I live for this weather

This Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 the rain falling reminds me of you,
because it's falling hard,
and I am too

 

recommended songs:

Galantis – Firebird
GOT7 - 이.별 (To Star)
SEVENTEEN -  어른이되면 (When I Grow Up)

“Unnie, it’s raining,” Yerin blurted out. I followed her gaze and true enough, drops of water fell from the dark sky, staining the library’s windowpane.

“Did you bring your umbrella?” I asked her and she nodded. I took a sip from my green tea latte, it was getting cold.

“You should go home, Yerin-ah. I still have more to do,” I said as I continued writing my essay.

“Did you bring yours?” Yerin asked as she gathered her things and I shook my head no, “I’ll just run later if the rain doesn’t stop.”

“Ah jinjja,” Yerin sighed as she took out her umbrella and gave it to me, “I’ll be going home with Yugyeom. So take this.”

“You sure you don’t need it?” I asked her and she nodded in assurance.

“Okay thanks,” I smiled and took her umbrella.

“Alright, I’ll be going. Take care!” she waved to me as she stood up and left the library. “Bye! I’ll see you tomorrow,” I waved back. I took out my headphones and listened to music as I continue doing my homework. It took another two more hours before all of my homework was done. But unfortunately, the rain hadn’t stop.

I sighed and packed my things into my bag, including my headphones. I took out Yerin’s umbrella and head for the library’s entrance.

As I opened the umbrella, a boy beside me was standing there looking at the dark sky. His clothes were soaked and he looked desperate to leave the place.

“Hey are you okay?” I asked him.

“Yeah, just a bit cold,” He answered.

“Going home?” I asked him and he nodded, “Waiting for the rain to stop.”

“It’s not going to. Shall we share?” I asked pointing at the umbrella.

“Sure,” he said and we left the shelter together under one umbrella.

“Sooo…” he started, “You’re Yugyeom’s friend right? Ummm…”

“Ahyeon, Baek Ahyeon,” I said, offering him a handshake. He politely took it and said his name, “Seunghoon, Lee Seunghoon.”

 

 

“So which road are you heading to?” Seunghoon asked as we passed the school gate.

“It’s not far from here. Sampo-dong,” I pointed northwest.

“Ah, really? Mine’s not far too! Yeokpo-dong, just a few blocks away,” Seunghoon informed, “So I guess, I’ll be passing your house then.”

“Yeah, you should come in later. You’re soaked,” I pointed out.

“Naah, I’ll be fine. Besides, your house is not far from mine so I can just run from there,” he said.

“No, I insist. You’ll get a fever with that soaked shirt,” I told him.

 

 

“Mom I’m home!” I shouted at the front door as I removed my shoes. Mom came out of the kitchen complete with her apron and spatula, “Oh, Ahyeonni. Dinner’s almost ready. Who’s that?” She asked, referring to Seunghoon.

“Oh, Mom, this is Seunghoon sunbae. Sunbae, this is mom,” I introduced.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Eommoni. I’m Lee Seunghoon,” he politely bowed.

“Ohh! I know you!” Mom exclaimed, “You must be Jangwoo and Sunmi’s son! Come in!” She proceed on to her bedroom (not forgetting to put down her spatula) and a few minutes later came down with a fresh set of clothes. She gave them to Seunghoon, “You’re soaked! Go up, take a shower and change to this. Don’t worry it belongs to my husband and I’m sure he won’t mind. I’ll call your mom to tell you you’re here.”

“Alright Eommoni, thank you,” Seunghoon sheepishly said. I lead him to the second floor.

“This is my room,” I said as I opened the door, “and the bathroom is over there,” I pointed to the door opposite my study table. He put down his bag and walked towards a glass cabinet beside the bathroom door. That’s where I kept my SHINee albums and international artists albums.

“Shawol?” He asked me and I nodded sheepishly, “Key.”

 “Is it really alright for me to be here in your room? Moreover I just met you today,” he said.

I laughed and he gave me a confused expression, “Of course it’s alright!

He suddenly sneezed.

“Ommo, sunbae, you should go and shower now. You might get sick anytime!” I said as I opened the bathroom door.

“Alright, thanks,” He said as he rubbed his itchy nose and entered the bathroom.

