TWO

ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After fumbling through his wardrobe for about 15 minutes, Tae Hyun decided to wear his favourite denim shirt and a pair of comfortable jeans. He tied part of his long hair into a pony tail and slipped into a comfy pair of sneakers. Grabbing his jacket hanging on the cloth hanger, Tae Hyun pushed open the front door and stepped into the streets. The 10am morning sun greeted him as he squint his eyes to look at the blue sky. Just like any other day, the streets were filled with people buying breakfast and groceries, people walking here and there without looking at anyone in the face. Pulling the hood of the jacket over his head, Tae Hyun walked along the road, down a street towards YG entertainment building.

It was supposed to be their holiday but Tae Hyun headed to the studio anyway. The hot sun burned slightly at the part where the hood covered his hair. He pulled it off once he reached the front door. He stood in front of the doorway, enjoying the warm breeze that caressed his face and brushed through his hair. He fished out his cellphone from his pocket and scrolled through the contact list. His finger stopped at the three names, ‘Kang Seung Yoon’, ‘Song Min Ho’ and ‘Lee Seung Hoon’. He hesitated. He bit down on his lower lip as his finger lingered right above the call button. Then, he let out a sigh as he slipped the phone back into his pocket and walked into the building. He didn’t feel like talking, especially not in a morning like this. The automatic glass doors opened sideways, Tae Hyun sighed again and walked in.

 He greeted the janitor in the lobby with a warm smile and headed upstairs towards his personal studio. On his way up the stairs and along the corridors, he passed by many practice rooms which were occupied by trainees most of the time. But today, it’s just plain quiet. It was also a weekend, that’s why most of the trainees were not there. They were either out playing late last night, sleeping in late in the morning or just out shopping for branded clothes. As Tae Hyun strolled along the corridor, a particular music made its way into his ears. His ears twitched. He stopped dead in his tracks as he couldn’t help but turn to face where the music came from.

The rhythm was all too familiar. For a moment there, Tae Hyun thought he barely recognized it. It has been 7 long years. It was his music. It contained too much emotion, feelings and experiences. It triggered something inside Tae Hyun’s heart. Out of curiosity, he made his way towards the practice room. Walking as softly as he could without making a sound, he tip toed towards the door and pushed it open slightly and peeked into the room.

 

“사랑하지마 내가 아니면

  Don’t love if it’s not me

         어울리지 않아 이기적이지만

          It doesn’t suit you, though it’s selfish of me

               멀리 가지마 거긴 내가 없잖아

                Don’t go far away, I’m not there

                         네 사랑은 나야 이기적이지만…”

                         Your love is me, though it’s selfish of me…

         

          The first thing that caught Tae Hyun’s attention was the sound of sneakers screeching against the dance floor that had been sprinkled by water and sweat. The dancing room was empty except for the dancing machine who was positioned in the middle of the practice room. Tae Hyun leaned his head softly on the door and held his breath as he watched him dance. Those beautiful fingers danced rhythmically along with the music in the air. His long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter