Final.

They say

I'm bored~


And they say chivalry is dead.

 

There she goes again the beautiful girl called, Irene. As corny as it sounds but, she’s Wendy’s dream girl though unfortunately for her, the girl doesn’t seem to recognize her or she did?  She’s not sure but hopefully it’s the latter.

 

Irene is older than her; she’s one of Wendy’s seniors along with Krystal Jung and Bomi Yoon but she’s also friends with Seulgi one of the juniors and Joy, she’s a freshmen.

 

Wendy’s eyes twinkle as she watches Irene walk gleefully. She’s beautiful.

 

Today is the day where Wendy finally decides to make a move. She shakes her hands trying to calm herself for her not to faint in front of her senior crush or trying to make fool of herself.

 

Irene is heading to towards the Coffee shop together with her friends Seulgi and Joy and this is the perfect opportunity for her to be recognized.

 

She rushes over the girl’s and passed by them so that she can open the door for them. Smooth.

 

“Eh?” The trio stopped and the bear-like girl eyes Wendy.

 

“She’s opening the door for us, pabo” Joy said.

 

“Oh” Seulgi turn her gaze over Joy “And why is she doing that?” She whispers for Wendy not to hear but unfortunately, she heard.

 

Joy shrugs “There are only two possibilities I know. First, she likes Irene or she likes me”

 

Seulgi’s eyes widen, “Conceited much?”

 

Joy rolls her eyes “Pabo much, unnie?” She playfully banters.

 

“Stupid” Seulgi mutters before pushing joy inside.  On the other hand, Irene let her best friends go inside first.

 

“Thank you” Irene simply said before tailing over her friends,

She recognized me. Wendy smiles so bright she might overthrow the brightness of the sun.  After her little day dreaming she finally step inside and look for a seat not so far from Irene’s.

 

She discreetly stares at Irene, she can’t help but to fall in love all over again, she taps her finger over the table and hums a little.  Wendy loves how Irene’s hair fall down from her neck but she loves Irene’s smile the most. She loves everything about the girl.

 

She snaps when she sees Irene stood up from her seat and march over the counter. Without wasting time, she immediately follows Irene.  Wendy’s brows irks ‘cause she only heard the ‘Vanilla latte’ and ‘Grande’ words from Irene’s mouth.

 

Wendy bit her lower lip trying to cheer herself from the thing that she’s about to do. She places a dollar at the counter before Irene did. “I’ll pay for her order” she nervously said. Her eyes focus at the cashier not wanting to meet Irene’s gaze.

 

“W-what are you doing?” Wendy heard what Irene said. Still with her eyes forward she replied “I’m paying for your order. Don’t worry I insist” Wendy said, finally had a courage to face Irene before flashing her mega-watts smile.

 

Wendy blinks, is she blushing or it’s just me? She asked herself but then shrugs it.

 

“Thank you…”

 

“Wendy, Call me Wendy” She said.

 

“Hmm. Thanks again Wendy and, Irene is the name”

 

I know.

 

---

 

“Thanks Wendy” The girl named Jisoo mouthed those words to Wendy after helping her to open the door for her.

 

“No problem” Wendy said. She tilts her head and was quite taken a back when she saw Irene staring at her; she wanted to get lost to those eyes but decided not to after realizing that the girl might need a hand because she’s carrying too many books. She jogs after Irene and flashed a smile before greeting her “Hey, Irene unnie” Yep. Wendy and Irene already became friends’ days ago, thanks to Wendy’s efforts.

 

“You really love to help girls eh” Irene commented.

 

Wendy chuckles “My mom and dad always reminds me to always help people and also I don’t mind helping people, It’s cool” She ended with a smile. “Anyway, let me help you with that”

 

Irene steps back “No it’s okay, I can handle this”

 

Wendy let a cute giggle “My mom also told me that when a girl says it’s okay, most of the time it’s not so, please let me help you”

 

Irene didn’t have a time to react cause the cute hamster already snatch the four books in her hands leaving her only one piece of book. “Isn’t that too much?” She worriedly asked.

 

“It’s okay, this is nothing compared to the boxes that I used to carry for my mom, oh. I really meant that it’s okay” Wendy cheekily said.

 

Irene giggles, “If you say so, anyway. Thanks again”

 

“It’s nothing. You are always welcome, unnie.” Wendy pause “Wait let me walk you to your place, where are we going anywhere?”

 

“I’m about to go home, are you sure you want to walk me home?”

 

“Oh, It’s okay I don’t mind, you live at the third street right?” Wendy asked.

 

“Yep. How did you know?” Irene asked in curiosity.

 

“Joy, I asked her about your house address, hope you don’t mind” Wendy sheepishly said.

 

“Oh, is that so. Don’t worry I don’t mind. So let’s go now?” Wendy nodded after praying to the god that Irene didn’t question her motive for Irene’s address.

 

As the walk out from the campus and went down the street, Wendy can’t help but to smile, she’s walking Irene home. Goal achieved. She thought.  They were walking in silence, a comfortable silence which is a good thing. The weather is perfect, everything seems perfect.

 

“Wendy-ah, do you want Cotton candy?”

 

The question made Wendy stop from her track, she turn her head to the left and grin seeing Irene pointing her finger over the Cotton candy vendor.

 

“Yep, sure. Unnie.” Wendy was still mesmerized by the girl’s beauty.  She watches Irene walk towards the cotton candy stand and order two fluffy pink cotton candies like a child.

 

It’s not her first time to see Irene act like a child but every time she act like one, Wendy can feel her heart skips a beat.

 

Wendy’s eyes suddenly harden when she saw the man, the one that selling cotton candies staring at the part where no one can stare except Irene.

 

She marched over Irene and drags her arm away from the man after snatching those cotton candies away, Irene paid it already anyway.

 

“Excuse me sir.  But please give her some respect. Don’t look at her chest, you can look in her eyes if you want but not there, I know you are better than that.” Wendy said in a still polite tone before dragging Irene away from the stand.

 

“Can you hold this for me?” Wendy asked the still shocked-Irene.

 

“S-sure” Irene said, holding the books that Wendy took from her a while ago. She was confused. Did that man stared at her chest, for real? Her eye brows twitched, she must thank Wendy, she thought. But then her brows furrows more when Wendy take her sweater off, leaving her only wearing a plain white tee.

 

“W-what are you doing?” Irene asked. Puzzled.

 

“Use this unnie, I don’t want men to stare at the parts that shouldn’t be stared at.” Wendy said as snatch the book from Irene and proceeds to help her to wear it.

 

“You don’t have to do this—“

 

“Yep. I don’t have to but, I want to so, please let me”

 

Irene didn’t know why but the way Wendy say those words makes her heart flutters. She can also feel the hotness in her cheeks. But what Wendy did next made the butterflies in her stomach alive.

 

Wendy clasps their hands and pulls her closer.

 

“Beautiful girl like you Irene unnie always need someone to protect you.”

 

---

 

“Here wear this” Wendy said as she offers her sneakers to Irene.

 

“But how about you?” Irene asked, her eyes staring at Wendy’s orbs.

 

“We’ve got the same size right? Then let me wear the heels, I know your feet’s already hurting so you should wear this already!” she stubbornly said.

 

“No buts, I mean buts not butts like cause I know you love it so much, but please wear this already,  you know how stubborn I am right?” Wendy pouts.

 

“Gee” Irene grumbles “Okay, okay just stop pouting already.” She then playfully hit Wendy’s shoulder.

 

Irene was about to grab the sneakers but Wendy motion her not to. “Here let me help you” Wendy said as she help Irene sit at the stool, “You should take care of your feet, your feet will get hurt it might be a problem if anything bad happens to them, you can’t attend dance practices you don’t want that to happen right?” Wendy coed.

 

Irene just watch Wendy, her heart is beating so fast. So fast she’s afraid it might jump out from her chest.

 

Wendy is kneeling down, helping Irene take off her heels, she put the heels down and gently hold Irene’s right foot and smoothly put the sneakers to Irene.  It sent electricity to Bae.

 

“There you go” Wendy said as she finishes tying the aglets for Irene. “It looks good on you” Wendy said with a smile.

 

For the first time in Irene’s life, she finds Wendy’s smile breathtaking.

 

---

 

Irene was stiff as statue when Wendy suddenly told her she love her. They were just sitting at their university bench when Wendy suddenly confessed out of the blue. She didn’t expect it, not at all.

 

It’s already 6 in the evening and it’s been 10 minutes ago since Wendy confessed but still, Irene didn’t say a word. She was just staring at the free air. She’s still shock. Maybe you should give her a few minutes.

 

A minute later, Wendy finally breaks the Ice.

 

“Irene unnie. Just like what I said, I love you and I mean it.” Wendy pause, she tear her gaze away from Irene “I can give you time if you want, tell me your reply once you are ready but, seriously. You don’t really have to love me back the way that I love you, I’ll be lying if I’ll say I don’t mind it if you reject me, of course it’ll hurt but, I will always respect your decision no matter what.” She said, facing Irene this time.

 

With that, Irene was finally out from her own world, she finds herself staring at the beautiful girl in front of her. That’s when it hits her heart hard.

 

Wendy is looking at her like she’s the only girl that she sees.

 

She doesn’t mean to sound corny but, Wendy is giving her the look of love.

 

Without thinking twice “I love you too” She said, Irene can’t help but to giggle when Wendy did that kind of reaction when she’s surprise. She’s so cute.

 

Trying to gain her composure, Wendy opens “R-really?”

 

“Are you doubting me?” Now, Irene has the nerves the tease the hamster.

 

“No—of course not” Wendy said almost immediately.

 

“Well then, what are you waiting for?” Irene shyly looked down and stared at her fidgeting fingers.

 

“W-what do you mean?” Wendy innocently asked.

 

“Well—don’t you want to k-kiss me?” The color pink was finally visible from her cheeks.

 

Wendy jumps a little “Y-you don’t mind if I’ll kiss you?” Her cheeks starting to burn too.

 

“I—I won’t”

 

“O-okay, if you say so” Wendy said.

 

Irene slowly closed her eyes then bit her lower lip in anticipation, she can feel Wendy’s presence in front of her, and she can feel the warmth from Wendy’s hands when the girl cups her face, she’s sure her face is already pink right now.

 

Wendy finally pulls her closer and kissed her….on the forehead before slowly pulling away. Irene gently open her eyes and her face became redder than before realizing that Wendy’s face is only inches away from her.

 

“They say it’s 100 times sweeter when someone kisses you on your forehead” Wendy giggles.

 

Irene did nothing but pout.

 

“Cute” She said before pecking at Irene’s nose.

 

“Ya!” Irene lightly pinch Wendy’s sides,

 

“You are so cute when you are blushing”

 

“Stop teasing me!” Irene playfully grabs Wendy by the collar.

 

“But you know what Joohyun-ah”

 

“What is it, wan-ah?”

 

“It’s 1000 time sweeter when someone you love kisses you on the lips” Wendy said before closing the gap between the two of them. It was not Wendy and Irene’s first kiss but they kissed as if it’s their first time.

 

They say chivalry is dead,

 

But not for Wendy,

 

And most probably not for Irene,

 

Cause as long as Wendy exist in her life,

 

The girl will always prove her that chivalry isn’t dead.

 

 Wendy is  Irene's  living proof.