The 'Fateful' Night

Escape My Lips

Bom’s POV

Aigoo! This is so tiring. It’s 11:30 pm and I’m still at the cafe. I still have classes tomorrow morning. Thank God I’ve finished washing the cups, teaspoons and plates and aigoo! There were so many! I think my hands are really sore. My manager instructed me to clean all of them because my friend, Dara, is sick so she didn’t come to work and I have to do all of these. There are so many cups and teaspoons and plates! Well, I’m working nightshift at Cafe de Seoul, one of the famous cafes here in South Korea, that’s why there are many customers and many cups were used everyday. I removed my apron and picked up my bag from my locker then headed to the main switch of the cafe. I turned it off, locked the glass doors and left.

It’s really dark and I’m not used to walking alone after work. Dara and I always walk together after work because she lives near my apartment. I asked her to look after Sooyeon since she’s just resting for today. My Sooyeon and Dara are probably asleep now. That Ssantokki! I asked her to look after Sooyeonnie but I’m guessing she fell asleep first. Kekeke!

Bang! Suddenly, I heard a gunshot. I immediately ducked and hid behind a trash bin. Oh my goodness! I don’t want to die! I still want to watch Sooyeon grow up into a successful woman. It is dark here and hopefully they won’t see me. I heard many footsteps coming closer to my location. Oh please help me! I don’t want to-

“There he is!”

Crap! I lowered my head and inched closer to the trash bin. I didn’t even notice that stinky smell coming from the bin. To my shock, somebody had grabbed my arm and pulled me up against him.

“Stop right there!”

My back was pressed against his chest and he circled his arm around my waist harshly. I felt a cold metal pressed on my neck. I don’t know what makes me shiver. The coldness of the knife or my fear.

“I will kill this civilian if you don’t let me go.”

I gulped hard. Really hard. What have I gotten myself into? I’m just a random girl who just wants to watch her sister grow up into a fine, successful woman. I still have to pay millions of won to those gangsters my father was in debt to. Wait! What if this guy behind me is one of those gangsters? Oh my!

I tried to look straight ahead. If I dare to make a move, the knife will surely slash my neck. I saw a man a few meters ahead of us. Although I can’t see his face because it is too dark here, I can sense his presence. There is something around his mere presence that makes your knees wobbling. Now that’s crazy!

The guy in front of us didn’t even bulge. He just stood a few meters away from us, still pointing his white gold gun to our direction.

“Yah! I will definitely kill this girl! Let me go or else-”

“Go kill her.”

Wow! I mean his voice is dangerously low and y and velvety and what the hell! His voice is so scary that the guy behind my back stepped backwards. I felt my body stiffened. Just when I thought he’s going to save me from this guy. I’m doomed now. Surprisingly, I heard more footsteps coming closer to us. Please let it be the policemen! I promise that I will pay those banana breads that I have eaten back at the cafe.

“Hyung! Are you alright?”

“Boss! Let us take care of Tablo and the girl. We’ll dispose their bodies immediately.”

Then I saw men in black suits at the back of the guy with the white gold gun. They’re like 10 people all with loaded guns on their hands. I can see them because of some faint light coming from a building but I can’t see the face of the guy with the white gun. Wait! What ‘their bodies’? Why do they need to include me? I am innocent! I’ve done nothing wrong to them! Maybe my father did but I’m really trying my best to pay my father’s debts. I didn’t notice the tears that was starting to pour out of my eyes. I’m just a 21 year old girl with a little girl counting on me to survive. I don’t want to die young! I still haven’t accomplished my dreams and ambitions yet. My cries were getting louder and louder and I can’t help it. I’m so scared.  I felt so weak that I can’t even defend myself. I don’t want to die and be left here alone on the sidewalk. I don’t want Sooyeon to grow up like me who struggled to live alone for years. I don’t want her to experience those hardships that I’ve experienced.

The arm around me tightened. This ‘Tablo’ guy behind me must have panicked because of the men standing behind that guy with the white gun. All of their guns were pointed to our direction and I felt like a deer caught in headlights. Deafening silence engulfed us and I can feel the guy behind me shaking. Maybe because of fear. The guy in front of us stood still not breaking eye contact with me. I still can’t see his face because it’s too dark but I can somehow decipher him. And my goodness, I can literally hear my heart ready to pump out of my body. Either I’ll die because of the knife or the guns pointed at me.

But I think my prayers were heard when the guy in front of us suddenly withdrew his gun back. He’s still holding the gun but he already raised both of his arms up as if he’s surrendering. Almost instantly, the guys behind him also lowered their guns. The guy with the white gun started bending down to place his gun on the ground when all of a sudden-

“Ahhh!”

“Damn!” The guy with the gold gun cursed.

Bang! Suddenly, I heard a gunshot. I looked up and I finally saw the face of the guy with the white gun. The guy behind me stabbed my left arm! I thought he’s going to let me go unharmed. I’ve experienced pain at such a young age. When my mother died, when my father beats me everytime he comes home drunk, when those bullies on my school makes fun of me for being an orphan. But I’ve never experienced much pain until now. My eyes overflow with tears.

The ‘Tablo’ guy behind me let me go and his body dropped on the ground. I let my knees drop on the ground too because I can’t take the pain anymore. I held my arm to prevent the blood from coming out but it is useless. I let go of my arm and starred at my right hand. It is stained with blood. My own blood. My vision started to blur as I felt my breath shortened.

I heard footsteps coming closer to me as I felt my eyelids close.

 

-----

 

Seunghyun's POV

I thought this little hostage-taking drama will be over when suddenly Tablo stabbed the girl on her arm. I shot him and let those guys behind me do their job. I was planning on letting him go since I’ve got G-dragon’s men on the other side of the alley.

“Hyung! Why did you bring the girl here? Why are you risking us again?”

I carefully placed my white gun on the table. We’re at my living room and we’ve just finished a meeting with the other members who were present at that incident.

“I’m risking nothing.” I simply said to Daesung. “I’ve killed the traitor. There’s no problem.”

“Yes there is. That girl! She saw you! She saw your face.” I can sense that Daesung is very worried. Once our identity is exposed, everything will change. The main door slammed open. A worn-out looking Seungri with Jiyong and Youngbae behind him dashed towards me.

“Hyung! TOP hyung! Where is the traitor?! Where is he? I’m going to kill him!” Seungri asked me frantically as if he’s ready to kill someone. This poor kid! He hasn’t even killed anyone since he joined ‘The Bigbang’. We’ve always let him finish off some of our enemies but he always end up not doing it. He always says that he isn’t ready to kill yet.

“You have to relax Maknae. Everything is under control now.” Youngbae dragged Seungri to sit on one of my couches and poured himself some whiskey. Seungri noticed the drink in Youngbae’s hand and reached for it but he wouldn’t let him. “Sorry Maknae, you’re still underage.”

“Aish! This ! I can’t even do cool stuffs because of that fcking underage thingy.”

“Stop swearing, Maknae!” Daesung gave him a look and sat across him. Seungri finally shut up.

“What the hell happened hyung!? I thought the plan is final.” Jiyong made his way towards me.

Tablo is a new recruit member of our gang. Youngbae saw some potential in him that’s why he helped him in. He’s trained with the other new recruits and has passed all the tests. He has some good skills. Just earlier before the incident, I saw Tablo rushing out of my office. He looked shocked to see me standing before him and without saying anything he ran away from me. I started chasing him and called Jiyong for reinforcements. I saw his earring on his left ear and I noticed that it flickered like those of the eyes of a snake. He’s a member of The Snakes and he’s been spying on us. That black earring is a top secret kept within The Snakes. It is not known to everyone because only the members are given those special earrings and it is forbidden for anyone to know if they’re not a member of their gang. I’ve known their secret since I have people doing research about them.

“Tablo is a member of The Snakes. He’s been spying on us these past few months. When I saw him went out of my office, he has gotten all the information he needed. More importantly, he saw my face.”

“What?!” All of them yelled in surprise. Jiyong quietly sat down.

“I saw his earring. It flashed yellow which means he’s just a low class one.”

All of them were speechless. They got fooled by someone they used to call ‘friend’. Out of the blue, Youngbae broke the silence. “I’m sorry for bringing him in. I saw potentials in him and I thought..”

“It’s alright. I already killed him. But somebody got involved.”

“Wait- what?! Another traitor? Did he see your face?” Seungri yelled.

“No, she’s not a traitor. Yes, she has seen me. She just happens to be there hiding somewhere when Tablo used her as a hostage.” I told them while I also pour myself a glass of my favourite whiskey and sat next to Youngbae and Jiyong.

“She? You mean a female? Did you kill her already?” Jiyong asked interestingly. Women are not likely to be involved in this matter maybe that’s why it amuses him.

“No. She’s in one of my guest rooms.”

“Are you fcking out of your mind?” Jiyong yelled at me.

“Are you fcking out of your mind?” Seungri also yelled at me copying Jiyong. Youngbae just sipped another from his drink. “Didn’t I tell you not to curse!?” Then, Daesung whacked Seungri’s head. He just tsked me since he has been constantly reminding me of the consequences of bringing her here. He’s with me when I shot Tablo and when I carried the girl into my apartment.

“She doesn’t know anything. As long as it stays like that, I’ll let her live.”

“But she saw your face! Why didn’t you kill her?!” Jiyong asked me.

No one not even the members themselves have seen our faces. Only those who work directly under us know our real identity. We use someone like a liaison officer to command the lower class members. The liaison officers work directly under us and carry-out our instruction to them. If ever a member sees our face, he shall keep it to himself until the day he dies. They are also not allowed to say our real name when working on an assignment. Only our aliases. Anyone who betrays our law shall be punished.

People do not know that we are the head of ‘The Bigbang’. Outside Bigbang, we’re just normal people living under the law.

But honestly, I don’t even know why I didn’t kill her. It didn’t even flash into my mind. My body automatically moved when I saw her cry. No, it definitely wasn’t love at first sight. I’ve never been in love.

They took my silence as a reply and silently nodded.

“But you still have to kill her if ever she becomes a hindrance to us.”

 

 

“I will.” 

 

-End of Chapter-

A/N: Hello everyone! Thank you for subscribing and commenting! I hope I didn't disappoint you. I tried my best to write this. It's really hard for me to express and write what I want to happen because I'm not really good in speaking English. Take care always! :)