He suddenly turned around, “Drop the formalities.”

 

 

“Mom told me that you should stay for a while since the rain just got heavier.” I told him as he exited the bathroom.

“You’re okay with me staying?” He asked and I looked at him, “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Oh okay…”

“You play that?” Seunghoon asked as he pointed the piano in my room. I nodded.

“That’s cool! Well, I rap,” Seunghoon said and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Wow… Can you show me then?” I asked him and he nodded instantly. He cleared his throat and started rapping.

The show must go on

I’ll think about those things later

I feel like I’m at the top of the gyro drop

My eyes are only looking at the ground, scared, thinking of when I will fall off
I keep on worrying and so my back automatically becomes flat
My heart shrinks and it’s beating faster and faster
When the stage-light goes off my heart is stuffy
When I return home something bursts inside me without reason
Even dreaming scares me that I cannot sleep
I’m scared of the stage so I cannot even come up with any ideas
I smile while crying I’m happy but sad/sick
Whenever I go up by one level my reputation gets worse
I cannot go up or down
It’s potent like the soju that I drink unwillingly (damn)
I feel painful thinking that I might not make it to the next level
Every night I think of what I am doing
But I have to go up the stage again (damn)

The cogwheel that I used to spin now spins me
By the speed that I picked up, now I’m strangled
I was excited but I got afraid, is there any way to stop?
My wound becomes deeper and if this continues it will eventually get infected
I’m locked in a cage, My opponent gets bigger
I shed tears, they spread in my view
One punch, two punches, the fists are thrown at me
If this continues I will eventually fall down

The show must go on

I stared at him with my eyes wide. Then I gave him a round of applause. That was a really amazing performance.

“That was really amazing,” I told him and he sheepishly smiled.

“Thanks but I’m still working on it.” He said. “Ok now it’s your turn.”

“What?” I asked.

“Well I rap for you…”

I laughed and understood what he meant. I walked to my piano and sat on the chair. I straightened myself and started singing one of my favourite songs.

Like the tides my heart is broken

Like the wind my heart is shaking

Like the smoke my love faded away

It never erases like a tattoo

I sigh deeply and the ground shakes

My heart is full of dust (say goodbye)

 

Yeah, I thought I wouldn’t be able to live even one day without you

But from what was expected, I’m getting along quite well by myself

You don’t answer anything as I cry out “I miss you”

I hope for a vain expectation but now it’s useless

 

What is it about that person next to you, did he make you cry?

Do you even see me, did you already completely forget me?

I am worried, I feel anxiety because I can’t even approach you or talk to you

Alone in the night, I erase my thoughts a hundred times

 

Don’t look back and leave

Don’t find me again and just live on

Because I have no regrets from loving you, so only take the good memories

I can bear it in some way

I can stand it in some way

You should be happy if you are like this

Day by day it fades away

 

As I finish, I heard a loud clap from Seunghoon and he smiled, “No doubt. You sing really well.”

“Ah, thanks. Well, I’m still polishing my vocal skills,” I said.

“Oh what’s this?” Seunghoon asked as he picked up a piece of paper on the floor. I looked at the paper and realized that it was my unfinished composition.

“I composed that but I couldn’t continue…” I hung my head as I told him.

“Well this one looks interesting. I can help you,” Seunghoon said and I look at him with my shocked face, “Are you serious?”

“Yeah, I can add my rap here, right?” He asked my approval and I nodded, “That would be awesome.”

 

 

 

“Ahyeon-ah,” Mark called and I looked up, “What’s up?”

“Seunghoon’s over there. He wants to meet you he said,” Mark pointed to the classroom door. And there he was, leaning against the door frame. He sheepishly waved me hello. I gave him a smile and waved back and proceeded to meet him.

“Hey,” he said and handed me a piece of paper.

“Oh what’s this?” I asked him as I unfolded it.

“I added my rap there and I hope you like it,” He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

I read the paper thoroughly and smiled, “This is perfect. Thank you!”

“It’s my pleasure, you know,” Seunghoon smiled.

Suddenly we can hear the gang shouting loudly in the hallway while running.

“Seunghoonie!” Jae called as he rested his arm on Seunghoon’s shoulder.

“Yaa! Wait for us!” Yugyeom screamed as he held Yerin’s hand while running. I chuckled at those two.

“Park Jae Hyung why did you have to run?!” Jimin asked as she hit Jae’s head with a roll of paper.

“Ya ya, don’t hit me! My hair looks ugly now.” Jae pouted as he used his fingers to comb his hair.

“Anyway, hi  Ahyeon unnie!” Jimin greeted.

“Hi Jimin!”

“Ahyeon unnie!” Yerin called and I waved to her.

“We have plans today since it’s a good day.” Jae said.

“Plans? What kind of plans?” Seunghoon asked.

“Since today is a good day, according to Jae, let’s all hangout at a café!” Jimin announced.

“It’s been raining a lot lately and we don’t have the chance to go out together…” Yerin pointed out.

“So what do you say? Are you in?” Yugyeom asked.

“Well I don’t mind at all.” Seunghoon smiled.

“What about you Ahyeonnie?” Jae asked and I don’t know what to answer. Should I go?

“Ermm…”

“Just come with us unnie,” Jimin said and I nod, “Fine fine, I’ll come.”

“Yas!” Jimin and Yerin cheered in chorus.

 

 

We arrived at a café not far from the school. It was the café that the gang love to visit. Not only its cosy, the drinks they make is also very nice. We choose to sat at a round table, the gang’s favourite spot.

“Can I take your orders?” The waiter, Jinhwan, asked.

“As usual, bubble milk tea,” Jimin said. It’s her favourite drink out of all the drinks in the world.

“I’ll just have Caramel Macchiato please,” Yugyeom said.

“Strawberry Milkshake for me!” Yerin said.

“Green Tea Latte,” I said but I realized I didn’t say it alone. I looked up and realized that it was Seunghoon.

“Aye aye, are we feeling something here?” Jae asked, hinting the others something.

Jimin hit Jae’s head with the menu, Yugyeom shh-ed him while Yerin elbowed me. I mouthed a ‘what’ but she replied me with a smirk.

“Chocolate bubble tea~ I like chocolate bubble tea~,” Jae sang and the waiter sighed at his childishness.

Not long after ordering, our drinks came and the rest were already chatting away, or more exactly, Jae and Jimin’s non-stop bickering and Yugyeom and Yerin’s lovey dovey scene.

“Why aren’t you two talking?” Jimin asked suddenly as she eyed me and Seunghoon.

“Eh?” we chorused.

“Say something. You two are really quiet,” Yerin eyed us suspiciously.

“Ermm, what are we suppose to say?” I asked them.

“Let’s see, why are you two suddenly close?” Jae asked.

“Yeah, we haven’t seen you together before today,” Yugyeom pointed out.

“Well, Ahyeon shared her umbrella with me once,” Seunghoon said.

“And he helped me compose a song,” I continued.

“Wah, daebak you two! Reminds me of our past, Yerin-ah,” Yugyeom held his girlfriend’s hand.

“You were cheesy back then,” Yerin pinched his nose.

“So I’m not cheesy anymore?” Yugyeom pouted.

“Yah, of course you’re still. You’re the best for me!” Yerin gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Get a room you two!” Jimin and Jae chorused, shooing them off. I can only laugh at their sweet moment. They’re really cute.

 

 

“Oh, it’s already 5pm!” Jae announced after taking a look at his black watch.

“Ommo you have guitar lesson at 5.30 remember?” Jimin reminded and they quickly packed his bag.

“Sorry guys! Gotta run now!” Jae apologized. He held Jimin’s hand and ran.

“Oh yea, please help us with the bills! We’ll pay you back tomorrow!” Jimin shouted as she walked out.

“Ok bye!” We all waved goodbye to the two kiddos.

“I thought it’s only Jae that has guitar lesson? Why did he have to pull Jimin with him?” Seunghoon asked.

“They are known as the inseparable pair. They can never be seen without the other,” Yerin explained.

“They’re magnets,” Yugyeom added and we laughed.

“I think we gotta go now too,” Yerin said and we agreed.

“Yeah, before our parents started calling us,” I said and we all get up. I walked to the counter and took out my wallet. I intend to pay for the 6 of us since today is a really good day.

“How much is it?” I asked the cashier.

“3,500 won,” the waiter said. I took out the notes and the coins when Seunghoon suddenly gave the cashier the money.

“It’s okay. It’s on me,” Seunghoon smiled.

And I swear my heart skipped a beat

 

 

 

“Ahyeon darling! Can you come down for a bit?” Mom called from downstairs. I put down my pen and make my way down, “coming!”

I saw mom and dad sitting on the sofa, with dad typing away in his phone and mom searching airplane tickets on the computer.

“Ahyeon-ah, we are going to New York next Tuesday,” Dad announced.

“Why?” I asked.

“Won Geun is getting married,” Dad said, “And we’re going to attend the marriage next Sunday.”

“Who’s Won Geun?”

“Don’t you remember him? Aunt Jihyo’s husband’s brother’s son,” Mom replied.

“I don’t remember.”

Dad sighed, “Jung Eunji’s fiancé. Please tell me you remember her.”

“Oh, Eunji. The one we met in Italy right? She’s really good in singing,” I remembered.

“Yeah that’s the girl. Now what we need you is to take care of the house, okay?” Mom said and I nodded.

“We’ll be back the next Tuesday,” Dad said.

“Wait, can’t you go on Saturday instead?” I asked them.

“The ticket on Tuesdays are much cheaper, darling. Don’t worry, it’s just a week,” Dad reassured and I smiled, “It’s okay, dad.”

 

 

*Beep beep*

My phone buzzed. I stopped my composing and picked up my phone. It’s a text from Seunghoon.

Ahyeon-ah, what are you doing? :D

I chuckled. He had never text me like this before.

I’m writing the lyrics.

Don’t worry too much about it. Ideas will come when you chillax :)

Before I could send another message, he sent another one.

I’m bored .-.

I laughed. He seem to really have nothing to do at this hour.

Done your homework?

Who cares about homework ;)

Hahaha XD you’re the type who doesn’t hand up homework on time uh?

Well almost the whole class don’t. Teacher Yoo’s boring as hell -.-

Haha, that old man.

Anyway, I can’t wait for you to finish your song ^^

I hope I don’t take too long to complete ><

Don’t worry just take your time :) Ideas will come.

Thanks Seunghoon-ah ^^

No problem! :) Good night Ahyeonnie… ^^

Good night Seunghoonie :)

I had a good night sleep that night, even though I was alone in the house.

 

 

 

It was 7pm on a Thursday and I’m still trying to get some ideas out of my head. I really can’t think to continue the lyrics in my song.

Suddenly my phone buzzed. A text came from Mark.

Ahyeon-ah! Help me with Teacher Jang’s essay please.

I frowned.

Huh? What essay?? O.O

Ehh?? Didn’t you attend his lesson today?? He gave us an essay to do today and he wants it tomorrow.

Oh my gosh. I remember now. I have homework to do and I have not even started!

What?!?! Ommo I have not even started! ><

Okay hurry up! I guess I have to ask someone else to help me then…

Sorry Mark ><

It’s okay! Hurry and do it before night falls.

Yeah thanks Mark! If it wasn’t for you maybe I’ll get punishment from him tomorrow!

I put down my phone and took out a piece of writing paper and start writing my essay. I remember him saying if we run out of ideas we can always look out in the web. This time, I need data in my essay. I picked up my phone again and start searching…

 

 

 

 

I was halfway through my essay when everything else in the room became black.

I took out my phone and checked the time. It was 9pm.

I stood up and took my phone and carefully walked to my cabinet to find a flashlight. I took them out and found out that it’s not just my room but the whole house! It’s a blackout!

I unlocked my front door to check my neighbour but their houses seem to be just fine.

Oh my gosh. It’s just my house that has no power. I panicked and called my mom.

“Mom? Help me…”

“Hi darling, what happened?” The other line asked.

“There’s a blackout but it’s only our house. Eotthoke?”

“Hold on a sec. Let me talk to your dad,” Mom said.

After a minute of buzzing from the other line, Mom was back on the phone again.

“Okay darling, I’ll ask some help okay? Don’t worry. It’s just a blackout,” Mom reassured.

“Okay mom.”

“Just wait at the fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter