man. Maybe it was an illusion, I didn't know... 

A man whose hair was black and covering his face, he laughed at me, "You want to run away, but you can't..." he said before running off, passing by me with an intense heat following him.

I looked at Minhae again, before sobbing and crying, letting out a scream. 

I shot up in my bed. It was the afternooon, as hot as it was yesterday. I rubbed my head, having a headache. I looked at the clock to see the time, "12:00 PM" it read. I checked my phone for the date. August 15th.

What..? Wasn't that yesterday? So... did it mean... that was a dream..? 

I quickly got out of my bed, before puttin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter